Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HELP 09 COLORS?

Old 05-25-2008, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP 09 COLORS?

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Actually nothing was ever said about hemi orange only being on srts. There was also nothing said about hemi orange only being on the 08s either. I hear all this whining about the orange not being special anymore and that dodge screwed people over by telling them it was an 08 only color for the srts only but dodge never promised this. People just assumed and are now complaining about dodge not living up to their assumptions.

I hope that they make hemi orange available on the v6 and offer carbon fiber look hood stripes and a fake 2nd exhaust pipe and hemi badging just so these whining owners will turn around and sell their cars to someone who will actually appreciate it for what it is and not a "look at me I spent 40 grand" status symbol. Blech. That's not what these cars are about. If you want something limited that shows how special you are go buy a ferrari!!
Justine... with all due respect... it looks like you may not have quite all the facts regarding what Dodge presented, might want to do a little research? Also, don't think anyone was attacking you so not sure why you have taken such a defensive posture. Have a great day anyway!!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:49 AM

mopar2ya,

I'm not entirely sure where Justine's facts are wrong?

Chrysler never formally wrote that Hemi Orange would be exclusive to the '08 SRT8s. The only potential ways you could arrive at any assumption (keyword there) that it was exclusive were through two pieces of information

[1] The preliminary '09 brochure listed Hemi Orange as R/T only
[2] Many review sites assumed and posted thir assumptions that Hemi Orange was exclusive to '08 SRT8s

You could only INFER based on #1 that it was exclusive and #2 is not to be taken as fact, ever. Never did Chrysler come out and say that one of the exclusive benefits of the '08 SRT8 was hemi orange. It was never a guaranteed benefit. The only published guaranteed benefit was that it would be numbered, really. We didn't even find out until much later that a bonus benefit was the carbon stripes. Even then, the carbon fiber thing is another 'bonus' benefit we're assuming is part of the '08. Tomorrow Chrysler could announce that all '09 stripes are carbon fiber too and still not be going back on their word. The only time Hemi Orange came up was in the context of the '09, not in the context of the '08. The only published factual guarantee about the '08 SRT that is exclusive is the numbered plaque - that's it. If you can show me Chrysler press release/data otherwise, I will gladly concede and agree with you.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 AM

Well... guess I'll have to do some looking myself. Maybe I got my facts a little crossed up somewhere, but definately going to do some checking and see. Seems there has been quite a bit of conjecture that may have inadvertantly misled people here and there. Point well taken... will let you know if I come up with any "solid" facts myself... Cheers!!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:09 AM

Yep venthos that is exactly my feeling. People just made assumptions and have gotten mad about it. I was reading on redletter dodge and 2 guys said they were going to sue chrysler for making hemi orange available on the 08s!! lol!!!

I wasn't really going at anyone in this topic specifically but budman's tone seemed to be bitter that dodge had changed their mind about the orange. He also mentioned the orange on srt only "fact" that I've seen brought up before. This just brought to mind all the complaints I've seen on this forum, other forums, and the redletterdodge blog about this issue. If anyone can show me where dodge promised hemi orange on 08 srts only I will gladly eat my words.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Yep venthos that is exactly my feeling. People just made assumptions and have gotten mad about it. I was reading on redletter dodge and 2 guys said they were going to sue chrysler for making hemi orange available on the 08s!! lol!!!

I wasn't really going at anyone in this topic specifically but budman's tone seemed to be bitter that dodge had changed their mind about the orange. He also mentioned the orange on srt only "fact" that I've seen brought up before. This just brought to mind all the complaints I've seen on this forum, other forums, and the redletterdodge blog about this issue. If anyone can show me where dodge promised hemi orange on 08 srts only I will gladly eat my words.

That is very sad. I can't have my cookies so I am going to get mad since I did not get the chocolate ones like I wanted so I will get mad at the cookie bakery.

If I can't have my Plum Crazy, then I get black, if not then maybe blue, but to say you are going to sue someone......can you spell tort reform.

Enjoy the car, lets not get bent of shape.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:14 PM

Throughout the process of waiting for the challenger there have been many twists and turns both positive and negative. The announcement that they would build it was great. Then there were rumors that it would only be available as a 50k+ short run and I was dissapointed. Then they announced they'd be making many models. Then we saw the production interior and it wasn't as good as the concept. But the exterior was nearly as good. When I saw the list of colors it was dissapointing not to see a lot of the cool high impact colors. We are simply waiting through the process that every manufacturer goes through in readying a car for market. There isn't this much anticipation for most cars though and we never get a grasp of all the twists and turns and ups and downs that a company goes through before the car comes out. We just see the finished product. Had dodge unveiled what they did without ever showing the concept or letting 2 years of hype build, and not taking preorders but only selling what was on lots, there would be little to no complaining.

You can not get upset over an unfinished product. Don't complain about the wait or this or that, putting down money on a car on december 3rd was your choice and any speculation about when that car would be finished, or how many would be produced, or how special your car will be as a collectors item in 30 years is just that, speculation, made by the consumer. Dodge went ahead and allowed these orders to be taken because people were demanding they do so!

I won't sit here and defend a multi billion dollar company because very few deserve to be defended. But in the automotive industry it's really the only way it can be done unless you want to pay $70 grand for a hand built aveo clone from mom and pop's car co. Because with out a giant company with million dollar assembly lines that's what you'd be paying. But within that company there's people who are passionate about the same things you are and they do everything within their resources to make the best product they can. Unfortunately you get stuck with middlemen micromanagers and budget police and market research idiots etc. who bridge the gap between you and your car. So if you want to complain about colors, or how long the wait is, or if you want to sue or sell your car as soon as you get it because you're mad at dodge, be my guest.

More challengers for the rest of us
Old 05-26-2008, 06:36 AM

We've heard people complain over and over again about the lack of color choices, but on the 09 unofficial tracker only 9 of 41 cars are something other than black and hemi orange. Maybe the people complaining are not buying the car, they're just complaining.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

We've heard people complain over and over again about the lack of color choices, but on the 09 unofficial tracker only 9 of 41 cars are something other than black and hemi orange. Maybe the people complaining are not buying the car, they're just complaining.
I don't follow you. You think that if people really wanted more color choices that the orders would be more evenly divided among the choices we do have? Maybe all the people ordering black ones really wanted sublime. Or maybe all the people complaining about the lack of their favorite color are waiting to see if it becomes available. Maybe if there were more colors choices there would be five times as many entries on the unofficial tracker. For your observation to have merit, maybe the unofficial tracker should have an entry for "preferred color." The idea that "everybody is ordering black or orange therefore they really didn't want any other colors" doesn't make much logical sense.

Maybe the people complaining are not buying the car, they're just complaining waiting.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

Maybe the people complaining are not buying the car, they're just complaining waiting.
or... settling...
Old 05-26-2008, 01:04 PM

I didn't say everyone was ordering black and hemi orange and they didn't want any other colors, you did. I just said for all the complaining about lack of choices, when more are offered less than 20% opt for something different. Small sample I grant you, but probably not totally meaningless.
ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

I don't follow you. You think that if people really wanted more color choices that the orders would be more evenly divided among the choices we do have? Maybe all the people ordering black ones really wanted sublime. Or maybe all the people complaining about the lack of their favorite color are waiting to see if it becomes available. Maybe if there were more colors choices there would be five times as many entries on the unofficial tracker. For your observation to have merit, maybe the unofficial tracker should have an entry for "preferred color." The idea that "everybody is ordering black or orange therefore they really didn't want any other colors" doesn't make much logical sense.

Quick Reply: HELP 09 COLORS?