Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

For Those Who HATE the Block Challenger Lettering...

Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Those Who HATE the Block Challenger Lettering...

....I think I may have found something that will make the "purists" happy.
I found a site/company that has "traditional" emblems and badging for resto-muscle cars. They have a very nice "script" Charger emblem for use on the new Chargers.
I can foresee taking the adhesive-mounted CHALLENGER block lettering off of the new Challenger and replacing it with script.
If they have it for the Charger (at only $33.00), I'm SURE they'll offer one for the Challenger!

Hope this helps a few folks who've stressed over this;
http://ptboutique.com/items/dodge-ch...ems-detail.htm
Old 02-03-2008, 05:47 PM

Default RE: For Those Who HATE the Block Challenger Lettering...

Hmm. . . I don't mind the block lettering but that might be tempting. I plan on getting custom seats with the cursive challenger logo embroidered on them.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

I will certainly consider it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:04 PM

I for one love the scripted text font. We'll see what is available as we move the the year and Challenger mods come out.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:29 PM

There are plenty of Mopar restoration parts dealers with glue on script trim. Legendary, Paddock and several others.

I am inclined to add a gold pentastar to the rt side front fender apron between wheel well and door.
Remember them?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 AM

Interesting..
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 AM

I have already stated that they should have the penta star on the passenger side fender add to the retro look
Old 02-04-2008, 05:45 AM

Peculiar thing, not sure how many know this but Chrysler bought Sunbeam (no... not the small appliance maker) who made the Alpines and Tigers back in the 60's. Not sure which model years exactly, but there was a stretch where they were putting the pentastar on the quarter panel as they did with other Chrysler products. The Tiger was fitted with a 260 Ford V-8 ala Carroll Shelby and then later bumped to the 289 prior to the purchase by the Chrysler group. After Chrysler purchased the line they discontinued the Tiger because they were unable to fit a Mopar engine without extensive and expensive rework. The Mopar engines were wider and had the distributor positioned in such a way that is was impractical to mod. Chrysler opted to discontinue the whole line. It obviously wouldn't make sense for Chrysler to continue production of a car using a Ford motor. Apparently the Brit's weren't too fond of the Chrysler buyout. I was talking to an old Brit one day about the Tigers with the pentaster logo and he told me they actually nicknamed the pentastar as the "puckered arse" in British circles. [:@]

That conversation with the old Brit sticks with me to this day... wrong as it may be. [:'(]
Old 02-04-2008, 07:07 AM

I like the scripted letters that are on the old ones, but i'm not going to mess my new one up by changing them. It's very tepmting though, but it's to risky. I would like it alot better if it came from the factory with scripted letters.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM

DK makes an excellent point. I am fortunate that I like the masculine look of the block letters.

Some members on the Thunderbird forum have added "bling" to their Tbirds, extra Thunderbird logo wings, bigger or older V8 emblems, and stainless and chrome "mods". I like those folks, but never saw a mod that looked like it "belonged"
Steve

Quick Reply: For Those Who HATE the Block Challenger Lettering...