Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

New Colors for 2009

Old 03-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Colors for 2009

My view is "Earl Shive will paint your Challenger for $49.95; that's right $49.95".....

I'm w/ you Lear. Those colors will come soon enough. I was starting to take a liking to Sublime; when it wasn't offered in Sublime, I decided "OK, still looks good in Hemi Orange". If it weren't available in Hemi Orange, Black and so on.

I don't think there are too many colors where this car won't look striking. Now, if I didn't like the sheet metal or powertrain offering...that could get a little sticky......

I am more and more comfortable w/ July '09....figure see what's on the horizon, have better pricing on the 09's.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:58 AM

lear4406 - you have me all wrong, whining you say. Is it not whining to ask for a vendor to produce what clients want. It is good business to listen, epepcially for 45K.

I too am a die hard Mopar man. I have owned mopars before I could drive. So lighten up, grumpy.

And no, I am not appreciative that Dodge is making the Challenger, I am pleased.
It gives me the option to buy one if it makes financial and family sense. Please remember, none of us in this forum NEED a Dodge Challenger, we all WANT one. So look in the mirror man, and notice who is staring back.

Now since we all recognize ourselves, it is reasonable to ask for it the way we want it. Additionally, I think many of us here have been waiting a long time, so of course we can and will wait a bit longer. Geez, stop drinking coffee, if you think everyone who expresses their desires in this self indulgent forum is whining. [sm=imsmilin.gif]

So in the end, we all get what we want, most of us get what we deserve but none of us get it.
It's a riddle. Hint: 66 books

See ya behind the wheel, better be fast off the light. 8^)

09_( ! red | black | silver)_manual_6.1L_Challenger_SRT8

ps. My daughter says she is positive they will have green. I would listen to her. She is right about fashion things.
pps. A camaro, mustang and Challenger all say the same thing about us, we love American muscle. Life is good. Of course a Lambourgini Diablo isn't so bad either.[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 03-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Patience is a virtue. Hang in there.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:14 AM

What i dont understand is that i have seen plum crazy and sub-lime green chargers on the road so i figure it is just a matter of time before we see the challenger in those colors.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a day off and I'm a little less grumpy But I read the post again and I still see it as whining and crying, sorry but its like I have been saying in every post that mentions gripes about the Challenger. Henry Ford said you can have any color you like as long as its black. You will get the color you want or real close but being patient is what you have to do. Complaining is not going to get it done and again I state that I am most appreciative of Dodge to build this car. And when I look in the mirror... after I gasp and get over the face staring back at me I know that wanting one is as good as I will get one. If I wanted a color that Dodge does not offer I would of stated that, you seemed to me to go into a tanget about making and now or they were complete idiots to not do it. They would go out of business by not building it to one particular need. But you are intitled to your opinion and that is why we write on this board. If I've got you wrong on this then accept my apologies , seems like alot of complaining going on for a project that seemed impossible to make happen. MB bowing out, gas prices the whole green deal. Now we get what we asked for and sure its a compromise... but it real and its here. If we don't get what we want the after market will be there. I have built my 71 Challenger into what I wanted and it has come along way from where it started I guess thats what makes me APPRICIATE Dodge for building this car instead of another little mini gas sipper.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406
I guess thats what makes me APPRICIATE Dodge for building this car instead of another little mini gas sipper.
Exactly... good point! I too APPRECIATE that Dodge is WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK and build a car that they hope enough people will appreciate and buy, in spite of economic fears, gas prices, presidential election year... whatever. Dodge is betting a lot on this little project when they could take a much more conservative and safe approach. My hats off... and appreciation go out to Chrysler on this move.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

I think it's a beautiful car in any color. I agree, it's foolish not to hit this in full stride, there's enough room for improvement and gadgetry to manage hype and new features for demand.

Offer it with all the colors of years gone by, especially since per davecpa's very astute observation, Charger's are available in Sublime so it's not like they don't have the paint in their inventory. So why not offer it and realize the absolute maximum of sales when the it's white hot.

I'm curious, what the silver is going to look like? On the site, it's looks like a hotwheels car, might be kind of cool in its own right.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:17 PM

i really like the black... but the blue looks good too.... hummmm decisions decisions

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/EAA13FC70D2343ADB7D32C058B8366E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM

I Agree about the blue but I think I'll need to see it in person. The best ones I think are the blue and white. . . neither is sublime though and I can already feel the buyers remorse.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

If the blue could look this good outside of the computer, maybe...but I'm more inclined to go Hemi orange.

[IMG]local://upfiles/924/F7ABF4F4BAB041EDBE16A654ADDE83D7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: New Colors for 2009