Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

THE HOOD!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE HOOD!!!

READ IN HOT ROD MAG. "carbon fiber look" and the scoops aren't functional. Anyone have anything to say about that??
I guess the r/t makes more sense in the end.
With a real carbon fiber hood and real scoops the r/t really isn't far from the srt. I love this car but come on fellas what's up with that.
Im r/t all the way no real reason to pay all the extra cash for an srt that isn't really an srt. Don't get me wrong i love the 6.1 but all the extra cash for a bunch of junk no way. All i want is the 6.1 not the sorry interior that goes with it. Peace...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: THE HOOD!!! WHAT!!!

First of all, please refrain from using vulgar internet slang, we do not tolerate vulgar language on here. Secondly, yes this has been discussed in a few threads, it looks as though the hood scoops will have the same role as the ones on the other SRT-8 models of merely cooling the engine, but not providing a ram-air effect.

I'm confused on what you are saying but I think I have a clue what your thinking. The R/T model has not been released yet, the Concept Challenger was listed as an R/T while having the 6.1L, a manual, a functional scoop, and I believe the carbon fiber hood. The Concept Challenger R/T will not be sold in the dealerships, the R/T version the dealerships will have will feature a 5.7L VCT Hemi engine and will probably have non-functional scoops (if any) and a metal hood. Carbon Fiber is expensive, so I have trouble believing that they would not offer that on the top of the line model, but on the second level from the top. I would hardly call the Challenger "a bunch of junk." I will agree that there are some things that are disappointing as I would have preferred several things from the concept car, but I can either be stubborned about it and say I won't buy it after two years of dreaming of the car, or I can overlook these issues, realize that most cars from concept to production change a lot, and count my blessings that they kept as much of it correct as they did.

Also what do you mean by "pay all the extra cash for an srt that isn't really an srt?" What part of this does not fit your criteria as an srt?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 PM

I'm trying to figure out where the SRT isn't an SRT part of your arguement is coming from? The SRT team built it, tested it, and moved it from the drawing board to reality.[&:]
Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For anyone interested in ultimate performance, the SRT is the way to go. If you buy an R/T and try to duplicate the performance (hp, handling, braking, wheels, etc.) and looks of the SRT it will actually cost you much more $$.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM

Yeah the "carbon fiber decals" are bogus and it would've been better to just be honest
and paint black stripes, but you have to look at the whole picture.
The Challenger SRT8 is loaded with tons of high peformance parts.
Just go somewhere and read all the features it has. It is loaded!
The original, old muscle cars were very cheaply made, junky things
with bad handling and lots of stamped sheet metal parts.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

I'm trying to figure out where the SRT isn't an SRT part of your arguement is coming from? The SRT team built it, tested it, and moved it from the drawing board to reality.[&:]
My thoughts exactly, plus it is equipped the same with the same powertrain as the other SRT-8s. So where is it not an SRT?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM

Default RE: THE HOOD!!!

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

READ IN HOT ROD MAG. "carbon fiber look" and the scoops aren't functional. Anyone have anything to say about that??
I guess the r/t makes more sense in the end.
Hood scoops are functional depending on your description of "functional", meaning they're not neccessarily functional in the task that most of us would consider functional.

With a real carbon fiber hood and real scoops the r/t really isn't far from the srt. I love this car but come on fellas what's up with that.
There is no "real" carbon fiber hood, or "real" scoops on the R/T or SRT so not sure anyone can speak to this and/or how it relates to the R/T SRT question. So... what's up with that... ahhh... not really sure... I guess???

Im r/t all the way no real reason to pay all the extra cash for an srt that isn't really an srt. Don't get me wrong i love the 6.1 but all the extra cash for a bunch of junk no way. All i want is the 6.1 not the sorry interior that goes with it. Peace...
Yeah... alrighty then... might want to take the advice of others in doing some research... might clear up a lot of confusion and answer some questions for ya.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:01 PM

If you knew the cost of carbon fiber, you would have guessed that it would NOT end up in production.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Kris,

there are a lot of us here that were a little disappointed with this or that, but at the end of the day you have to say WOW. If you appreciated the challenger of yesteryear, you have to appreciate the 08 design. Basically great lines with all the modern tecnology in every respect. Even with tha added weight it would give any 70's model a run for their money and beat most them with a far superior ride and handling.

And what do you mean calling my soon to be ride a bunch of junk. What are you driving praytell.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 PM

In "junk i meant my gig and the interrior." The car is fantastic looking. As in an SRT with carbon fiber "look is bogus" Plus hood scoop is not exactly top of the line bud.
I know the r/t won't have carbon fiber. What im saying is that if it was actually carbon fiber and the hood was top of the line minor things like cold air induction and a new exhaust would put the r/t right next to the SRT. That's what i meant sorry!!! Sorry about the slang too my bad.
AS TO CUDDA YOUR SILLY DUDE IF I JUST SAVE MY MONEY AND FORGET ABOUT AN SRT THEN I CAN AFFORD A SUPER-CHARGER FOR THAT PUPPY. WHICH IS WHAT IM THINKING OF DOING.
Im going to sit and wait for everyone to be silly over these things for a couple of years then. I'll get my R/T under msrp. And super-charge it. Now tell me how that is gonna cost more than an SRT???
No way!!! A super-charged R/T will take and SRT for less money man. It'll prolly take the 392 also. And thats what im talking about.

Quick Reply: THE HOOD!!!