Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

News 0n the 2009's

Old 03-17-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some New News 0n the 2009's

i want my challenger and i want it now!

And yes i was joking. I dont mind waiting as long as i get a good price.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:53 PM

Dealers will be taking orders in may!! all the details tomorrow
Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 PM

I've been following the development of the Challenger since some time in 2006. I went to the Woodward Dream Cruise last year. I was aware of the 12/3/07 order date for the 2008 SRT. I was at the Chicago Auto Show this year. I missed the live broadcast at the New York Auto Show regarding the 2009's. I've had minimal contact with dealers in all this time (just a couple of phone calls). I have never bought a car as it is being rolled out for the first time and I have not even bought a new car in 8 years. I am considering a 2009 R/T or SRT. I have some questions:

1) Will we be able to place deposits on 2009 R/Ts or SRTs at dealerships in April or May? What is a common deposit amount? $1000?
2) Do people think the demand will be so great for the 2009 R/T's that I need to consider placing a deposit in April or May?
3) Do people think the demand will be so great for the 2009 SRT's that I need to consider placing a deposit in April or May?
4) Won't the first 3,000 or so 2009 SRTs go to the people that bought the 2008 SRTs last, but didn't make the production cut-off?
5) When would be the earliest I can go to a dealership and actually see the various R/T colors in person for comparison prior to deposit / down payment? Since I was at the Chicago Auto Show I did see Hemi Orange, Silver, and Black in person, but I'd probably need to see these in person for comparison and so that I can see them in real sunlight (except Hemi Orange concept which I saw at Woodward).
6) No dealer asks that you make a down payment prior to the car being on the lot, right? Only a deposit?
7) I've read the 2009's will be on lots in August / September. Does that sound right? So will I have to wait until then to actually compare colors?

Don't feel like you need to reply to all questions, but whatever ones you can, please do. Just use the question number to reply. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:58 PM

1) Will we be able to place deposits on 2009 R/Ts or SRTs at dealerships in April or May? What is a common deposit amount? $1000?
2) Do people think the demand will be so great for the 2009 R/T's that I need to consider placing a deposit in April or May?
3) Do people think the demand will be so great for the 2009 SRT's that I need to consider placing a deposit in April or May?
4) Won't the first 3,000 or so 2009 SRTs go to the people that bought the 2008 SRTs last, but didn't make the production cut-off?
5) When would be the earliest I can go to a dealership and actually see the various R/T colors in person for comparison prior to deposit / down payment? Since I was at the Chicago Auto Show I did see Hemi Orange, Silver, and Black in person, but I'd probably need to see these in person for comparison and so that I can see them in real sunlight (except Hemi Orange concept which I saw at Woodward).
6) No dealer asks that you make a down payment prior to the car being on the lot, right? Only a deposit?
7) I've read the 2009's will be on lots in August / September. Does that sound right? So will I have to wait until then to actually compare colors?

1) Keep informed on this site. You'll know the exact date the order banks will open. The amount depends on the dealership. My dealer wanted $5000. for the 08, but accepted $2000. Just ask around. It's their job to work with you.
2) If you want the car and a dealer can put a fair price in writting putting in a deposit is a good idea. There will be a demand. If your the type you has to see a car in person first before putting a deposit you'll need to be patient.
4) Many of these people will be getting their deposits back and have to reorder when the new banks open. Some will cancel because they really wanted only a 08. Some will get their deposts back because the excitement has worn off and they no longer want the Challenger. Some will tell the dealer to hold their deposits and reorder. Others will want different models and colors now being offered. It all depends on the individual.
5) This may be hard at first because the Challenger will be selling quite well at first. Have your salesman call you when certain models and colors arrive. You can check them out before the customer signs on the dotted line and drives off.
6) A deposit should be acceptable.
7) September sounds about right. Stay tuned, this site has new information everyday. If you need to see colors in person, then yes. Unless there's a car show comming near your area thats going to feature some new Challengers.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:03 AM

ORIGINAL: MFIllini5

My dealer required $2k deposit... actual dealer deposits may vary...

YES, once these start hitting the streets there will be many people who have never even heard of this car that will gotta have one!

YES, see question 2)

I would be certain that dealers who are on top of thier game will be offering 2009 orders up to those on thier "list" who missed the 2008 MY Challengers. Some will fall off due to various reasons described in the previous post.

The 2009 Challengers will PROBABLY be flying off the shelves of your local dealer would be my guess, but you never know with the current economy, fuel prices, etc.. Might be tough to find enough at one dealer at one time to do an actual side by side comparison. I'd say chances of that would likely be pretty slim... but, who knows, maybe you could get lucky. I would suggest keeping in close contact with any and all local dealers who might be getting some in.

I don't think any reputable dealer would ask for an actual down payment on a product they do not have in inventory, but would likely require a deposit to instill a sense of commitment from the customer if they are going to order and hold a car specifically for you.

August / September sounds right to me. It sounds as though production is slated to begin in July, so I would guess the first 2009's should be showing up in August, but who knows what could happen to timelines and all leading up to that time.

Don't feel like you need to reply to all questions, but whatever ones you can, please do. Just use the question number to reply. Thanks!
These are guesses based solely on information I have been able to discern through my ventures on the web, dealer contacts, Chrysler customer service, etc.. Your actual results may vary.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:09 AM

I know there are some dealers that are taking $1000 deposits right now for 09's.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Any intel on the Heritage R/T package?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:47 PM

Well I might as well jump on with the rest of the people being ticked off we dont have any cars or infomation on whats going on . I was hopeing to get my car in early may and dodge says it has a build date for early may and im still in D stauts .I think its only fair all of us that have 08s should have some time to enjoy them before the 09s hit the street .And I agree we are all going to get hosed on the gas prices no matter how much profit they make . I just wish they would give nice weekly updates on whats going on just intrupt all the news about politics give us a once aweek update every wensday at 1 so we all no whats going on .[:@]
Old 04-21-2008, 06:33 PM

Yep, I feel like a mushroom also. How do you go about getting a build date? My dealer says he can only see status.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:42 PM

I believe build date is available once your order reaches D1 status... or possibly shortly after.

Quick Reply: News 0n the 2009's