Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

just some basic questions

Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just some basic questions

ORIGINAL: Chris

Also, let's not magazine-race the car before it even appears on the dealer lot. The car is a lot more than 0-60, 1/4 mi. time and HP/lb.ft. figures. Most people won't be able to even come close to magazine times anyway. It's understandable to want to be able to say "my car does this and that in X time", but take a more holistic view: is the price right, am I pleased with the handling, can I live with this car on an everyday basis, do I like the interior and exterior, etc., because there will always be someone with some shit faster than yours, unless you own a Strike Eagle or something.
Something like......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramjet

That's what I'm talking about.....now, I'm not getting the Challenger......Mach 24 or nothing!

Old 01-08-2008, 02:00 PM
mac

I keep forgetting this will only be a 5 speed auto. My BMW 328xi is a 6 speed auto and my prior MB SLK 350 was a 7 speed auto. On paper the MB slk 350 got better times with the 7 speed auto then the 6 speed standard tranny.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:50 PM

lol i know the srt8 hasn't come out yet but just estimating/guesing what do u guys think the handling, confort level is going to be??
and last thing
what do u guys think about the modibilty cause i wanted to put on a high performance CAI and either a magnaflow Catback or a flowmaster depending on what sounds better and increase in performance
Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Challenger09

lol i know the srt8 hasn't come out yet but just estimating/guesing what do u guys think the handling, confort level is going to be??
and last thing
what do u guys think about the modibilty cause i wanted to put on a high performance CAI and either a magnaflow Catback or a flowmaster depending on what sounds better and increase in performance
Best thing you can do is find a dealer who has an SRT8 Charger in stock and take it for a spin. What feels "harsh" to one person feels "firm" to another, so you have to make that determination yourself.
The Charger SRT8 is on the same platform as the Challenger, has the same engine, has a comparable weight, and suspension package, and also has the premium exhaust system you're considering. I would suggest that the sound, handling and performance of the Challenger will be very similar to that. Use it as your benchmark for comparison.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM

that is probably the best way other than actually driving a challenger to find out what it will be like
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM

ya have to check that out but so far from the people i know that drove the charger said that they didn't like it and they drove the R/T model said that the mustang gt felt like it was going faster when u punched it and the charger didn't handle too well
but like u guys said i'll too see for myself
Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 PM

the charger R/T has only 40hp more than a mustang gt and it weights more so you should feel like your goin faster in a gt when you punch it as for handling i have also heard that the charger isn't all that great but again it is a heavier car
Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 AM

The SRT8 Charger kicks ass! In the Challenger (with a 4 inch shorter wheelbase which should be lighter than the Charger) it should be even stronger. Just drove the Charger SRT8 today and it screams for more. Waiting for an "09 Challenger!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:03 AM

There will be plenty of intake/exhaust/chip options for this car in no time. I also suspect that the 425 HP rating will be under-rated. Wasn't it in the SRT-8 300's?
There are sure to be turbo/superchargers kits out as well. Plus nitrous. If you want more power, you'll be able to get it pretty easily.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Mikesan

I also suspect that the 425 HP rating will be under-rated. Wasn't it in the SRT-8 300's?
The 6.1L SRT8 425HP engine is in the Charger SRT8, the Magnum SRT8, the Jeep Cherokee SRT8, and the 300C SRT8.
There are several programmers/chips available to flash the BIOS for both of the HEMI engines. My friends who've used them recommend the Diablo over SuperChips for the HEMIs.

Quick Reply: just some basic questions