Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

My last thread.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My last thread.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

You know, the really troubling thing about this whole thread is that here, Dodge dealers had a man who very much wanted to buy one of their products. Although their competitors are offering a similar product (yeah, yeah, I know there are LOTS of differences between a Challenger and a Vette, but at the end of the day, they are both sports cars) at a reduced price, those Dodge dealers would rather LOSE A CUSTOMER than give up 1 cent of profit.
Roswell Grey gets it!

Sorry to bump this old thread, but there is a reason.

Basically I was giving Dodge another chance at my money, a final attempt before real money is paid for the Vette.

Yesterday I went by my local Dodge dealership (Alvin, TX) and finally saw a white R/T and it was a very good looking car. Very good looking, the dark windows and window area was great when mixed in with the white color.........the contrast is what I am talking about. So the manager pulled up local auto R/T's blue color. Hardly any, and chances are the local dealer would not swap cars. The drive out cost for this auto R/T was right at 40,000.

I got to take a good test drive around the neighborhood, even do some performance driving, which was very cool. The performance was OK, about what a Mustang GT would do, however the Mustang will never look this good.

Now this is where it gets 'interesting'.

The manager could not guarantee me a car, even if special ordering it. Per him (and he showed me the screen and he comes off as a stand up guy) their dealership will only get in a very few R/T's and SRT8's. Basically even if I had one built he could not guarantee me delivery. What kind of crap is this? I am doing everything I can to keep the Challenger in my future, and Dodge keeps blowing any chances at my business.

He would sell me a R/T at MSRP, but not a SRT8.

As I mentioned earlier, I am getting the Vette at 500 over invoice, so I have a loaded out Vette (2LT, exhaust, auto, gear) at 48200 drive out versus a R/T at 40,000 drive out, versus a SRT8 at about 46000 drive out. I have no kids, only the wife and myself, so the lack of a back seat is a moot point. The insurance for the SRT8 and Vette is within 10 bucks of each other, per month.

Any bad feelings I have had about not getting a Challenger was put to rest yesterday. When a man can't sit down and special order a car and be guaranteed delivery, especially early in the model year, something is very wrong. Thanks to the fact I work for an electric utility company, and Ike just let me earn more money than I could have ever imagined (8300 take home for two weeks of 16 hour days 7 days a week), putting down a large deposit or down payment wasn't a problem.

At the end of the day I don't feel sorry for myself. I feel sorry for the Dodge salespeople that are ready to ship out cars, but don't have them to ship out. In a few months all the Challenger fever could very well turn into Camaro fever, as these cars are in the same market.

Dodge did 75% great with the Challenger, but they lost 25% when cars aren't available, nor could be guaranteed if ordered, basically Dodge lacked the strength to close the deal.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:01 PM

Deciding between a brawn new Vette or a brawn new Challenger ... life could be worse !!!!!!

lol good luck and let us know.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:00 PM

Yo Goat!!!
I just stopped by by my dodge dealer today actually... and they had a White R/T also it had everything but the 20inch rims... it had the 18's and the decal kit that goes down the side one like ANDRE has on here where it staggers off...
Price was 33k and change so where ever you went they are screwing you bad man... I really like white now after seeing it in person too. I've always loved Any Car in the Color Black (YOU KNOW HOW IT'S FASTER AND ALL) but now im thinking I could go with either one.
The only thing about the white that i'd change is the spoiler I'd have to get a black one to accent it.. I don't like how it's the same color as the car, seems to clash too much. And definatly the 20inch rims... but for 33k I could definatly do that I was thinking hard today...
Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 PM

Sorry about the re-post but bro you need to do some more shopping... Im here in North Florida, I don't know where you live, but man....[&:]
Old 10-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Kris,

I forget were you in St aug?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:34 PM

I live in the Houston area.

Here is the blue R/T auto, fully loaded that I had mentioned in a prior post. http://www.springcjd.com/newdodge.as...oryId=25706650 So if they sell it for 38,536.50, the cost drive out is over 40,000. Just not worth it, IMHO.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM

Vettes come with an LT2? I thought they put the LS3 in the new ones?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:44 PM

I ordered a white R/T in early July for MSRP and it was built & delivered to the dealer within 6 weeks (too bad the delivery guy backed it into a pole!).

I reordered a white R/T on Sept 15 this time for MSRP - $1000 and it was built last Thursday (less than a month), it was put on a truck @ Brampton on Thurs and it is due at my dealer this Tuesday.

So I don't know who you're dealing with out there, but I've had 2 white R/Ts built for me in the past few months, 1 for MSRP and 1 for MSRP - $1000.

I think Dodge DOES have the cars for MSRP or UNDER, I just don't think YOU have a dealer! Before you give up totally on a Challenger, is there some other dealer out your way who you can give a try?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Yep im an "Auggie Doggy"[8D]...
South on A1A close to Crescent Beach...
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Riptide

Vettes come with an LT2? I thought they put the LS3 in the new ones?
The 2LT is a dress up package, and yes the Vette has a LS3.

ORIGINAL: telecast76

I reordered a white R/T on Sept 15 this time for MSRP - $1000 and it was built last Thursday (less than a month), it was put on a truck @ Brampton on Thurs and it is due at my dealer this Tuesday.

So I don't know who you're dealing with out there, but I've had 2 white R/Ts built for me in the past few months, 1 for MSRP and 1 for MSRP - $1000.

I think Dodge DOES have the cars for MSRP or UNDER, I just don't think YOU have a dealer!
I feel that the R/T linked to is still too overpriced, even at MSRP <1000. I would still rather have the SRT8 for the money differential. Just my humble opinion and not trying to start a flame war.

Quick Reply: My last thread.