Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I HATE DODGE DEALERS

Old 12-03-2007, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I HATE DODGE DEALERS

All I want to say is that anybody out there who didn't think there would be excessive dealer gouging ESPECIALLY on a limited-edition, all new Challenger has $hit for brains! End of story.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Money Hit for brains? I don't get it?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:04 AM

As much as i would love a challanger I am starting to lean toward a Mustang GT all because of greedy dealerships. [>:] I went threw it with my 04 GTO NEVER AGAIN I learned my leason the hard way.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:49 AM

My recommendation is to just be patient. I have seen this done over and over again by various brand dealers at new model launch, most recently when the SRT-10 Rams were introduced back in 2004. Just let all the hype settle down a little bit and the price will drop down to normal. Personally, I think the price drop will come quickly because for 2008 it is going to be a crowded marketplace for performance cars with release of other new models such as the new Mitsubishi Evo X, the Nissan GTR as well as the near future release of the Camaro and ZR-1 Corvette.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:58 AM

I got "bent over" for lack of a better term when I bought my `05 GT in `05. In fact, not only did I get bent over, I drove all the way from Boston to Dayton, OH for the treatment! Why did I drive all the way out there, you ask? Because as soon as I saw the newly designed Mustang I began to dream about it (literally!)...stuff like - what it would it be like to own one myself; how much fun would I have cruising around, etc. Now the only problem was the GTs weren't lasting more then 2-3 days tops on the dealer lots (at least in The People's Republic of Massachusetts...I can't speak to other markets within the country). Also, I was admittedly, being very picky about the exterior color, specific options that were must-haves, a 5 spd manual and of course the all important rims. I searched low and high for 10+ months until I finally found her on Yahoo Autos sitting on a lot in Ohio of all places. Nothing against Ohio of course, but that's one helluva long way to go for a freakin Mustang! Nevertheless...we got the deal done over the phone and I fully realized I was forfeiting any and all leverage entering this negotiation...point being they had me by the short & curlys and they knew it! Truth be told - I paid MSRP and not a dollar more. I guess there's a first for everything....

What I just described a moment ago like deaming about the car, picturing my first road trip, my first smoke show, etc., completely applies to the new Challenger. It's like deja vu all over again. Despite my intention to hold out for the 2009s, I have a strange feeling that as soon as I see that glowing orange beauty out there on the battlefield, I know my patience will finally wear out.

PS: On a bit of a side note - I went to the New England Auto Show last Friday in Boston and the Challenger was by far the prettiest girl at the dance! She also received the the most ooooohs and aaaaahs, the largest crowd, the most pictures...you name it. I purposely stood there on the sidelines for about 30 minutes just to witness other people's reaction. This included fellow enthusiasts like ourselves to the drop jawed teenager dragging Dad by the wrist to show him the new Challenger all the way to the prototypical Soccer Mom and it was really something else, to say the least. I didn't hear a single, negative comment the entire time I was there. Unless you want to consider "I wonder what kind of mileage it's gonna get" as negative. I can only imagine the reaction the driver/owner will get in "real life".
Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Rich Knapp, all I can see is be patient and you will get what you want in the end.

Albeeno, you are right. There is nothing like seeing this beast in person and that the pictures on the web just do not do the Hemi Orange color
and that body shape justice.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 AM

Thanks guys for putting me back in perspective. I will wait it out. I look back to my 04 gto and remember the pride I had. I had one of the only Cosmos purple in WI. and mine was the only 6 speed. Then when I got done with my retro look mods I even had a very wealthy dealership owner drewling over it. So ya I will wait. Again thanks guys for screwing my head back on.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found from talking to a lot of Charger R/T and SRT owners that you should be willing to travel to get the best deal.

When the 2009 models come out, I will check out my local Dodge dealers in the Philadelphia/southern New Jersey/Delaware area. If they are unreasonably high (expected), I will contact dealers out-of-state up to 500 miles away who sell large numbers of SRTs for the best price.

I checked with the SRT engineers during one of the chat sessions and they advised me that there would be no problem driving a new 6.1 SRT a great distance, as long as you stay away from wide open throttle.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:18 AM

no holding it to the floor well now were is the fun in that [8D] I may have to do that because they sell a lot of SRT's here but also lots of deep pockets also so may have to travel.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

If you're hailing from Jersey, consider purchasing from VA dealer. I have purchased two vehicles from VA and there's some sort of glitch where NJ DMV after trying to correct them multiple times, they insist Sales Tax is paid. Yeah. Car sans sales tax. Maybe they figured this out by now, but I've done it twice even asked "Are you sure I owe not sales tax?", Yep showed you paid already.

I'll give it a third shot. I used to sell Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth. Bought my Sienna from the same dealership I used to work at. So I will give them first shot in 09. It's going to be an exciting 08 waiting for these suckers!

Quick Reply: I HATE DODGE DEALERS