Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

just backed out of my 08 am I crazy

Old 02-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just backed out of my 08 am I crazy

No, you did what you felt was right for your situation. If I had oodles of money and nothing to spend it on then I would have gotten a 2008 as well. But, we heard you the first time... you didn't have to post this 3 times my man!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

The only advantage to the 08 is the limited edition dash plaque.

Send me just $20,000 and I will personally come to your house, apply a piece of masking tape to your dashboard and write No. 007 -- or any other number you wish -- on it. I guarantee you'll have the ULTIMATE limited edition dash plaque.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:50 AM

I'm not planning on paying anything more than MSRP to compromise my desires.

I want manual - the plaque is a nice to have, but come on $20k for # on masking tape, I would at least want race tape.

Eric
Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 AM

Your not crazy, you want what you want within reason. If the '09 appeals to you better then wait. Nothing worse than saying could've, should've, would've.
I'm personally waiting untill all the models come out (SRT & R/T) and then make a descision. I'm leaning at an R/T as it will be more of a sleeper than the SRT and i would spend the difference personalizing it (wheels, exhaust) but i find as i get older time is at a premium so getting an SRT that has most of the goodies already is a justification also. I find as i get older i also tend to be undecisive like a "chick".
Old 02-10-2008, 06:44 AM

I think you made the right choice, like said earlier it's alot of money, so you better be ok with your choice in the end. If you didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling in your gut after you placed the order, than maybe you shouldn't of ordered. Besides I don't think there will be huge problems keeping up with production, this car is not a mid priced car that anyone can afford, you might see one in your neighborhood, but I wouldn't count on it, unless it's yours. 40K is alot of coin for a car.

Z
Old 02-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Agreed. You're not crazy. One's purchases and reasons for purchasing are very personal. Even if you can't afford it and purchase with a huge premium, nothing wrong. If you suffer from buyers'/orderers' remorse, then you're crazy not cancel. You'd regret the decision for a very long time.

If someone has the desire and wants to spend THEIR money on getting first year, that's their decision and nothing wrong with it. I personally wouldn't do it, but that's my sense of what's right for me. America is about Freedom; we're lucky to live here and be able to spend our money freely.

I'm waiting for July 09. I'm just apprehensive as to whether, @ that time, I'll wait for the 10 model years options....initially I was all about the SRT, the more and more I think about it, the more attractive an SRT pseudosleeper with some fun aftermarket engine tweaks lures me in...

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this forum and find out what's working best for those that come before me!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:21 AM

i here your quandary bro. i wanted to see the production model before putting down a deposit and now that the production model has come out.. i am like... darn i should have put a deposit on one. but then again i think once the camaro comes out in about a year i may be able to get a challenger at a reasonable price.... but the wait is killing me. Then again i have gotta have a manual tranny. [sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 02-10-2008, 09:07 AM

Roadrunner,

I was first in Southern NH with an option to get an '08 challenger in New England. I received a call from my dealership at 0845 03 December 2007 asking if I wanted to move on the 2008 challenger. I declined. My cousin and I had a talk with the dealership manager and collectively they helped me realize I really wanted a manual transmission and the improvements that invariably come with the second run production. Based on their help I am now waiting in line to buy a 2009 Challenger - I may not be first, but I will be much happier having what I want for 40K rather than some 1 of 6400 with nothing special but a piece of plastic on the dashboard and bragging rights.

Personally, I am waiting for the 2009's and I may even wait for a 20091/2; if what I hear is true like more colors and detail'ing (and potentially functional butterfly valves - but I CAN NOT CONFIRM this).

I am holding out for an SRT8 with the color, tranny, options and dealer add-ons I want at the price I want - after all, it is ONLY a car. Oh, and the damn fit and finish better be perfect 8^P.

Get what you want - it is YOUR money and it is YOUR ride. Do your best not to get caught up in the material world - it is all marketing and hype. After all, you DESRVE it don't you?! 8^)

09challenger6.1
Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you you did the right thing. Why pay $5K over MSRP for a car that is not exactly to your specifications? I, personally, do not think that the plaque is going to add any value to the 2008s because they are building 6,400 of them.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, you are doing what 95% of us are doing on this website and that is waiting for the '09 versions. You are now in the same boat
with the rest of us.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: just backed out of my 08 am I crazy