Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Just made my deposit

Old 02-02-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headed to make my deposit - in AZ

No, none available for the car.

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

any price?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:50 PM

What happens to your deposit if...let's say the MSRP plus markup is north of where you want to be. Is it fully refundable? What if you find another dealer at the time that is quoting a grand or two under Ed Moses when they are released? Are you obligated to still buy from them?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:07 PM

Sevreal questions so I'll answer one at a time.

1. I'm buying the car there is no north of where I want to be.

2. I'll ask about a refund but I want the car not the cash.

3. I would be willing to bet the prices will be so close that you won't see more then $500 difference the first year. Beside I'lm getting one with every option available so it will go high with no low ball for sure.

ORIGINAL: awsure

What happens to your deposit if...let's say the MSRP plus markup is north of where you want to be. Is it fully refundable? What if you find another dealer at the time that is quoting a grand or two under Ed Moses when they are released? Are you obligated to still buy from them?
Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 PM

I am just as geeked up about this car as anyone & plan to have one but if these dealers look for $50k plus I am going to have to pass until they get real. I guess my point in the questions really is before I hand a car dealer any money I am going to have something in writing clearly indicating conditions by which my money came back to me if we didn't do a deal. I agree they should be close in price but as an example I bought a Mazda 626ES some years ago & got it for $1k less at one dealer than anyone else. I am not a rich guy so a grand in my pocket is staying there.

My plan is to list exactly what I want and then call/email for the best price when the car is out. That dealer gets my cash at time of sale.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Administrator

so, youre saying that if the same things happens with the chally that happened with the GT500, with the first models going for 60-70 grand, youre still "in"?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:05 AM

No way. I said if they are looking for more than $50k I am sitting out for awhile. I can accept a few grand in markup. Hell, I am in sales...I get that they are are in business for profit but there is such a thing as abuse & I am not taking it. I'll sit on my cash and throw some at a damn bathroom remodel while I wait. At least I can read a magazine with Challenger pics on the can. [8D]

I actually proposed we remodel in Hemi Orange with a pistol grip flusher. My wife rolled her eyes. Doh!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Administrator

lol...i meant paladin..he made the comment about how no price would be too much

but a pistol grip flusher eh? [8D]
Old 02-03-2007, 10:08 AM

There is no way on Gods green earth I will give a dealership over sticker price for any vehicle, They are out of thier minds and should be locked up for price gouging. They arrest people for doing the same thing with gas and other items when there is a high demand. I understand there in the business to make money and are already alloted a certain markup from tthe factory, which is below sticker price and even below sticker sales is still a profit for both the dealers and salesman. A fair profit is around 3%. Its people that go in and pay whatever that drives the price up. I truly love the car and want one as much but DODGE can keep it if there is a mark up. I wont even look at it if its over 35K. Hell, I bought a 2006 Z71, fully loaded, brand new with 5 miles on her for about that price. Also look at the 300m and the pt crusier, they should have learned then with the mark up on those vehicles. You couldnt touch one when they first came out, now go to any dealer and pick any color with any option and name YOUR PRICE.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Lets not throw stones. The car will sell for what the market will bare, plain and simple. If you are unwilling or unable to afford the car that does not make those of us willing to pay the market price wrong for paying it. Just as an example, I moved back to Az last year after being gone for 4 1/2 years. The house I sold for $175K was on the market for $325K. Is it worth it, HELL no but, that's what the market will bare. The last new house I sold back east I made $120K profit and only lived in the house 18 months. I've been able to buy, occupy and sell 7 new houses in 12 years each has been an investment but my family and I got a measure of pleasure until we decide to cash in and move.

Plain and simple I'll pay the price I can afford for the material things that bring me pleasure if I feel strongly I can turn a profit at resale. With this car I'm certain I'll get considerable pleasure and a nice profit at resale.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator

thats an interesting way of looking at things, but honestly, i just cant be bothered...especially with moving and such. ive moved three times. out of my parents house into the dorms, then from the dorms into my house, and from my house to my current place. we have no intention of making an investment of this house, as when im ready to move, we will sell it for whatever price we can get...i plan on losing money, because thats what i do. bank on losses, hope for gains. we paid very little for the house so we wont lose money...however, your example of houses doesnt apply, or so i feel. if you buy a house, it basically begins gaining worth right away. the second that challenger leaves the lot, its worth less. if it stickers for 40k, and you pay 60k, when you drive it off the lot, its worth 35k. it gradually becomes less and less valuable, until it hits that point where it is a collectors item. people bought first gen vipers for way over sticker, and now you can get one for 25-30k. plus, that 20k markup on a car will go down, but houses do not, as there is no point where 'no one is looking for a house',. but when the bull market for the challenger dies, everyone else will be paying sticker...just like the charger, the new stang, etc...

but please dont think that im bagging on you, as its a fine idea, but i hate moving. i settle in, and get comfy.

the same goes for a car...i buy the car, do to it as i please...and its mine..i never plan on making money on a car.

Quick Reply: Just made my deposit