Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Lifetime Warranty

Old 12-17-2008, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lifetime Warranty

I think the best part of the warranty offer is the payment plan. You can start the payments but wait until the future is known. Unless the worst happens and Chrysler goes under deep and fast, the warranties from the actual factory have to be up held by any future company, GM or whatever..
Old 12-17-2008, 06:40 PM
caj

What is the phone number on the postcard for the free Garmin GPS. I ask because I purchased the Lifetime $100 ded bumper-bumper 2 weeks ago through the dealer and wasn't offered the GPS. I'm wondering if I can call Chrysler and see if they will give me one? Any Ideas?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:45 PM

see my earlier post for the website, their 800 number is on there....since you have already bought it I doubt they will do much....maybe threaten to cancel, they may deal then, did you get the lifetime bumper 2 bumper?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:01 PM
caj

ORIGINAL: AF Pilot

see my earlier post for the website, their 800 number is on there....since you have already bought it I doubt they will do much....maybe threaten to cancel, they may deal then, did you get the lifetime bumper 2 bumper?

Thanks and yes, I did get the bumper-bumper lifetime $100 ded warranty. Maybe threatening to cancel may do the trick because I just signed up 2 weeks ago and there should be a grace period where you can cancel.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 PM

60 day grace period, after that I think it is prorated. I think those guys are ready to wheel and deal.....when I signed up they told me that I needed to put $200 down, but I told them I was interested but had no cash cause I had just bought my chally and my wife a pacifica. After a few minutes on hold the guy came back and said that I can send in the deposit when I get the paperwork which would be almost 3 wks to a month later. Maybe tell them that you just got a postcard in the mail offering the GPS but it got wet or ripped or something so you can't read the code they will ask for
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM

So do they offer this warranty on the SRT???? If so what is the price??? Can this warranty be purchased on a used vehicle??? Say 2008 SRT??? Thanks... Hopefully...
Old 12-18-2008, 03:55 AM

My guess is if you call them they will sell you the warranty on a 2008 Challenger SRT. They probably will not even hesitate.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 AM
caj

ORIGINAL: caj

What is the phone number on the postcard for the free Garmin GPS. I ask because I purchased the Lifetime $100 ded bumper-bumper 2 weeks ago through the dealer and wasn't offered the GPS. I'm wondering if I can call Chrysler and see if they will give me one? Any Ideas?

Good News....I just got off the phone with Chrysler and the rep there said that I will be receiving the Garmin GPS. Makes me happy since I did not want the GPS in my R/T. Thanks all.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Good deal, glad you go it caj...I just got my contract in the mail and it specifically says it doesn't cover SRT vehicles. Most companies don't offer extended warranties on high performance vehicles. Let's just hope they don't go under....chapter 11 or being sold off to GM or another company would suck, but by law the purchasing company would be legally bound to honor the warranty.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:56 PM

A "lifetime" warranty these days may work out if you're 92 and smoke 2 packs a day...

However, I'm not as concerned that if Chrysler went under that these cars would be next Deloreans. Take some comfort in the fact that the majority of components on these Challengers are the same as Chargers, 300's etc. Body parts would be the toughest, but most liekly produced by some other company for collision replacements anyway. Sure, some parts, unique to the Challenger may be scarce but overall, someone should have the stuff... IMO.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Warranty