Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

THE HOOD!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE HOOD!!!

I don't get the whole purpose of this thread.

If you don't want an srt buy an r/t. If you can't afford to have either one, and still want a fast car, you may want to look at another car. The GTO like you stated earlier is a great performance car, and can be purchased for relatively cheap price used. I for one want a performance car, but it doesn't have to be the fastest on the road. That is the main reason why I want the R/T model, I already have a car that I can drag race on weekends.

Also what does it matter what everyone drives?? Most of us will be getting the Challenger, or we plan on it in the near future because we love the way it looks.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:57 AM

Yeah im sure it will be a limited run. I don't see it being to hard to find one used though in couple of years. The real purpose of this thread was to discuss the hood.
As to what someone else said earlier about a shaker option that would be really nice. My point is Dodge is really just selling this car for looks. The car is expensive and it should have a real carbon fiber hood and a fully functional hood scoops. thats my point. If your gulible enough to believe dodge was thinking about performance first look at yourself in the mirror real hard. this car coming out should be the R/T Model. And cheaper at that. Sorry like i said earlier i love this car and it's looks and it does have a great deal of potential. But dodge should of re-done the 6.1 like they did with the 5.7 to optimize performance. the mustang already stole the show. The Camaro is soon to be out. I definatly like this car more though. But with all that being said it's gonna be easy to find one used in two years maybe.
It's a great great looking car. But numbers don't lie.
I understand jbd840 you've got to understand that a LS2 GTO we'll take a SRT and be cheaper at the pump. That was my point. I just think for all the money something is missing, my bad i guess.
So all the richboys can buy and SRT good for you.
But i might end up next to you in a GTO unless this frenzy calms down. Cause its not WORTH IT. Peace... P.S. who wants stickers on there car????
Old 03-01-2008, 07:11 AM

The only down side IMO about the LSX cars, is that everyone has one, same as the mustang. The cost of the challenger will be determined by the number you see on the roads. I really don't want to have a car that everyone else has. This is why I think it is worth the extra money. With that being said, that's why there's alot more aftermarket parts for both ford and chevy. If mopar's aftermarket was as big as per say the LSX motors, then you would have 5.7l's making 500-600hp without Forched Induction.

I'm very understanding what LS motors can do. My brother has an LS1 that makes 550 engine hp, and is still able to get 25 or so mph on the highway. It will smoke my challenger, just don't let him read this, cause I will never admit it to him. Hopefully once the 6 speeds come out, we will be able to see about the same as well.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:35 AM

jb,

I agree, we love this car for its lines/looks. There are a lot of new cars that look very nice but, the old ebody look of the challenger and cuda will always have a special place in our (most of us) heart. the old school look with new school ride and technology. It doesn't get any better. There are faster of course, there always will be. Just put your hands on the wheel ,strap in, shut up and listen to her hummmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 AM

imo i think the 2009 6speed stick srt8 challenger can beat an old goat. but man the lx cars are starting to get the mods that they want. their is finally 392 and 426 stroker kits for the srt8 and 5.7 l.... that means you can boost your horsepower to 500+ rwhp and 550+ tq without using forced induction. and the funny part is the 426 stroker gets better gas mialage than the stock srt8. its getting 17 city and 25-28 highway.... and its a 7l conversion engine.

these cars are amazing, im buying this car because dodge did what everyone wanted, make sure this car looked like no other and second balance it out with reasonably fast numbers for a 2 ton car, which if you dont think this car isnt fast go buy a ricer that can be modded to beat any muscle or luxury car out there. this car is so worth the 40k im paying for it.

ps: im not a rich boy
Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

First of all, thank you for cleaning up the language, now on to the topic. I understand wanting the 6.1L to have the upgrades that the 5.7L will have as I have said that one myself, the problem deals with the time line That version is not being sold just yet and as a result the Challenger is just being released this year so it might take a year or two before we get an upgraded engine from a company that is having a cash flow issue currently. I think we will get something nice before long though. The complaint about the interior is something that you have to put into perspective, it is nicer than the originals by a long shot. Muscle cars are about the exterior appearance and what's underneath the hood a lot more than the interior appearance. I'm not sure what you are unsatisfied with the myGIG system as it sounds like its going to be nice and if you don't like it you can always get an aftermarket system like many people do.

I'm not satisfied with the non-functional scoops either, but I'm sure there will be aftermarket support for something like that as well as possibly a CF hood if that is what you really want. I could see a justification for ram-air set up for the pricing as it didn't look that difficult, but the CF hood might be a different story.

Try not to get upset when others ask you questions. When you have the role of being a critic, expect others to be critical in response.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM

Hey thanks RLSH. I understand man.
The Whold hood thing really did take me back a step when i read the artcile though.
When i first heard about the car i was all over the dodge blog. But then when the pricing came out i felt a little cheated, but could understand cause of the uniquenes.
BUT PUT TOGETHER THE INTERIOR CHANGING FROM THE CONCEPT (NOT EVEN CLOSE AND YA'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN) AND THE WHOLE HOOD STORY JUST PLAIN TICKS ME OFF.
AND LIKE I SAID EARLIER IM NOT OUT TO REALLY GET AN SRT IM JUST OUT TO BEAT IT.
So i got curious and started really hunting autotrader for choice cars with choice options paired with road and track's stock 0-60 times on just about anything under the hood of a car.
Got me more ticked off.
Please don't get me wrong fellas im a die hard dodge mopar fan.
But this time around i want to see more from the company that seems to be holding out. I say that with confidence MOPAR IS THE BEST so i expect it. that's all. If there not gonna come through i'll stab myself in the heart and end up with a GOAT. Just 'cause this next one has to be fast. Truthfully if the GOAT couldn't out run a C5 i'd be on a vert in a heart-beat. But the GTO is faster and a lot more practical. If you compare the interior on both cars I'd be leaning towards the GTO. If they would of given us more of the concept interior i wouldn't sound so pesimistic plus the darn thing should come with my gig for free when you get the SRT that shows you care about the customer. We know they pulled a number on us with the interior. My gig should be stock SRT equipment. Hood has to change very soon too. No reason you should have to drop several hundred dollars aftermarket cause dodge was to lazy to do what they do best. Peace...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

But this time around i want to see more from the company that seems to be holding out.
Yes and I want to see if anything happens in 2009.5. I would not get a recent GTO......not appealing at all to me.

They would really need to work on not looking kinda like another ricer.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 PM

true to a point but if ya'll are actually talking about replacing fake carbon fiber hoods and scoops same can be done to the GTO plus an LS2 is nothing like a ricer. shame on you. Ha! It's still a good sized car man. Just simple clean lines what's so hard to respect about that? Im really starting to fall for the dang thing the more i talk about it ha!. I guess march 21st will be the D-day for me. Ricer! cha you know what? na, ah. Plus interior is better than the challenger. they've got to bring back the concept interior some way shape or form.
I know challenger screams muscle and i love that. but im confindent enough with my masculinity to by the best choice for the moola. Peace...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Plus interior is better than the challenger
For me I buy the car for the exterior and not interior looks and the GTO just does not do it for me. But that is just me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: THE HOOD!!!