Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Mopar going out of business fire sale soon

Old 02-14-2008, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar going out of business fire sale soon

Ok Ok
Dodge is cutting 1/2 of their dealerships
and dodge is cutting many models that they sell...
GM is cutting jobs again
Fords stock is rated at JUNK $6 a share last week,,,I don't care how many stangs they sell ford will also be
out of business in the near future,,,,Yes ford and Gm does well over seas but their market and their biggest market is the states...
Many will say the goverment will save Mopar again??????
Mecedes got rid of them because they were losing lots of money,they gave the company away free.......
But many thing that the Goverment will save Mopar again?????
I really think not.....
A Hedge fund owns Mopar in Canada ,soooooo I really think there will be NOOOOO bailouts..........
So I would think buy your challengers in the next year or two,because I really feel
Mopar will not be around much longer..
People in hedge funds don't know anything about cars......JT
Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Mopar going out of business fire sale soon

you understand that "mopar going out of business" wouldnt have anything to do with the cars, right?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:41 PM

If Chrysler goes out of business there will be no cars to sell
As I said,a hedge fund owns Chrysler from Canada
And you really think the goverment is going to bail them out ?????
I really think not.....
Chrysler has been losing big money and it was a very bad investment...
look at GM,,,,,,,,,,they sold many cars this year but they really lost money on each one of them that they sold.
GM is only making money on their trucks,,,,I think they willl sell many trucks untill the price of gas hits $5 a gallion.
What about ford,,,They are getting rid of many of their brands(volvo among others}And the company
is rated as JUNK.....
I look at it this way
Buy your Challengers in the next year or two because Chrysler will not be around.......
If you think I am wrong,then I guess you don't follow the market and maybe work at a dealership.......JT
Old 02-14-2008, 08:11 PM

There may be a lot of big changes in store, but a huge company like that will not just dissappear in 2 years.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 PM

From what I heard and read about the Genisis project is that YES the workforce will be cut in half.. however the dealerships will be cut in thirds.. not half.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

JohnnyTinuals,,,,,,,,

Please,,,,,,,,,if I may,,,,,,,,,,what are this week's Super Lotto numbers????,,,,,,,,I'm hoping you've been watching the outcome of lotteries too,,,,

Apparently,,,,,,watching the market empowers one with the ability of clairvoyance and prognosticative abilities of a shaman,,,,,,,,

So, you know what everyone else knows, Chrysler is struggling, there is a private company trying to turn a buck, save a dying company and the jobs of people who work in this company and Chrysler enthusiasts throughout the world.

Man, you're already to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, ain't ya?

I can certainly state whose fox hole I wouldn't want to share in a time of crisis.

While one model can't save a company, did it ever occur to you that by cutting expenses associated with a wider product offering, re-negotiating labor contracts, and changing the production to more closely reflect demand, they can turn this company around?

There is a lot of talent in this New Old Company; and if it saves American jobs, I wouldn't see a loan being out of the question, with some stipulation that a Kraut company can't come along, pilfer the spoils, treat it like a drunk sorority girl, then drop it off on the street anywhere when done.

I watch the market,,,,,,,,I know the future,,,,,,,,I bought Global Crossings,,,,,,,,so should you,,,,,,
doom and gloom,,,,,,

gloom and doom,,,,,,

the end is near,,,,,,repent,,,,,,,

Old 02-15-2008, 07:09 AM

If they can stay in buisiness till I get a challenger it will make me happy, but still make me sad to see them go after so long of making good muscle cars.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:25 AM

they haven't made good muscle cars since the 60's and early 70's
Old 02-15-2008, 07:28 AM

Well that's what i meant, kinda
Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 AM

Johnnytuinals - Dude!

Your "world sucks" democrat is showing. 8^) Perhaps if you spent more time living in the present, the future would not look so glum. Take one day at a time, let the drugs wear off, breath slowly into a brown paper bag, and eventually you will begin to feel better. We do not know the future, nor should we speak ill of it. If we, or in this case Cerebus, does everything in its power each day to keep Chrysler alive/healthy, then great, otherwise -welcome to a democratic republic - the masses will have voted.

In short, I disagree with your prognostications. It would not deter me if they did. I would still have a cool car, and so long as I get all the shop manuals and diagnostic system software - eh? so what. And come September 08, I will put my money where my mouth is.

09Challenger6.1 (bronze*, 6.1L, manual)

* possibly Hemi-Orange if my daughter and missus get their way 8^(

Quick Reply: Mopar going out of business fire sale soon