Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Honest review of my Challenger from me a dealer

Old 06-26-2008, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honest review of my Challenger from me a dealer

Are these type of problems normal on a new car? I was expecting perfection is that unreasonable? I am glad you are happy Neal but should people settle? Jim
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 PM

I heard someone else talk about dimpling from inside the fender... suppose they were talking about the same thing. If so I would think they would have corrected the issue by now??? [&:]
Old 06-27-2008, 05:28 AM

Hi Neil,

How did the reflash work? any improvements or recommendation from Dodge? How did the paint run come out? Last but not least are the exhaust tips easily leveled?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:37 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Hi Neil,

How did the reflash work? any improvements or recommendation from Dodge? How did the paint run come out? Last but not least are the exhaust tips easily leveled?

I'll let you know after today...

We were too busy to worry about it yesterday thankfully.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:21 AM

Morning Neal,

There is also an aftermarket reprogrammer, Diablo Sport Predator. I read it greatly improves your performance and you can choose several configs. I also read that the factory does not like this and you have to dump the original programming in prior to warranty repair. Dont know if your guys know anything about this? I would be interested in your input.

Hope all is well and if you get time please run a VV for me. My car has moved and I would like a copy for my records.

8H302160

Thanx,

Dave
Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 AM

i read that there is a 300 mi training period for the trans and the computer to learn and this could be noticed at take off speeds for the break in period i think it was on the sun visor wrapper.no doubt we will probably have a few recalls on our cars as is typical with a new model but wow what a car. i had a professional body guy who does high end street rod work go over mine and he said it was a very good quality paint job possibly one of the best factory jobs he had seen
Old 06-27-2008, 08:53 AM

I once owned a 1979 Z28, ordered it from the factory also. The truck carrying the cars arrived late at night, my friend who new the exact car that I was getting was driving home from work and saw the car being unloaded at the dealership. He pulled over and went to see the car, it had a t-top,but i didn't order a t-top. In other words they had ripped two holes in the top of the car unloading the thing. He calls me when he gets home (cell phones did not exist then), tells me what he saw. I call the dealership the next morning and ask if my car was there and was told no. It was there all right, sitting in the body shop having bondo applied to it. I told the body guy that I was looking for some touch-up paint. During our conversation I pointed to the Z-28 and asked him what happened to that car? He informed me that they ripped a hole in the top of the car as they were unloading the thing and they were trying to fix it before the owner picked it up. He also informed me that from time to time they come in damaged, they fix them and the owner never knows. I waited a long time for that car just like I've waited for this one. One ding, one dent, one scratch is unexceptable for an almost 45,000 car.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: claymore

I once owned a 1979 Z28, ordered it from the factory also. The truck carrying the cars arrived late at night, my friend who new the exact car that I was getting was driving home from work and saw the car being unloaded at the dealership. He pulled over and went to see the car, it had a t-top,but i didn't order a t-top. In other words they had ripped two holes in the top of the car unloading the thing. He calls me when he gets home (cell phones did not exist then), tells me what he saw. I call the dealership the next morning and ask if my car was there and was told no. It was there all right, sitting in the body shop having bondo applied to it. I told the body guy that I was looking for some touch-up paint. During our conversation I pointed to the Z-28 and asked him what happened to that car? He informed me that they ripped a hole in the top of the car as they were unloading the thing and they were trying to fix it before the owner picked it up. He also informed me that from time to time they come in damaged, they fix them and the owner never knows. I waited a long time for that car just like I've waited for this one. One ding, one dent, one scratch is unexceptable for an almost 45,000 car.

OK I understand your point but place yourself in my shoes for a moment. I am the sales manager of a Dodge dealership and have been waiting just as excited as anybody else in the world to get this car and here it comes with a couple of issues ! Do I refuse to buy the car ? No

Somebody else would buy it and I would be waiting forever for another Challenger.

What that dealer did was wrong and we would NEVER hide something like that but please understand that often it is something beyond the dealers control.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 AM

Perfection wont happen..... look hard enough and you will see something.
I would do the same thing, and leave the chip alone Neal. You are the only one seeing it, and it is going to be driven.

I hear this car was put together with great care... not perfect, just correct. While the dealer will always fix a blemish, it does more damage at times.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM

My comment was nothing personal, and your point was well taken. When I confronted the dealership with the issue, what you said is exactly what I was told. They would not reduce the price of the car and told me that if I didn't want the car no problem.....someone else would buy it in a heartbeat. Of course I took it and it was a great car. The last car I ordered was a 2005 Mustang GT and it was perfect, it did not come with the stereo system that I ordered.....the dealer said no problem, someone else will buy it, if I didn't want it he would order me another. I said screw that and now it is getting traded in on my Challenger. I'm just gunshy thats all, I am the type that will lose sleep over a ding.

Quick Reply: Honest review of my Challenger from me a dealer