Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

How much over invoice have people been paying?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much over invoice have people been paying?

ORIGINAL: bulldog03ss

I would never pay over MSRP for a American Car for the simple fact when you go to trade it in you take a big loss cause of resale value.Just my Opinion to each his own
But I am sure you pay top dollar for a LEXUS or Mercedes because of their high quality and great resale value,
I am proud to be American and I would never buy a Kraut Can or a soooped up Toyota.
As for Luxury, real men drive a Caddy or Lincoln or a SRT8 CHALLENGER.

P.S. You cant get one can you? HA HA
[sm=patriot.gif]
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 PM

oh sorry i have a 06 lex gs 430
Old 08-27-2008, 02:28 AM

Tell me RUBBERBNDMAN, how is driving a car made in CANADA (which, last time I checked, is a foreign country) any different than driving a car made in Germany or Japan?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:02 AM

Hmmm always with the details? It is tough to declare always buying American in todays world but in reality it is difficult. I have bought 4 Chevrolets and a Dodge in the last 15 years, all new. A Monte Carlo-built in Canada, A Durango-built in Canada, a Chev truck-built in Canada, another Chev truck-built in Guatamala and now my HHR-built in Canada. All "American" cars and trucks but not a one built here. Now, I do say I buy American but to me, it is the fact of giving business and my money to an American company. My money helps keep Americans employed, keeps American moeny here in our economy (except that paid to international folks for wages, parts, etc.). So, yes I buy American but, really, is it?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:10 AM

Ya, the fact is you dont buy "American" anymore. My last Dodge was built out of the country and my last 2 toyotas were built here in the USA in Kentucky I believe. Unless you buy based on where the car itself is built then its a crap shoot. These days a lot of foreign car companys employ americans here in this country.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Yankee
Tell me RUBBERBNDMAN, how is driving a car made in CANADA (which, last time I checked, is a foreign country) any different than driving a car made in Germany or Japan?
I know the question was not directed at me but it is a subject I’m most interested in. First we must recognize that the global market place has changed what we call the domestic and foreign auto industry. Simple answer to the question: NAFTA. Agree or not on the merits our nation entered NAFTA with our direct neighbors. Our country and Canada have for a long time enjoyed a great relationship and a better Mexican economy is better suited to keeping it citizens from looking to enter the states illegally. What do I consider an American car? In order of priority

1. Built in America, designed in America, company headquarters in America.
2. Built in NAFTA countries, designed in America, headquarters in America.
3. Built in America, designed in a foreign country, headquarters in America.
4. Built in America, designed in a foreign country, headquarters in foreign country.
5. Built in a foreign country, designed in America, headquarters in America

Anything else I consider a foreign car and really I’m only interested in spending my money on the top two.

Paying over MSRP for any car not likely to be an almost slam dunk rare collectable is silly to me. Although I plan on owning my Challenger 20 to life.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself! Although I think 4 and 5 should be reversed. My biggest thing is where the headquarters is because that is where 95% of the money is going.

To the guy with the lexus, if you like driving high priced Toyota good for you. Please go bother the guys on the Lexus forum and you can all talk about how great it is owning rebadged high priced Toyotas.

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

ORIGINAL: Yankee
I know the question was not directed at me but it is a subject I’m most interested in. First we must recognize that the global market place has changed what we call the domestic and foreign auto industry. Simple answer to the question: NAFTA. Agree or not on the merits our nation entered NAFTA with our direct neighbors. Our country and Canada have for a long time enjoyed a great relationship and a better Mexican economy is better suited to keeping it citizens from looking to enter the states illegally. What do I consider an American car? In order of priority

1. Built in America, designed in America, company headquarters in America.
2. Built in NAFTA countries, designed in America, headquarters in America.
3. Built in America, designed in a foreign country, headquarters in America.
4. Built in America, designed in a foreign country, headquarters in foreign country.

Anything else I consider a foreign car and really I’m only interested in spending my money on the top two.

Paying over MSRP for any car not likely to be an almost slam dunk rare collectable is silly to me. Although I plan on owning my Challenger 20 to life.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: 66Cuda

Couldn't have said it better myself! Although I think 4 and 5 should be reversed. My biggest thing is where the headquarters is because that is where 95% of the money is going.

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

A friend bought a Hyundai built in our home state of Alabama last spring for $20,000. I guess that was American per number 4 on the list. Do you really think $19,000 of his money went to Korea? I had no idea Alabama autoworkers worked so cheaply!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM

I know it is made in Canada by normal people that have freedom.
I know the motors are made in Mexico and tranny in Germany.
I know it does say Dodge on it.
I know it is way cool because I have one.
I know when someone comes to the forums all pissed off cause they want one and cant get one.
I know some people are not happy unless they try to piss people off.
I could go on cause I know a lot.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 AM

LIFE IS SHORT..DONT BE A DICK!

Quick Reply: How much over invoice have people been paying?