Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

No Challenger convertible to be offered

Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Challenger convertible to be offered

Shouldn't they produce a 2009 SRT befeore even thinking about a convertible?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 AM

I was really wanting a convertible... especially if it was going to come with the 6.4... Wife did not. Guess she wins again... [:@]
Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

I was really wanting a convertible... especially if it was going to come with the 6.4... Wife did not. Guess she wins again... [:@]
Rule Number One in marrage: Wife is always right!
She said, lets buy the new Challenger, and who was I to break Rule Number One........
Old 10-09-2008, 09:47 AM

i believe the 6.4 will be availble in the 2010 SRT-8 putting out 470hp
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 AM

Rule #2 is always refer to Rule #1.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

She said, lets buy the new Challenger, and who was I to break Rule Number One........
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

With a wife who wants to but a challenger, Rule #1 is not so bad... What if she was hankering for an 05 Pontiac Aztek** though? Then I would refer to clause 1a: "Unless she is bats**t crazy"

**I apologize in advance to the proud owners and operators of that marvel of modern engineering and design that is the the Pontiac Aztek. My intent was not to offend the three of you, I am a mere mortal and cannot understand the divine graces of this magical chariot. Comments are intended for entertainment purposes only.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Thor77

**I apologize in advance to the proud owners and operators of that marvel of modern engineering and design that is the the Pontiac Aztek. My intent was not to offend the three of you, I am a mere mortal and cannot understand the divine graces of this magical chariot. Comments are intended for entertainment purposes only.
If you go back and watch the first season of "Dark Angel" (now available packaged with the complete 1991 "Dark Shadows" series for a mere $14.95 at Target), you'll see that Pontiac Azteks were the ONLY vehicle able to survive the damage of the electromagnetic pulse that brought down the entire U.S. economy.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM

[/quote]

With a wife who wants to but a challenger, Rule #1 is not so bad... What if she was hankering for an 05 Pontiac Aztek** though? Then I would refer to clause 1a: "Unless she is bats**t crazy"

It helps to do a little advance salesmanship, and threat of bringing another project car (a 1970 Challlenger) home helped in her deciding to go with a new "running" Mopar.
(I have also had the forethought to bring her to various Mopar shows inorder to sell her on "having to buy" a Mopar......)
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM

Admittedly I did have to agree to let go of the 1944 Valiant 273 V8 2 door coupe, and the 1967 2 door VIP Fury 383 comando, for the running Challenger... but after all... the decision was hers...
Old 10-09-2008, 01:59 PM

She made you get ride of your 1944 Valiant, mopar? Doesn't she respect one-of-a-kind cars?

In my case, I told my wife, "I'm buying a Challenger. Now fix me whiskey and steak! And make it quick!" I was dreaming at the time, of course.

Quick Reply: No Challenger convertible to be offered