Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Mopar Developing Supercharger for 2009 Challenger

Old 07-03-2008, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Developing Supercharger for 2009 Challenger

Not sure if this is news or not, but it was posted on Edmunds Inside Line yesterday

Inside Line

DETROIT — Mopar is developing a supercharger for the 2009 Dodge Challenger. Chrysler is planning to unveil it this November at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, Inside Line has learned.

The supercharger will be marketed through Dodge dealers as a Mopar-branded aftermarket item. Along with the blower, the '09 Challenger will get the typical SEMA treatment: a cold-air intake, a high-flow cat-back exhaust system and, of course, a few different sets of rims.

Speedfactory has already taken the wraps off its Vortech supercharger kit for the Challenger, which ups the 6.1-liter Hemi V8's stock 425 horsepower to 630 hp with the Stage 2 modifications.

No word yet on output and torque figures for the Mopar-modified Hemi.

What this means to you: A supercharger for the Challenger should bring some serious competition to the new Ford Shelby GT500. — Mike Lysaght, Correspondent
Old 07-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Default RE: Mopar Developing Supercharger for 2009 Challenger

630 HP... Whooo Hoooo...
Old 07-03-2008, 04:35 AM

good news...im torn between the new challenger and hopefully a new shelby gt350 with new 5.0L...all in all i really do not care for the gt500...problem is i have yet to see a new challenger so il have to wait until it is on the lot...of course plan C is to simply save my cash and finally after 25 years just go and buy a beater CJ jeep...have tons more fun with that...good to hear about a blower..mopar needs to at least match HP with the gt500 which is refreshed for 2010 (january 30 2009 the refreshed 2010 stang appears)
Old 07-03-2008, 06:40 AM

I wonder what sort of supercharger it is. Hopefully one that sticks out the hood[sm=badbadbad.gif] A little over the top, but I love that look (probably watched mad max too many times).
Old 07-03-2008, 11:30 AM

A supercharger is coming, currently testing right now, no solid eta yet. We had the Speedfactory car at work a couple weeks ago. Not sure yet if the new kit is going to be roots style(ala GT-500) or centrifigal(vortech/paxton/procharger) like the Speedworks car. There is a roots powered Charger running around right now..........we'll see.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Is this something new?? I have read about superchargers available for the Challengers all year long. As a matter of fact, a simple internet search finds several and there is one comapny, I forget their name, that offers the Challenger supercharged already.

Dave
Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 PM

I don't think the fact that a blower kit for the Challenger will be available is new. But, the fact that this kit will be supplied from Chrysler via Mopar and won't void your warranty is news. I know there are plenty of people that would like to modify their Challenger, but worry about voiding the warranty so this should be a good compromise.

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

Is this something new?? I have read about superchargers available for the Challengers all year long. As a matter of fact, a simple internet search finds several and there is one comapny, I forget their name, that offers the Challenger supercharged already.

Dave
Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 PM

Wow this is outstanding news. Looks like the SRT team is serious about exploiting the full potential the Challenger platform. First the drag racing package. Then the supercharger. Could a 'Cuda be far behind? I bet there will be a pretty badass new 'Cuda before this whole thing is over. THERE HAS TO BE A 'CUDA!!! It is far too good to pass up!

I wonder what sort of supercharger it is. Hopefully one that sticks out the hood
Like this?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Yes! Yessss! Muahahahahaha!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 PM

Honestly for me the whole lifetime warranty has sold me on the Challenger R/T. If Mopar can come up with a Supercharger and warranty it. Im sold I'll buy brand new and have the lifetime thing. But if not im still gonna consider a C5 vette' everyday till I see an 09' R/T. But this is really good news for everybody. This is the type of thing that I wish they did for the Ram.

Quick Reply: Mopar Developing Supercharger for 2009 Challenger