Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Just made my deposit

Old 01-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just made my deposit

hmmm..i look at it differently...i know that first run models have problems, so i dont want to pay a huge markup for the first unit...id just like to get one..not the first one.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

hmmm..i look at it differently...i know that first run models have problems, so i dont want to pay a huge markup for the first unit...id just like to get one..not the first one.
Plus first year models always have bugs to work out.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-22-2007, 09:00 AM

I've heard that somewhere before! [sm=alcoholic.gif] Actually, it's not like they are starting from scratch, the car should have few problems!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

I've heard that somewhere before! [sm=alcoholic.gif] Actually, it's not like they are starting from scratch, the car should have few problems!
Even if the car is using a pre-existing platform and the model is pretty much a refreshed model, it still has a few bugs to fix. Just look at the new Camry and Avalon. Lots of bugs they've had to fix. Since the Challenger is the first coupe that the Chrysler Group is building on this platform and the interior and things are significantly different from the LX cars (Charger, 300C, & Magnum), it will have a few bugs here and there.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-22-2007, 10:03 PM

I think when wallstreetman said “I've heard that somewhere before” he was referring to your post when you said “Plus first year models always have bugs to work out” ........ 1 Bad Mirada had just said “i know that first run models have problems” the post before your's

Not because he didn’t think the first run of Challengers would have a few problems

Old 01-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

I think he was actually referring to a previous post from 6 months because we discussed this whole issue back then.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I think he was actually referring to a previous post from 6 months because we discussed this whole issue back then.
Yeah I know.... I've pretty much read this whole message board. I guess I just assumed because he basically repeated what was just said in the post before his.

I guess I was wrong.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:01 PM

When I was in for routine service on my Charger Daytona, I asked if they had a waiting list for the new SRT/8 Challengers. They said that they did! I didn't have to put down a deposit but they did want me to write out what I preferred: Color, trans, engine, etc., along with my telephone number. I put in for a black, SRT/8, 6.1L (or larger), 5spd auto, and of course, all the creature comforts. The sales mgr said they would contact me the minute they could actually order and price one. They would ONLY THEN take a $5,000 deposit and order it. All that sounds reasonable to me so I signed up. I also asked him how many other prospective SRT/8 people had been put on the list. He said 36. I thought that was a lot considering the dealership is not a large one and is in a relatively lower-density population area. He figured he could take orders in April of 2008 - assuming the rumors are correct as to production schedules.

I am saving my money!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator

i think that alot of these people on "a list" are going to be dissappointed when they find out that being on a list without a cash deposit, especially when others are willing to fork out a ton of cash over cost, doesnt mean much...i just think that the markup is going to be absurd unless you have a dealership connection.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:33 PM

Just a quick bit of info to pass on. We at Brampton Assembly ( home of the 300C , Magnum and Charger ) are on a 3 week lay off for "inventory adjustment." Rumour has it that DCX is also taking this opportunity to modify parts of the line to accomadate the Challenger. I will let you all know of any changes when I finally get back on the line !!!

Quick Reply: Just made my deposit