Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Keyless Entry Button Question.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Button Question.

Hi all, I'm new here as I just got my SRT8 this Saturday. While at the dealer, he mentioned something about being able to remove the start button and use the key as a key if needed if the wireless transmitter portion didn't work. I that the manual touched on this a little but couldn't find where it said how to remove the button. Do you just grab it's edges and pull out? I think this is how but don't want to tear something up if there's a latch or something as it's not even a week old yet. But this would be a good thing to know if ever needed it. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:53 AM

Default RE: Keyless Entry Button Question.

Provided you have long enough finger nails, you will be able to pry the button out without damage, which worked for me. Else a small flat blade screw driver.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrysler just released a recall for the Keyless Go.

The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters on about 6,600 of the above vehicles can be removed from the vehicle when the transmission gear selector has not been placed in the “Park” position. If the driver turns the engine off but does not place the gear selector in the “Park” position, the vehicle could move inadvertently and cause a crash without warning. As a result, these vehicles do not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 114 – Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention.

The Wireless Ignition Node (WIN) must be reprogrammed and the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters must be resynchronized to the vehicle. After this repair, the engine will only turn off when the transmission gear selector has been placed in the “Park” position. The new software will also correct an intermittent RKE condition and add a time-out feature to prevent draining the battery if the vehicle remains in the “Accessory” or “Run” mode for more than 30 minutes with the engine off.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 AM

I believe the owner's manual says to use the Valet key that is inside the hand held controller. Place it at the 6 o'clock position and pry up. I don't ever intend to take mine out, it's very handy.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 AM

I like it to and don't plan on using except in case of emergencies. Then I'd like to know how it comes out without messing it up.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Can a WIN module be added to a SE model?

09 Dodge Challenger SE
02 Dodge Neon
97 Dodge Avenger
Old 12-30-2008, 04:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to pop mine out because my key fob stopped working after only 2 weeks.

Just grap the button and pull it straight out. It is held in place with two sets of plastic clips. If you use your key, it will automatically deprogram your key fob. So don't use the key unless your key fob stops working or if you just don't like using the start button.

Someone suggested to me that I should have tried to clean the battery first before using the key. That might have saved me a trip to the dealer.