Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Perspective

Old 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perspective

We've been remembering the muscle car void that was the late 70s early 80s. Well, think back to 1992 when the first Viper was launched. Remember how amazing the V10 power was and how we were all blown away that Dodge had the balls to bring it to market. Go check out the performance specs of the original Vipers.

Now take a look at the specs for the V8 Challengers...8-D

Old 12-11-2008, 05:36 AM

Default RE: Perspective

The late 70s and early 1980s were truly 'the dark ages' in regards to performance cars........
(looks as if we may be headed for another repeat of this dark time for performance and the muscle car)
Old 12-11-2008, 05:41 AM

Buy your hemi Challenger now! I don't think they will be around for long the way it's going. This truly is the last era of the American Musclecar as we know it.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Men will always have a need for speed... they will just come up with new and different ways to get there...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 PM

We'll all be driving around in Tesla Roadsters, Dodge EV's and Ariel Atoms.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:06 PM

I can live with that vision... as long as I can keep my fire breathing internal cumbustion hemi V8 for weekend pleasure...
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 AM

Sounds like it's time for a remake of "The Last Chase": *This time with a New Challenger..

It's a movie with Lee Majors from 1981 showing us a world in which the Government has out lawed the use of all petroleum products.....(see review below)

If you have ever wanted to see Lee Majors siphoning regular gas from tanks abandoned 40 years ago and using it in a Formula I (actually a can-am racer) Car while chased by Burgess Meredith in an F-86 Sabre Jet, this is the film for you. I'm afraid that if you have never had this particular fantasy, you might want to avoid this film. Majors plays a professional race car driver forced to give up his career and dismantle his car by a US government which has outlawed petroleum use. Now let's just play along here and lets ignore the fact that the petroleum and defense industries have been the most valuable players in the election of most of the US's recent right-wing executives, and a few of the lefties too - so let's ignore this impossibility of the basic premise - and let's not even ask how these people are generating electricity, etc. I didn't notice any nukes.... Anyway. Steve Austin...ummm sorry.... Lee Majors' character decides to leave for, of all places, California, where people have not realized that petroleum use is a desire, not a right, and are carrying on the same sort of destructive culture the rest of the USA has apparently disavowed. Believability is, of course not an issue here, as the viewer is never challenged to accept any of this absurdity.

Anyway, it's one of those 1980's the car is a bad thing and the earth will be coming to and end because of those that love gas burning auto's type movies...(Fun to watch at least once...just be sure and have your Lee Major's hearing aid turned up so that you don't miss any of the great lines...)