Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

leasing ends

Old 07-28-2008, 04:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: leasing ends

Mopar2ya, OMG!!! About fell off my chair with that pic! Almost looks like my boss, mind if I use this?

To me, IMHO, it sure is a good representation of our board troll!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Johnnytuinals

Doom and gloom IS coming on a Challenger board and telling us YOU think Chrysler is folding.
YOU think buying a limited 08 is NUTS unless you get it at msrp or lower.
Now you believe in two years the economy will be on the rise and all who buy stock now will be rich?

Look what JPM,BAC,WFC,WB are selling now!!!!!!
And the earnings of Visa is coming out Weds at closing time.
Buy 1000 shares of Visa and you will double your money next year
I have more the 1000 Plus shares when I bought it at $55 a share(should have bought more.
I don't know what you mean about RICH?????????
Many people think that people that have $10,000 in the bank is rich
and you have others that think if you have $1,000,000 in the bank makes you rich.
To me you can never have too much money

Yep I think Chrysler will Fold in the next year or two.
I own a few Mopars
and I do own a 1970 Hemi Challenger Export car(if you know anything then you should know how many were built
for Export in 1970}
And I am not talking about the 1971 Export jay leno owns

Not this troll again-_-
Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 AM

Although he's somewhat strident, some of the points JT makes are legitimate. Is Chrysler is a shaky situation? Yes, largely because it's now owned by a private equity group rather than by shareholders. Such operations are more likely to shut down a business that's suffering when times get tough. Do I think there would be a mid-1970s-style bailout by the U.S. government for Chrysler this time? Not a chance. The government did that once and it's not about to do it again. Look at how Amtrak is constantly in danger of being closed and it's actually owned by the government. Besides, the government went about as far as it's going to go to "help" the American car companies when they forced Toyota and Honda to actually start building some of their cars on U.S. soil to make them more "competitive." That said, am I not going to buy a Challenger (two, actually) because of Chrysler's current condition? No, unless they quit making cars before mine arrive. Some things are worth getting, and the Challenger is definitely one of them.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 AM

There was about a five minute discussion about Chrysler today on CNBC tv. About 2:20 pm this afternoon. They also talk about the other holdings of this private equity group that are in trouble. I did a search for the video on CNBC for the discussion, didnt find it to post.

More news about Chrysler at 3:34pm EST.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:23 PM

I saw that on Cnbc also a few times today
After seeing all the Dodge bashing on television today make me wonder if they will
be around in a couple of years(couple means maybe 2 years}
But I will have my 2009 Challenger Rt before they close their doors for good.........
I also agree with the poster before me,the goverment will never bail them out again