Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes I would like to see these cars back in NASCAR
76.92%
No I wouldn't, I like the COT
23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

How many would like to see the Challenger in NASCAR?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many would like to see the Challenger in NASCAR?

Can I get a "really do not care" button? No offense to all of you who love watching these guys do left hand turns all day...just not my cup of tea.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

I agree, If they actually used the stock engines for the "stock cars" it would be more exiting.The HEMI would rule the tracks again and I doubt the 5.7L Impala SS, 6 cyl Fusion, and whatever Toyota has Would stand up against the 6.1L (maybe 6.5L) challenger/charger.I would watch NASCAR a lot more also.
A coupe problems with this argument. #1. The W-body Impala SS uses a 5.3L V8, the 5.7L displacement size has been retired by GM. 2. If they would going to follow any current rules, the only engine they could run would be the 5.7L Hemi because they are not allowed to offer anything larger than a 5.9L/358 cubic inch engine. They all are using engines of this specific displacement. A 6.1L let alone a 6.5L would be illegal under current rules, but if they would actually make more logical rules such as no larger displacement than what you sell in the actual cars, no performance enhancing mods beyond what you sell in production versions, no forced air-induction, only use the transmissions you sell the cars with, etc. then it would work.

I'd like to see a version of NASCAR with the pony cars. If I had to choose between what they are doing now and using the pony cars, I would vote for the Pony cars. The problem is that they never used the pony cars in the past, but on the other hand the old standards also required full-sized cars and I'm sorry but the Fusion, Avenger, and Camry are no where near the old standards of Full-sized let alone the current standards (but neither would the Impala or Charger to the old standards either). I'd like to see them run the cars they advertise as well as I have said in other posts.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-22-2008, 01:48 PM

NO! They'd just screw with the bodies until you couldn't tell one from the other like they have now. The SCCA needs to start a new series with just American production cars and engines like the old Trans-Am. Hell I'd even let the foreign brands compete as long as the cars are made in America and have a V/8 PRODUCTION engine that is available for THAT body. NASCAR has enough series, they don't need another one.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, sort of. Bring back Trans-Am and race unmodified bodies (roll cages and safety re-inforcement excepted of course) in NW series. Have two TA classes Stock and Modified, and those who can compete (in stock) will, those who can't (may try their luck at modified). And, again, have open as well as displacement classed runs.

Awsure, it takes a few seasons, and if you don't get a driver to root for it's like watching any other sporting event that you don't have a horse in, just boring for the most part.

Took me three attempts to get over the "yeah, I get it, make a left, go straight, make a left go straight". There is entertainment value in it, you just have to have a driver. Kahne's off to a better start this year and dodge taking 6 of the 8 tops spots hearkens back to the good old days when mopar ruled the oval as well as the 1/4 and 1/8.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:13 AM

Sorry bro...nothing gets me pumped like college basketball. Bring on MARCH MADNESS baby!!!

As far as racing goes...well. Just not my thing. I am probably gonna get blasted here but I have friends in Daytona (actually the wife works for the France family in the Speed TV side of the biz) & went to the 500. I got bored...

[8D]
Old 02-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

If a Challenger is racing, I may just pick up watching race cars again.

Go Challenger!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 PM

not gonna happen man
Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 AM

the race that never ended man let see if they can get it finished finally in about 3 hours
Old 02-25-2008, 10:31 AM

i would love to see nascrap run the challenger...and mustang and camaro...nascrap needs some significant changes...i use to be a former fan..i just cannot stomach what it has become today.reminds me of open wheel stuff 15 years ago which was completely out of control....
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 AM

Bring back Shirley Muldowney and Don Garlits and let them race the Challenger on a drag strip while KC & The Sunshine Band play "That's the Way I Like It."

Quick Reply: How many would like to see the Challenger in NASCAR?