Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   THE HOOD!!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/hood-2684/)

MrKrisSullivan 02-29-2008 08:40 PM

RE: THE HOOD!!!

OH AS TOO WHAT IM DRIVING!! HA!!!
A DODGE RAM 4X4 SINGLE CAB SLT WITH A HEMI HA!! 20 INCH WHEELS AND A FAT FLOWMASTER EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH 4-INCH TIPS.
OHH PRR PRR PRETTY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU DRIVE MAN.
Man i've been driving the new HEMI since it came out son. I got my '03 with 23 miles on it and it has just over 65,000 now.
Ohh if you want to buy it im thinking;) of selling it soon i'll let you know. Maybe 13k. For my soon to be super-charged r/t.
Hard earned too. Much love peace...

kevin2323 02-29-2008 09:08 PM

nice ride man but i doubt youll get anything near 13k for a single cab ram 1500 ( you can get a new one for pretty much 23 and change or a little more).... i have a 1500 quad cab with dual flos in the back(only 28k miles on it) and im having a rough time even selling it for what i still owe on it, which is 15k and will be around 13k when the my ordered challenger gets delivered.

kevin2323 02-29-2008 09:12 PM

yes a supercharged r/t will take a stock srt8.... but whos gonna keep their srt8 stock, not me lol . the 6.1 l has way more potential then the r/t so good luck finding a stock srt8... unless its a collector who wants to keep everything original... and if that was the case he wouldnt want to put that original engine under strain racing a r/t.
as for the 392 you wont just take it with a supercharger.... the 392 crate puts out mid 500s on hp and tq..... the 5.7 SC wont reach the 392s peak.

good luck though

MrKrisSullivan 02-29-2008 09:29 PM

yeah i don't truly think i could get a 392 with just supercharging an R/t but mine is gonna be lighter just cause of the 5.7 and few more do-dads would put me right at say 550hp.
Some sites for super-charging the charger are claiming in the low 500's so that's with a 340-350 hp engine. Im thinking with the HEMI do for it's upgrade it'll easily fetch the 500 mark.
So don't throw that idea away completly.
yeah 13k is fair i'd be happy with 11,500 or 12k but the more i post on forums like these and read all this stuff. Im thinking of keeping the truck and just driving it to the ground and buying a challenger r/t used. I don't have the cash to think about an SRT and if i did i still don't think i'd want it. But after buying my truck brand new i don't think i'll buy a new car again. You can just save so much money finding the right buy used. but with dodge's new lifetime powertrain warranty, it makes me want to buy new again but, if in the end im thinking about really super-charging it i might as well buy used.
Plus my girl-friends dad builds hot-rods. And he could really help. I don't really think i need dodge's lifetime warranty but im lucky i guess.
My only other real choice for just plain making people look stupid on the road is a GTO with the LS2, those things are just plain fast. Not much on looks but it has some class to it. And if you super-charge that puppy it would take a 392. But im a die hard mopar fan. But my brain is a performance fan first. Peace..

kevin2323 02-29-2008 09:35 PM

i think turbos are making 500rwhp i havent seen a supercharger that has been tested on a r/t that reeaches 500 rwhp and tq... im not talking about crank horsepower... i dunno if you were.

MrKrisSullivan 02-29-2008 09:41 PM

no i wasn't talking about the wheels but in that case what do you think a turbo would run for the 5.7 cause the superchargers out ther aren't far off from that.

kevin2323 02-29-2008 09:59 PM

oh naw the superchargers come close to the turbos ..... superchargers for the 5.7 l are getting around 430-440 rwhp and around 440+tq ... the turbos for the 5.7 l get 500 rwhp and 550 lb of tq at 6000 rpms..... your getting little bit more hp from the turbo but the decisive factor is the tq... your puting out a beastly 550 lb of tq from a turbo. But thats from what i have seen from people who have superchargers and turbos on their lx cars.

koopa 03-01-2008 03:41 AM

To be honest i kinda like the hood on the production car. Although i wonder if dodge will offer the carbon-effect stripe as a deletable option.
I used the colour scheme link on another thread and found some great combinations with the side detailing as opposed to the hood stripe. (for the record i think black AAR strobe graphics on a plum crazy, sublime or all white Challenger look awesome!)

If scoops and things are your thing there are sure to be a whole heap of aftermarket vendors that will have carbon hoods and vented scooped examples for you to purchase at a later date. I read that some may even produce the shaker hood feature! [8D]

70sguy 03-01-2008 04:03 AM

Kris

i happen to drive a 2001 ford lariat supercrew 4X4, tonnou cover, alpine stereo, 4 boston acoustics, dvd, tv for grandkids, 2007 tl types S, 2006 sporttract-daily driver, 2003 lifted custom ezgo, 500 polaris sportsman, 18 ft astro fs with 150 black max, and soon to be an 08 srt8. former vehicles were 73 cuda 340 b&b, roadrunner,plymouth trailduster4x4, dodge ramcharger 4x4, 85 mustang gt, 70 torino 351 cleveland, 72 gran torino 351 cleveland cobra jet, and others but nothing to brag about.

Paladin06 03-01-2008 04:09 AM

I don't really care for the CF look stripes. I'm concerned about them in the hot summer sun of AZ. I had some custom CF decals on my current car and the 120 degree summer days were not friendly to them at all. Lets just say they faded fast. I think I'll got mine painted on either by the OEM or a good local paint shop.

MrKrisSullivan - Don't wait too long. This car is going to be a short run much like the last time around.