Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

How To Get More True HP for 5.7 Ltr

Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Get More True HP for 5.7 Ltr

A challenge for any true motor or gear heads on this site. Can anyone tell me what mods a person can BOLT on to a 5.7 Ltr R/T Challenger to bring the motor to a true 400 HP or more with out going inside the motor?
Thanks for any and all Ideas, thoughts, and suggestions, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 AM

Default RE: How To Get More True HP for 5.7 Ltr

Fatcat, since you are only talking about roughly 30 - 40+ horsepower, a good set of headers, a good exhaust system and the CAI would probably put you in the ballpark. Of course adding the throttle body and the tuner you for sure would go over 400 hp with ease.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 AM

THREE INITIALS N2O [sm=nxsmile.gif]

Seriously, a good programmer, get air in and out effiecently and you'll be knocking on the door in no time
Old 09-12-2008, 01:23 PM

get those heads re-worked!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Guessing from Andre"s dyno... Zoomers and CAI should get you pretty much there.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM

What say ye Andre ? What does the Mopar Muscle Car builder, tuner, mod man, and Dyno addict think will get my 5.7 Ltr R/T to 400 or a little more HP by just bolting on a few after market goodies? C-mon , out with the advice !! LOL. Oh and for djb0308 no NOX cause I don't want to blow a piston out, and for Urlosingbd , I know the heads bolt on but I don't want to tear into the engine or take the heads off to bolt them back on. Just true bolt ons is what I'd like to try. Right now I'm agreeing with mopar2ya and brucer41 and add to that a larger throttle body which I believe are available now and that just might make it. What do you think guys?

OK NOW , No hurry on your answers because I'm sure it will be at least a month or 2 till my R/T really gets here but I do want to be ready for it. First stop as I'm in New Jersey just minutes away from SLP engineering for the exhaust and if they can't do it then off to Zoomers will I send my check. Thats just the first step and then on to the other things you guys suggest and in what order?? ANDRE WHERE ARE YOU ????

Thanks everyone , Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Guessing from Andre"s dyno... Zoomers and CAI should get you pretty much there.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM

I have learned much from my customers as far as mods on the 5.7. It's in the trucks, and I have converters in 8 out of 10 of the fastest Hemi trucks in the world. We are able to see mid 1.5s for 60 foot times... Thats a quad 4x4.
Best mods for the buck without touching the engine:

CAI+Tune, and exhaust. I think you will see gains on any higher flow system, but I got zoomers for the sound, and lack of drone.
Oh, and the Converter if its an automatic.

The Diablo tune is great, but a custom tune got me 11 more HP. You still need the tuner, but Dyno Steve from RDP Motorsport Australia will be down to visit in 30 days and I bet if we get enough Challengers together we can get a great deal on his time. He will be in Ca, FL, DE and OH in the month he is down. He will spend his most time in DE at his USA division. Steve has the fastest 300c in the World, and has worked on most the top 20. Like Ron at Zoomers, he is real people. I can get a deal on dyno time in a few spots through out the US.
You manual guys will see more to the tires on the dyno, but we Auotmatics have one thing you wont. STR (torque multiplication) at launch. You release the clutch and your 1-1 when it fully couples. The automatic can be set as high as 2.45-1 before you start to drop in MPH on the 1/4. I like a stick, but autos are the future in racing...

I did the valve body in my transmission, and documented everything. I was able to back down on the tune some after some changes I learned for an old German racer.

I like the R/T rim size! Ever try to get a sticky set of tires in a 20"? Not a lot of choices. But 17 & 18" have many.

Most who mod the 5.7 for real gains also swap the cam (6.1) and do head work

Lets see if this will even post
Old 09-12-2008, 08:36 PM

WOW.... Cooking with heat!

Some great places for 5.7 mods are Moe's Performance, and Sharadon Performance. For great motor work, Stew at Inertia Motorsports. All 3 are mainly Hemi shops.

If we get in touch with Bob at Moe's he can get the Diablo tuners for great pricing. Diablo wont allow them to sell for less then a certain amount, but free shipping, and, or a gift is Bobs style.

Guys (and Gals), The best thing I can do for you is pricing. I deal with 100's of shops around the world. You will want your car custom configured by you! Some mods are generic, and great for all... Others are for the guys who want all they can get, even others fall in between. It's not cheap to go fast, but the first 50hp will feel like a gift compared to the next 50.
Only one thing beats cubic inches... Thats cubic dollars!