Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

New Colors for 2009

Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Colors for 2009

Red, Blue, Gray, White

These are the same old boring colors that most new cars come in.
I'm dissapointed that there aren't any fun colors added like sublime and plum crazy.
Challenger is supposed to be a fun car so why didn't they let us have fun colors for it?
Red and blue are not too bad, but they're not my favorite car colors. Gray is awful, and why do
they need to offer gray when silver is already being offered. So hemi orange is still the
only fun color they're offering. Right now I'm strongly inclined to get a white one and
paint it plum crazy.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:34 AM

Default RE: New Colors for 2009

The choices shown on dodge.com aren't any better. Maroon? Dark Bluish? I sincerely hope that color list isn't finished yet or I will be waiting until 2010. Go to redletterdodge.com. Scroll down and read the blog entry asking what colors people want to see.

The answers are plum crazy, sublime, yellow, etc. I do not see a single person asking for maroon or dark blue.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:42 AM

for some reason those colors make the cost of the car go up
Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM

Fine! Charge me for it! But looking at live shots of the blue it's actually pretty nice. It's still not sublime though.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:58 PM

Sublime would be awesome! Sublime with black decals is one of my favorite schemes for a muscle car.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:15 PM

I read conflicting reports. Dodge.com list one silver, but on several posts here I saw Titanium listed. I saw a Mustang in a titanuim tyoe color, and thought that was sharp.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:37 PM

Dodge is probably saving these cool colors for special edition Challengers. They offered these types of colors for limited Chargers, remember? The only problem is more money and even more waiting. [&:]

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

Red, Blue, Gray, White

These are the same old boring colors that most new cars come in.
I'm dissapointed that there aren't any fun colors added like sublime and plum crazy.
Challenger is supposed to be a fun car so why didn't they let us have fun colors for it?
Red and blue are not too bad, but they're not my favorite car colors. Gray is awful, and why do
they need to offer gray when silver is already being offered. So hemi orange is still the
only fun color they're offering. Right now I'm strongly inclined to get a white one and
paint it plum crazy.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:13 PM

Well its going to be a 2010 for me since I dont see any Hemi Orange and I cant swing a 08 SRT.
Maybe the 6.4 will show for that model.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:28 PM

Im sure if you keep glued to dodge.com you will see that they will add perhaps one retro color at a time every now and then. Kind of phase them in and out every so often. I may hold off until i see they are offering one and then hurry and place my order for one. I gotta tell ya though,even the base SE doesnt look too bad and the r/t is pretty sweet too. Who knows they may even start offering some buyer incentives like 0% financing or maybe even discounts on option packages. Either way i think they finally got it right this time with the exception of the colors thing. Hey at least they didnt drop the ball like they did with the charger. A 4 door charger...........EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Where is the Plum Crazy for 2009.5 when you need one?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: New Colors for 2009