Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I HATE DODGE DEALERS

Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I HATE DODGE DEALERS

I'm out in Tucson AZ. I know a guy that is a auto broker I have to talk to him and see what he could pull.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Hell as far as getting a bargain. I'd drive out to the left coast if it were a serious deal. That would be half of the excitement. I will certainly drive 1000 miles to get it (or fly one way and drive that puppy back), nice little ergonomics stress test.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 PM

This will soon enough be a mass produced car. They'll simply make fewer Chargers and make more Challengers. A little patience will save you a lot of $$$. Problem is when a bunch of uber-rich dudes pay way over MSRP and dealers soon expect it. If people could show a little restraint, we'd all be able to get one at a reasonable price. Doubt that will happen. Real question is which color to buy. Orange is the most popular. I'm guessing Black then Silver. Silver will be the "rare" one. One with no options even rarer.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:16 PM

Honestly, I wish the OEM manufacturers would do something to stem this type of price gouging to the public. Ultimately, it puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth about Dodge as a brand. Also, what is an extra 10-20K to a dealership in the overall scheme of things? just a drop in the bucket.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hemicuda

Honestly, I wish the OEM manufacturers would do something to stem this type of price gouging to the public. Ultimately, it puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth about Dodge as a brand. Also, what is an extra 10-20K to a dealership in the overall scheme of things? just a drop in the bucket.
They are seperately owned and have very little control. Right now, the relationship between the two is quite tense after how Daimler was treating the dealerships. There are advantages and disadvantages of them being separately owned, but unfortunately that's life for you. "Price gouging" happens pretty much at every dealership, with a possible exception for Saturn as they were built on the no hassel idea. The only thing they can do is to produce more of them. Just wait a while and the demand will go down and the supply will go up just like it does with everything else.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM

[:@]I to am getting to hate Dodge Dealers but even more DCM, Chrysler or the new company that took over , just read my other post and you'll see why. I hope someone from DCM or Cerabus is monitoring these web sites, read on.......
To all members who are Dodge salesmen , or work for Dodge , or claim to have some insider connection or anybody that cares to comment . To the moderators please put this to the right subject so I don't step on anyones toes, OK. Now let me cry on all your shoulders a bit as I have been patiently waiting , as we all have , and saving my money for 2 years now, Started off saving for a Dodge Charger but when I saw the first Challenger Concept pics , WOW. Now I'm a semi retired guy and this will probably be my last muscle car and my first NEW muscle car to say the least. Now I have the money to put down and enough saved to pay for this Challenger MSRP so I go to 5 different Dodge dealers in the New Jersey, Penna. area with cash in hand and the letter telling us to go to your local Dodge dealer to put your order in for your new Challenger SRT-8 . What do all thses 5 dealers tell me?....well they all said in one way or another that they have no news to order, no order forms, no authorization, no price lists, and most of all they do not know if they will get an "ALLOCATION " to order 1 or 5 or 10 at all. Now I'd like to know .....IF ANYONE KNOWS .....what the he#% is going on with DCM, Dodge, Chrysler or the new company that took them over??? After saving and waiting along with the rest of you I'm really MAD, SAD, PI3%ed off, disgusted at this company. What in Gods earth is going on , are they selling these cars, are they taking orders, or what???? NONE of the 5 dealers would take a deposit, fill out any kind of order or even promise I'd be on a list....said they were afraid of not being able to deliver on a promise....HAHA HA HA what a joke this whole mess is becoming!!! If anyone would care to answer or reply E-mail me at gs_80_86@yahoo.com or post on here. I'm in ok health now but at my age who knows what happend by the time I can order my new Chalenger??...LOL Anyway thanks to all for lettin me get this off my chest, A LOYAL MOPAR MAN from 1957 till now, FATCAT [:@]
Old 12-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Did you contact more than the 5 dealers? I called 14 dealers before i found one wanting to take a order. Most of the dealers (and i think you ran up against this) wanted to get the cars in there showrooms and auction to the highest bidder. These dealers would not take an order from me even if it was above msrp. The salesmen were kept dumb so in every case i had to talk to the GM