Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

NEW EXHAUST FOR MY 2009 R/T

Old 09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW EXHAUST FOR MY 2009 R/T

If you are pushing the car, it will never happen.

You have to be cruising down the highway at a steady speed and on a 5.7L it will switch from 8 to 4 cylinders.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:20 PM

Yo Challenger... Im thinking about the Super 44's.... The only reason you didn't like them was too much interior noise??? If so fine by me more the marryier... Also did you do a catback or a full exhaust???? And you really saved 50 pounds?? Jeezus that's almost like getting horsepower by itself...
Hey Mopar!!! Everyone one of my friends that's ever put Glasspacks on his truck has broke them within the first year, I don't think I'd ever recomend those to anybody. From what i've heard they end up being a waste of money. A buddy I work with now got them because his Magnaflows weren't loud enough for him and what do you know about 2 months later one broke on him... Now he's going with Flowmasters... like I told him all along you can't go wrong with Flowmasters... Got them on my Hemi and love 'em[:-]... Had them for almost 5 years now and they still look great (4 inch tips)..
Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Hey Mopar!!! Everyone one of my friends that's ever put Glasspacks on his truck has broke them within the first year, I don't think I'd ever recomend those to anybody. From what i've heard they end up being a waste of money. A buddy I work with now got them because his Magnaflows weren't loud enough for him and what do you know about 2 months later one broke on him...
How could somebody possibly break a glasspack? Its about the simplest muffler I have ever seen in my life. Sounds like BS or they dont make "em anything like they used to...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM

They crack im pretty sure... and it sounds like crap is rattling around in the muffler... sounds so horrible...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Gosh guys in reading your posts, I am not sure if you know what is in them. All it is is stuffed fiberglass. When the stuff wears out from
heat, it just shoots out the back and now it has no fiberglass stuffing to mute the sounds. They normally are gone within 6 months to a year in normal use.

There is no physical piece of glass that cracks or anything else that raddles.

Once the material is gone, the mufflers get real loud and mean.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Not to mention cool.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
Not to mention cool.
Exactly!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:14 PM

Loud and mean??? I've heard some that sound god-awful... and some that didn't sound like the muffler next to it... So then the fiberglass breaks??? whatever they don't sound good IMO... not a very smoothe tone and more like a bee in a beer can...
I've honestly never heard Glasspacks sound very good unless they were brand new... and IMO there not that lound or throaty anyway... Like I said the guy I work with has a brand new Seirea 4x4 a lot like my 4x4 Hemi Ram.. only took GMC 5 years to catch up.. And his Glasspacks suck, he took them off and went with Flowmasters... A la the Hemi....He had his Glasspacks for about two months before they broke... to me they sound like a very poorly made product... I do know there cheap, but jeez...
Old 09-13-2008, 10:49 PM

I would guess that they were too loud...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Loud and mean??? I've heard some that sound god-awful... and some that didn't sound like the muffler next to it... So then the fiberglass breaks??? whatever they don't sound good IMO... not a very smoothe tone and more like a bee in a beer can...
I've honestly never heard Glasspacks sound very good unless they were brand new... and IMO there not that lound or throaty anyway... Like I said the guy I work with has a brand new Seirea 4x4 a lot like my 4x4 Hemi Ram.. only took GMC 5 years to catch up.. And his Glasspacks suck, he took them off and went with Flowmasters... A la the Hemi....He had his Glasspacks for about two months before they broke... to me they sound like a very poorly made product... I do know there cheap, but jeez...
Do you know what brand of glass packs he got? It must have a solid piece of fiberglass that broke or possible it is a manufacturing defect.
Does anybody else have this same brand that does the same thing.

Most designs use fiberglass stuffing and after time it chips into small pieces that fly out the back.......like a piece of spaghetti (before it is boiled) and it is small and goes out the exhaust.