Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Military discount?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Military discount?

Dude, giving you a $500 discount after raising the price $500 is not saving you a penny! Create your own discount by being a smart buyer!
Old 11-28-2006, 04:04 PM

Agreed Wallstreetman. I have been in sales a long time & all the "promos" or special discounts are generally a reduction of an inflation. Mark it up 75% and then offer a 30% discount. For years I would talk to clients who said "I get 40% off"....well 40% off what? My advice with cars is you go in with as much down as you can get together, know EXACTLY what you want, and then call/email around and ask for their TTL price. Then let 'em fight it out.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm...Some friends of mine who religiously buy Chrysler Group products mentioned that they get a military discount each time they go in to purchase their cars. The problem with these discounts is that they hurt the resale value of the car sometimes.

Often times offering all of these "great discounts" are nothing but a trick to make you think that your getting a great deal when all they did was inflate the price in the first place.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 PM

good points. I like to think that I am a good car shopper. I looked for 6 months before I bought a vehicle with my wife and got over 6,000 off sticker. I would try to negotiate the price of the vehicle with the dealership and when we settle on a price then tell them I am a active duty military and that I was 500 off the price. I think that is smart shopping. Most people hate to shop for a car but I enjoy it because it can truely be a challenge.

I love the Challenger and hope to own one soon. There will be much competition for dcx and muscle car shoppers will have many options in the next few years. I believe this will help the car shopper.

In 2009 these vehicle should be available

Challenger
Mustang
Camaro
GTO

I have a favarite but am not ruling out any of those vehicles yet.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:31 AM

It's funny but I love buying cars too. My friends & family all call me when they are looking for something because they know I enjoy it. The fun is in the chase and I love to see people in the heat of the moment pushing hard to try and close a deal. (I think it's my sales background that makes me love to turn the tables a little and flaunt the power of the buyer)

[8D]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I also like the process. When I have a family member or friend who is shopping around, they normally take me along since I'm able to remember a lot of info off the top of my head. I wish both of you luck when the time comes around!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-01-2006, 08:24 PM

You to bro. Hope we all get good deals! I was looking at a few GTO's today. A local dealership has three of them, that can't be good. I heard that they were having trouble getting ride of them. I do not particarlarly love the look of the GTO but it does have 400 horses. Here is what I think...

They are having trouble selling them
This dealership has 3, 2006 models, most 07's are on the lot
It is hard to sell muscle cars in December in the Northeast
The GTO is not being made in 07

This makes me think that I could get one for a good bit under msrp and since I really do not want one maybe I could bully my way to a great price, lol. If not so what...
Old 12-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you!

Sounds like a plan. I'm not crazy about the GTO's styling but if I could find a brand new one at an excellent price, I'd be tempted. 400 hp, high quality interior, and the knowledge that it will probably be worth quite a bit someday (remember dealerships had trouble getting rid of the original Charger Daytonas and Superbirds now they can make moucho bucks on them).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-02-2006, 07:28 AM

I doubt that these GTO's will ever be worth anything. For a car to have long term appeal it has to have character and style. This car has neither. It will reside on the ash-heap of bad ideas along with cars like the 80's era Thunderbird. Boooooooooooooooooring....

I can only hope that Pontiac gets some great designers to do for the Goat what the DCX guys did for Challenger and return an icon to it's rightful place.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:05 AM

bored out, first of all I would like to congratulate you on your commission. Just to let you know, if you go to the Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, or anywhere else oversees you can get a Chrysler or Ford vehicle through ENCS. They normally have bigger rebates then the state dealers, and you do not need to worry about any haggling. You pick the car, color, options, and delivery date. Then when you get back they will deliver it to the dealership of your choice, with your name on the car. Here is the link to their web page. ENCS I have a couple buddies go this route and it worked great for them.

Quick Reply: Military discount?