Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My Challenger went to "D" status yesterday !!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Challenger went to "D" status yesterday !!

Well, I just walked in the house, I just came back from Myrtle Beach, took a little 3day R&R. Glad to here we are moving into D status. I can't wait to call my dealer tomorrow. I will let you guys & gals know what my vin # is hopefully.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 AM

My car went to D status with a Vin#8H290323. It was bordered 12/03.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:53 AM

I got a call Sat. morning, I have 0321 coming.

I was told by the dealer that the 321 is the production #, can anyone confirm that?

Also they told me my car could show up anytime from 3 weeks to 6 weeks out? Has anyone heard any different from their contact?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 AM

Well,well,well it is a good day for me also. Just so happens I'm in "D" status. Last 4 digits on vin # are 9405. Does this mean badge 405? Anyhow, it doesn't really matter that much. I'm just glad things are finally progressing. Hooray!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:25 PM

Some of you must have been camping at the dealers door to get these low numbers. 137, 321, 323, 405, 465, WOW!!! I think the badge numbers will even be lower than your VIN because they are not sequential to the Challenger as far as I know. I bet you have these by early May, but don't get your hopes up...I'm just guessing.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:06 PM

My VIN is 289601. The car was ordered on 12/3 at 10:21 EST. It was ordered BLACK (PXR), but was changed to HEMI ORANGE (PLC) on December 26. The color change became effective when the status changed to "D". My dealer tells me someone at the Zone level made the change since dealers were unable to make changes themselves after the initial order.

It would appear from the VIN that this will be one of the earlier Challengers (after Tupperware and 1971CudaConvert). I wonder if the color change had any impact...or if the color sequencing is just a rumor?

[8D]
Old 03-31-2008, 01:16 PM

Just wondering.... If you wanted black, why would they change the color on you.... Sounds kind of hokey to me. I know if I paid $$$ for a black car, and ordered a black car, I would want a black car. If its a "take what you get" thats one thing. I know I would be upset.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:02 PM

Sounds to me as if he wanted the color changed.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: JeepDodgeRam

My VIN is 289601. The car was ordered on 12/3 at 10:21 EST. It was ordered BLACK (PXR), but was changed to HEMI ORANGE (PLC) on December 26. The color change became effective when the status changed to "D". My dealer tells me someone at the Zone level made the change since dealers were unable to make changes themselves after the initial order.

It would appear from the VIN that this will be one of the earlier Challengers (after Tupperware and 1971CudaConvert). I wonder if the color change had any impact...or if the color sequencing is just a rumor?

[8D]

The dealer is full of it ,They can change the color untill it goes to statis C after that there are no changes without special help from regenal managers ect.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: djb0308

Just wondering.... If you wanted black, why would they change the color on you.... Sounds kind of hokey to me. I know if I paid $$$ for a black car, and ordered a black car, I would want a black car. If its a "take what you get" thats one thing. I know I would be upset.

I always wanted orange. I didn't order it in black, the dealer ordered it before I had a chance to talk with them. This particular dealer owns two dealerships and each had ordered 1 Challenger. My dealer ordered black, the other ordered orange. When I bought it on 12/10, I asked if they could swap the two and sell me the orange one. The dealer agreed, but rather than swap the two, he tried to change the color on his original order. Unfortunately, at that time no spec changes to pre-ordered Challengers were being accepted so the dealer asked the zone if they could intervene and change the color.

In my opinion, the dealer jumped through some hoops to get me what I wanted. In February, the dealer status sheet showed not one, but two Challengers ordered in my name. A black one in status "C" and an orange one in status "BG". At that time, the zone rep said he couldn't make the color change until the status changed to "D".

As of today 3/31, the status is "D", the color is HEMI ORANGE and my name is still on the order.

In 6 weeks, I fully expect to be driving it all over Virginia. If you see an orange challenger with Virginia tags that say "CHLNGR 8", that's me. I'll be smiling.

Quick Reply: My Challenger went to "D" status yesterday !!