Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

just backed out of my 08 am I crazy

Old 02-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just backed out of my 08 am I crazy

I just canceled my order for a Silver 08 and decided to wait for an 09. The dealer gave me back my $5K over MSRP deposit. It was a tough decision but I think the 09 will be sold at MSRP and have more options and a manual transmission. My loss someone is else's gain. I'm looking for a driver and not a trailer queen and I had second thoughts about the premium for the numbered dash plate.

Was this a stupid move?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Default RE: just backed out of my 08 am I crazy

Stupid? No. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

I do think it was silly however to post it three times...
Old 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM

It's a lot of money so get what's going to do it for you. Want a manual... get a manual. Want different options... explore your options. Want to price shop... price shop. Honestly though, I personally think it is going to be a while before the heat dies down once word gets out to joe consumer that the Challenger is out there. Just speculation though, only time will tell. Cheers.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:41 PM

Frankly, I think it's a smart move. I never have figured out why anyone would willingly pay anything over MSRP in the first place.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:43 PM

All depends on your patience level. I did the same thing and i had an 08 at msrp. Just didnt feel right to me so i cancelled. I just bought a car a year ago so i have some patience for hopefully the 2009.75 convertible.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Roadrunner

I just canceled my order for a Silver 08 and decided to wait for an 09. The dealer gave me back my $5K over MSRP deposit. It was a tough decision but I think the 09 will be sold at MSRP and have more options and a manual transmission. My loss someone is else's gain. I'm looking for a driver and not a trailer queen and I had second thoughts about the premium for the numbered dash plate.

Was this a stupid move?
Good move! Best to wait for the manual. I think the SRTs in the video (the black one swinging around) were manuals. [sm=gears.gif]
Old 02-09-2008, 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Frankly, I think it's a smart move. I never have figured out why anyone would willingly pay anything over MSRP in the first place.
Quite frankly, I was prepared to pay more than MSRP if needed, but shopping around paid off with a dealer willing to sell at MSRP... not a penny less, not a penny more. And yes, I did get it in writing. Price being a product of supply and demand, I was however prepared to pay more if I had to. Just depends on how bad you NEED it I guess.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:53 PM

I wonder when prices will hit MSPR. October, November? It's going to be tough seeing the 08s driving around in the summer, but just remember they all have automatics!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:58 PM

The only advantage to the 08 is the limited edition dash plaque.

Advantages of manual transmission and who knows what else in 09 (potentially at MSRP) may make the choice a good one.

Best of luck.

Eric
Old 02-09-2008, 06:01 PM

I'd wait if I had to pay anything over MSRP, but that's me. If you were paying 5K over MSRP you did the right thing, unless you have money to burn.

Quick Reply: just backed out of my 08 am I crazy