Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Just made my deposit

Old 12-22-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just made my deposit

The guy is not lying. I read this article and just had to find out. They are taking deposits for only 500 dollars and said they took a few already. The salesman had to ask his boss because he was not sure but then he said yes. and I asked about paying what the dealer decides crap and he said no thats not true you will have to pay MSRP which is what everyone will be paying the first year. So now you only have to wait about 10 months before you can tell them what color and trim and engine you want . I think I will wait for all the little changes to be set in stone first.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:22 PM

I will wait until dealers have the pricing / options info before I make my deposit.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:23 PM

Get real...you will not get this car for MSRP unless your Dad owns the place or you have some other kind of connection. This car is HOT...they (dealers) know it. I am betting $5-10k above MSRP out of the gate. I would LOVE to be proven wrong...but I expect a healthy dealer markup. They are in the profit business and Challenger will bring a fat premium in the early going. You can get on every list in the book...let's see if they actually honor what they say. You know how often dealerships churn salespeople. You'll saunter in to the showroom in 2008 and ask for Billy that told you the Challenger is reserved at MSRP for you and....whoops. Billy did ya say? Oooooh...No Billy works here. We can sell you that Challenger though...Where do you need your payment to be?

Then, let the games begin![sm=vader1.gif]
Old 12-22-2006, 11:38 PM

Hopefully, Hertz, Avis, Enterprize, etc. will buy some of the Challengers, like they have Chargers. Nothing helps hold down new-car prices like having nearly new used rentals coming into the marketplace four or five months after the initial release. And, yes, I've had three former rentals cars: 1985 T-Bird, 1986 T-Bird and 1994 T-Bird. For the money, excellent cars all.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:57 AM

You've been lucky with those rentals. After working a few years for a large rental car company I am shy of ever buying one. We would miss servicing on a very regular basis and the cars were driven hard. I am not real mechanical but I suppose if you knew you were looking for you could avoid the mistreated ones.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:18 AM

Not only did I get the email response I posted above from the dealer in Texas. The internet salesman called me and left a message on my phone confirming that they were NOT taking deposits until they have production info (pricing and options).
Old 12-23-2006, 03:38 PM

Actually, Awsure, I bought all of them from Hertz -- when it was owned by Ford. According to a Ford service manager I talked to at a dealership once, Ford insisted that Hertz take good care of the cars because they considered that part of their advertising (ie., a bad experience with a Ford rental car might cost the company a sale at some point). Also, he said the Fords that went to Hertz were generally put together better in the first place because the assembly lines were slowed down for those cars. Maybe things are different now that Ford doesn't own Hertz. At any rate, the ones I had were all good. In fact, I still have the '94.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:44 PM

I work at a Men’s suit store in Louisiana and was fortunate enough to speak to two salesmen on two different days (Friday a guy a Leson Chevrolet and today a guy from Ray Brandt Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep). I asked both about their respective pony cars and both said the only "literature” (information) they had available was the stuff we already have seen on the websites. I forgot to ask them about "early deposits".
Old 01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

I am currently on top of the mountain so to say here in Fla. My neighbor owns the entire dlrship, along w/ a bunch of others.

I went over to his house, we drew up a simple little contract and signed it. I have first right of refusal as well.
I will be paying MSRP and not a penny more. He told me that they will not be charging premiums if you haggle a bit.

They will have mark ups on the sticker and if you are dumb enough to pay it then..
I looked at a SRT-C on his lot when they first came out and it was $55K

About 2 minutes into working a deal I was at MSRP so..
Old 01-21-2007, 01:24 AM

What'd ya end up paying on the 300 SRT at MSRP 45k or so? I'm curios cause I'm thinking that's what the 6.1 version of the Challenger will go for and that's a bit pricey in my book. I'm worrying about it now cause I know when the frenzy hits I'll be opening my wallet as fast as I can so...

Quick Reply: Just made my deposit