Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

How can dealers "legally" sell on eBay?

Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can dealers "legally" sell on eBay?

I have been informed by many sources, this forum being one, that dealers had to have a firm order with a customer name attached or the 2008 Challenger would not be shipped to them. How can they be openly selling on eBay without factory repercussions? I understand a couple of customers changing their minds, but this many....no way.

Just a thought,

Dave
Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 AM

Default RE: How can dealers "legally" sell on eBay?

+1...my thoughts exactly.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM

Undoubtedly, a number of Challengers were "ordered" by such sterling individuals as Bea Toff, Jack Hoff, Seymour Butts, Wan Wing Lo (from an old Army Air Corps joke my late father told me: What do you call a Chinese landing), etc, etc, etc. More than likely, these solid citizens "canceled" their order for one reason or another and now the poor dealership has to cover its losses somehow. Boo-hooo.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:43 AM

Sorry. Forgot Woody Wannamaker and Ben Dover.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:11 AM

SCUMBAGS! It was their intention all along, make as much as you can.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 AM

well..if you want to play in this rarefied air...expect to pay the price...its that simple..of course dealers are going to maximize profit on the challenger as much as possible...the good news is the 09's are soon to follow and i expect quite a few V6's will be on the lot very soon which should be more reasonably priced for those that do not care about a dash plaque...
Old 06-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Most Hondas, Toyotas and Ford Ranger pickups have a V6. If all you want is a make believe muscle car...I suggest you go to Kinkos, have them blow up a picture of the Challenger and paste it on your mothers Camry.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:46 PM

Dave, I was initially under the same impression that orders had to have a name attached, but it's simply not true, I know it for a fact.

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

I have been informed by many sources, this forum being one, that dealers had to have a firm order with a customer name attached or the 2008 Challenger would not be shipped to them. How can they be openly selling on eBay without factory repercussions? I understand a couple of customers changing their minds, but this many....no way.

Just a thought,

Dave
Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 PM

With all of the cars at dealers without names attached, I have to totaly agree!

Another thought.......if most, probably all, dealers placed their orders for (or were allocated) their Challengers in early December, then it really does not matter when any of us "ordered" our cars. They are simply being randomly shipped to dealers without regarding if they are a pre-sold order or not. Someone could have "ordered" their car last week and receive it before someone else who "ordered" theirs on December 3rd.

There are already people driving a new Challenger who did not "order" one at all. I for one am going to call the customer service number (1-800-992-1997) and suggest that, in the future, Dodge (Chrysler) should honor pre-sold cars first and then ship the left overs to the greedy dealers.

Dave
Old 06-08-2008, 10:25 PM

Dude, a word of advice, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Quick Reply: How can dealers "legally" sell on eBay?