Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

News 0n the 2009's

Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some New News 0n the 2009's

You guys are all like a bunch of little kids asking "are we there yet?" over and over, except you're asking your dealer "Can I order my 2009 yet?", "Is my 2008 being built yet?", huh? is it? huh? is it?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

You guys are all like a bunch of little kids asking "are we there yet?" over and over, except you're asking your dealer "Can I order my 2009 yet?", "Is my 2008 being built yet?", huh? is it? huh? is it?
And your point is ... ???

Old 03-12-2008, 08:16 PM

someone told me that they can produce and sell ethanol for $4 per gallon... thus gas should not go above $4 per gallon... but i am going to buy some BP petroleum stock just in case and then when gas does go up i will be like... "yes!! show me the money".
Old 03-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Right on white heat. If you're in it for 09 then why shouldn't you be anticipating the most incredible thing in the existence of history of all thin......OK...I might be overstating it!

But I'm waiting for mid 09. Call me wacky; and redundant or to save time Wackdundant or Redundacky, however you choose, but here.....again.....is my reasoning:

In July-ish 09, I believe I'll be able to see backward at value, present at options and future at "Is anything better on the horizon?". Furthermore, I think (I hope) I'll have enough information to make the decision on where to go and at what level. (rolly my own R/T or stocker SRT?)

OK, this has given me impetus for a survey. Stay tuned (hack. Right?)

Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

But I'm waiting for mid 09. Call me wacky; and redundant or to save time Wackdundant or Redundacky, however you choose, but here.....again.....is my reasoning:

In July-ish 09, I believe I'll be able to see backward at value, present at options and future at "Is anything better on the horizon?". Furthermore, I think (I hope) I'll have enough information to make the decision on where to go and at what level.
I am definitely waitng for 2009.5 as well. I wonder of the NY Auto show will shed any light.......just wishful thinking.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: davecpa

someone told me that they can produce and sell ethanol for $4 per gallon... thus gas should not go above $4 per gallon...
So much for that prediction! I've been telling people gas would be $4.50 to $5.00 this summer for quite a while!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:11 PM

so did my highschool economics teacher.... smart man and i actually believed his teachings.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 AM

We may be having like children, but Chrysler has promised us something like irresponsible parents.

If you want to go to this really great movie, be ready to go at XX:XX time. We're waiting at the door with them changing what the movie is, How much we are going to contribute to the ticket (depending how much we want to go), whether we have to pay for popcorn and soda (what size of course), what day/time, and all this while we have compelling opportunities with friends to do anything from watching TV, going to another movie all through going to DisneyWorld - all that won't happen while we're waiting at the door.

Tell us what we are getting and when we can get it. I'm in this wait for a cool e-ride ticket at DisneyWorld (a great looking powerful retro looking recreation of the Challenger in my garage). I'm not going to fund all the hurt Chrysler has seen by mismanagement through the years by paying a gouging dealer. Make the financial choice a reasonable one - I thought the reason behing the pretty steep $40k start price was to avoid haggling. What is this recent dealer communication saying they would sell their allocated cars at market value - what the heck is market value??? $35k the price of a Mustang GT - doubt it!

Decide, communicate, execute and stop screwing with us!

We have waited 35 years for this car to be built again, I can't/won't wait another 35 years since I'll be too old to enjoy it.

I want to be driving that car today!

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

Old 03-17-2008, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mikeypatty

I called chrysler last week to check the status of my order and they told me 08 challenger started being built Feb 26th. I do not no if this is true. This is my first post on this site.

So you called Chrysler ?

I run a Dodge dealership and have about 1,000 numbers to people that have no idea what is up with the Challenger so who exactly did you call ? LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: mikeypatty

... they told me 08 challenger started being built Feb 26th. I do not no if this is true...
Definitely NOT TRUE. Retail production has not started yet, and will not until next month, as originally planned...

Quick Reply: News 0n the 2009's