Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   THE HOOD!!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/hood-2684/)

lear4406 03-02-2008 03:10 PM

RE: THE HOOD!!!

If the hood really did funtion, it would help very little. There is no carbs on these cars and the scoop would have to raise up to 6" minimum to get any ram effect. Look at the drag cars, theres a reason they put the hood scoop so high. The after market will supply you with the cold air induction and all the cams and exhaust you can dream of. Also the hoods, spoilers, ground effects and bling bling wheels out the wazoo. These are how we personalize the cars we drive. Or we would all look the same and run the same. I'm old school and like my cars to look stock. But they are not stock;) and that is so much fun when you get to see the look on brand Xs face as his supposed more powerful car gets owned.:) So I will accept whatever Dodge gives us and if you see me on the streets of Charlotte and think its stock boy will you get a jolt of reality;) And we will have a new 1/4 mile strip at the Charlotte Motor Speedway by the time the 2009s hit the street. In the mean time look for a stock looking white 70 R/T Challenger in the months following April. It should be on the road by then.:)

Jeremiah 29:11 03-02-2008 05:49 PM

lear4406, I can certainly understand where you are coming from. There is something to be said about keeping it stock.

For me, I will personalize my car by adding some external differences and underhood performance enhancements and as well in inside cosmetics.

As an example, I may change the look of my pistol shift grip for starters.

lear4406 03-02-2008 07:25 PM

I'm with you there Jeremiah, its the changes we make on our cars that make them our cars. :D So heres to all of you who have an idea of what you want and will make that happen as the months go by. I can't wait to see all the personal things you guys will do with your new Challengers and others of us will copy those things that we prefer. That is the nicest form of flatery;)

Jeremiah 29:11 03-02-2008 07:49 PM

I am looking forward to seeing all of the pictures of personalized Challengers. I am sure there will be some very interesting ones.

Chris 03-03-2008 05:54 AM

Me too. I know I would like a flat black hood like what used to be on the Cuda AAR's and Challenger T/A's. Were those fiberglass or something else?

Cuda340 03-03-2008 08:52 AM

They were fiberglass and had no hinges. Four hood pins were used instead. To work on the engine, you had to pull the pins and remove the entire hood.

MrKrisSullivan 03-03-2008 08:53 AM

honestly the "look" of the hood now is nice. But i'd rather have a shaker option.

DSkippy 03-03-2008 11:02 AM

Lucite! I know the engine's at the wrong end but a how's about a "Hemi Under Glass" 08!

Jeremiah 29:11 03-03-2008 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

honestly the "look" of the hood now is nice. But i'd rather have a shaker option.
I do not think the shaker hood will be as cool as you remember it because the engines are so smooth, they don't shake any more like they used to.

They do have the look however. Just my thoughts.

MrKrisSullivan 03-03-2008 03:13 PM

Yeah i guess your right. But when i start my ram up in the morning i can feel the whole truck moving back a forth just a little. As you see the rpm tach go up and down about 100 rpm's.