Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HEMI test drivers lookie here...

Old 09-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEMI test drivers lookie here...

Keep us posted. If you can tell us what engine and transmission it has we will appreciate it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 AM

I test drove a new Charger with a 5.7L and the sales guy let me put my foot in it a little. Has some power but the automatic transmission kind of dissapointed the experience. I am not sure what the weight difference between a Charger and Challenger will be but the car felt a little heavy to me. As you put your foot down the front end came up and then as you gained speed it leveled off.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: awsure

I test drove a new Charger with a 5.7L and the sales guy let me put my foot in it a little. Has some power but the automatic transmission kind of dissapointed the experience. I am not sure what the weight difference between a Charger and Challenger will be but the car felt a little heavy to me. As you put your foot down the front end came up and then as you gained speed it leveled off.
Your experience is exactly what I don't like about heavy cars as they feel like boat anchors with all of that intertia. I like instantanous responses and not body responses that take time to react to.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:06 PM

I have not yet test drived a charger yet but i will very very soon. I will be looking to buy my first car soon and I will test drive the charger. The only problem is I might try to wait for the challenger before I buy.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:25 AM

I actually drove the Charger before I knew about the Challenger and wanted to buy an SRT. The only one they had on the lot was owned by the GM of the dealership and the sales guy (I think) kept showing me the R/T as they probably could not get an SRT. I expect the extra power makes a big difference in feel. After seeing the Challenger all thoughts of a Charger are purged from my brain. It would prove interesting to drive the SRT to feel the speed and power though.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Your experience is exactly what I don't like about heavy cars as they feel like boat anchors with all of that intertia. I like instantanous responses and not body responses that take time to react to.
Would doing weight reduction fix that problem or is the stock built too heavy already?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts