Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

More Pics of Pre-Production Challenger Seen Driving Around Detroit Area

Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More Pics of Pre-Production Challenger Seen Driving Around Detroit Area

Cool! Sounds like you are on the "fast track" even before you get your Challenger!

Those were the first "full body" pics I've seen of the production car. I like the old-school look of the gas cap. I know that's a strange thing to notice, but it was the first thing to jump out at me. Most of the rest of the car looked about like I expected from the other spy shots we've seen before.

Did you notice in the last picture there was something on the hood scoop? Anybody got any idea what it says? Looks to me like four letters, a space then a long word - so I'm guessing SRT8 Challenger. I could be wrong, maybe it's 6.1 Hemi. Anybody got a better look?

I'm obsessing on the details! Can you tell I'm tired of waiting? I just wish we could get a good look at the production interior.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Default RE: More Pics of Pre-Production Challenger Seen Driving Around Detroit Area

You're right, davidstan. I couldn't tell from the rain photos if the middle brake light was there or not, but the silver pics confirm that it's there. I wonder why it doesn't light up in the rain photos? I guess they've still got a little work to do!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 AM

I think that in the rain pictures, the car's lights were on but the brakes weren't being stepped on. That's why the third brake light wasn't lit up. Notice how you can tell the right turn signal is on in one of the pics. It probably was taken just as the driver took his foot off the brake and was getting ready to take off.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: davidstan

where are the tail pipes?
If they're black, they'd be hard to see in these pictures. There's pictures of the exhaust pipes (they're smaller) in other spy shot thread.