Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

new Challenger R/T write-up!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Challenger R/T write-up!

found this link on the lxforums...pretty damn good review and great pics too.

http://www.spokentorque.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741

this part makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:

When I returned home, I figured my husband would be eagerly awaiting a lengthy cruise in the car. Instead, I was met with disappointment when the first words he uttered were “It’s not an SRT”. I explained that he had no idea what the R/T model had to offer, and that he should reserve his opinions until AFTER he rode in the car, as it might surprise him in the same way it surprised me.

The husband has always been an “all or nothing” kind of guy. Either something is nice, or it isn’t. It’s fast or it’s slow. It’s a top-of-the-line model, or it’s mediocre. Under normal circumstances, the R/T might have been a hard sell. However, within five minutes, he learned everything he needed to know about the Challenger R/T. His eyes lit up like Clark Griswold’s house in “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”. For a moment, he was awe-struck, and completely speechless. But when the words finally began to flow, I thought they’d never stop. He spoke of the beauty of the car, and how Dodge “absolutely nailed it”, in terms of design. He stated that he was shocked by the performance of the 5.7L, and boasted about how certain he was that the R/T would blow the doors off of our Mustang with a modified-to-the-hilt 5.0. His next statement was bewildering. It’s something I never expected to hear from someone who is so unimpressed by modern performance cars, someone who is completely hell-bent on classic iron.

“Other cars don’t matter anymore. This one is what it’s all about”.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:03 AM

Default RE: new Challenger R/T write-up!

Good writeup....a must read. The "decoy infant" was a bit of a dog...but..oh well. I think she sold him on the car...as he said "Other cars don't matter anymore. This one is what it's all about" I think he has a new illness, it's call "Challenger on the Brain" (Take two Challenger drives and call me in the morning)
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM

Default RE: new Challenger R/T write-up!

gotta love the Clark Grizwald reference