Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Mopar Performance Parts

Old 05-03-2008, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Performance Parts

I just got this E-mail from the parts guy @ the Dealership I ordered my 08 from....down here in Olympia Wa. I'm feeling a bit lost right now.....today is my first day to access the internet in a week!!!! I'm working off site in Manfredonia Italy!! I may be here when my car arrives....pretty bummed!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1207/BA47D14219324AB190F78D828FEA71D9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-03-2008, 03:35 AM

Default Mopar Performance Parts (Cont)

Catalog Pic #2

[IMG]local://upfiles/1207/13EFDECDAE934153B5ECA70C84F80892.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mopar Performance Parts (Cont)

Thanks for sharing. Good to know there will be Challenger exclusive accesories.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:48 AM

No exhaust, arg.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Like I mentioned in another post, the current is supposedly so loud it borders on illegal. If you do get an exhuast system be sure it is not too loud or here come the tickets.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Since the wraps are off the car now I have the info on all the factory exhaust systems that the car is being produced with. The manual trans cars wll have bigger pipe than the automatics. The stick cars have 2 3/4" pipe and will be louder than the automatics. I need to check my info but I believe there are no resonators in the stick cars. The R/T automatic gets 2 1/4" pipe and the SRT-8 automatic gets 2 1/2" pipe. Both automatic cars are using resonators along with the mufflers. You are correct in that the stick car is just going to border the legal sound limits the factory can put out. The automatic cars will be quieter. If anyone is looking for specifics let me know and I will get them.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:46 AM

Im going to my dealers performance shop monday am to see if they can order some of them parts.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1971Chall

Since the wraps are off the car now I have the info on all the factory exhaust systems that the car is being produced with. The manual trans cars wll have bigger pipe than the automatics. The stick cars have 2 3/4" pipe and will be louder than the automatics. I need to check my info but I believe there are no resonators in the stick cars. The R/T automatic gets 2 1/4" pipe and the SRT-8 automatic gets 2 1/2" pipe. Both automatic cars are using resonators along with the mufflers. You are correct in that the stick car is just going to border the legal sound limits the factory can put out. The automatic cars will be quieter. If anyone is looking for specifics let me know and I will get them.
By all means, please post them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:17 PM

No problem, I will post the differences. I was surprised to see the variations myself. Not a huge difference but the stick cars will be favored. This is probably what accounts for the slightly higher rating the R/T Stick receives over the auto. The SRT-8 hp rating does not change but the difference between the SRT-8 auto vs stick exhaust is less than the R/T versions. I will dig the info out and post it on this article.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: 1971Chall

By all means, please post them.

Thanks in advance.

Checked my info, I was off a bit in my earlier post, here are what the cars are supposed to have stock:

R/T automatic: 2 1/4" pipes, single muffler, dual resonators
R/T manual: 2 1/2" pipes, 2 small resonators to replace the single muffler on the auto car and then dual resonators
SRT automatic: 2 3/4" pipe, single muffler, dual resonators
SRT manual: 2 3/4" pipe, 2 small resonators to replace the single muffler on the auto car and then dual resonators

A cat back will still help these cars as the any auto manufacturer is limited by Federal noise regulations. I figure no one really cares about the single exhaust on the SE, lol..................

Quick Reply: Mopar Performance Parts