Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/poll-first-block-wait-good-price-1302/)

chill21genlee 05-02-2007 04:26 PM

POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

Just curious to see how many will buy ASAP even if there are substantial gouges (markups) and how many will wait

lear4406 05-02-2007 04:45 PM

RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

I would pay more than MSRP, but not by much. Maybe 10% but not anymore than that. I'm single and 48 years old so I understand anyone who is not willing to go over. I have walked in their shoes, as I have raised a family myself and budgeted my money closly. But now I'm free to spend as I please.

RLSH700 05-02-2007 10:29 PM

I will wait until it is down around MSRP. chill21genlee, the poll has already ended and no one can vote, do you want me to fix it to where it will have no deadline?

chill21genlee 05-03-2007 11:39 AM

Yes, please, I checked the box for "No deadline", but it must not have taken.. or perhaps it was user error..

Thanks!

Thor77 05-03-2007 12:31 PM

Poll seems to be broken. I would have checked not a cent more than MSRP, because I probably won't be able to afford anything more. I'm resigned to wait about a year for that to happen.

chill21genlee 05-03-2007 05:03 PM

Yeah, I feel the same way. I set the poll to have no expiration, but instead it expired immediately.... what can you do... All I know is that I have dreams about this car about once a week, I can't wait, but I still won't pay more for something than it's worth, no matter how much I want it!

ORIGINAL: Thor77

Poll seems to be broken. I would have checked not a cent more than MSRP, because I probably won't be able to afford anything more. I'm resigned to wait about a year for that to happen.

Big Mag Wheel 05-04-2007 01:42 PM

Already on the list for the first one at MSRP. Canada though.

Cuda340 05-04-2007 05:17 PM

I will wait for 2009- better price, more options, less "bugs." :)

awsure 05-05-2007 12:11 AM

I am hoping to get a deal through my brother in law close to MSRP.

rasonjason92 05-07-2007 02:28 AM

I agree with Cuda340. I'm waiting till 2009 as well for the same reasons. I have a wife a kids and on what the Army pays me having to save now for my Challenger down payment. Just to insure my monthly note is reasonable.

RLSH700 05-08-2007 10:17 PM

There its fixed now. Sorry it took me so long to get it fixed, I've been busy. You can all go ahead and vote now.

wirewilly 05-09-2007 05:10 AM

I'm waiting for the 392 HEMI. I have stock in GOODYEAR & EXXON!:D

lear4406 05-09-2007 05:34 AM

I don't have to be the first on the block,but I'm getting the feeling I will.:D Steve Miller song kicks in time keeps on ticking ticking ticking into the future.;) And I hope it ends with Bruce Springsteen tramps like us... baby we were born to run. Definetly cold wheels fuel injected and steppin out over the line. Yeah baby yeah!:D Sorry, just the thought makes me 30 years younger and brings out my immature part.;)

RoswellGrey 05-09-2007 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, you didn't give the option of buying a used one FOUR years from the intro date. That's what I did with my '70. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

ManGO 05-10-2007 05:21 AM

I want to be the first in my area to get one. And I know I can be. BUT I got burned on first year releases (Charger) So I will do my best on waiting until the 09's come out.
One huge monkey wrench in my plan would my dealer ordering a Black Challenger on his own. Then its game over, where do I sign?
I feed my dealer all the info I can about Chargers and now Challengers. Im trying to be careful not to tell him of a color Im wanting. :D

ED1971PA 05-13-2007 08:13 AM

I am waiting to see if they make a 'cuda or at the very least a Convertible and those weren't choices on the poll.

1972dodge 06-03-2007 02:20 PM

Wake up people! The first year the Challenger comes out is when you want to buy it.Anyone ever hear about the 1970 AAR T/A Challenger?It was the only year it was made.The first year the Challenger came out was the best.Lets see, do you think the big wigs at Chrysler are thinking the same?Yes!Be smart about your purchase.Do not let the sales people talk you into paying over MSRP no matter what they say!!!!If they do not want to sell it to you at MSRP walk away.Come back in a couple of days and see if they want to sell you the car for MSRP.If they still do not, walk away and go to another car dealer or order one.You might have to wait but it would be worth it.Oh......about the bugs........there is a spray for that called the warranty!

MotionParts.com 06-14-2007 10:09 AM

Really depends where you are at in life. 24 and just getting out of college, it might be hard to do anything -except- wait 5 years for a cheap one :)

markfromaurora 06-27-2007 07:30 AM

Msrp is alrite, and honestly i bet that in some areas you will be able to buy the challenger msrp right away. There is going to be competition price wise by the camaros and the mustangs so prices wont be able to be up there, i mean, at least for the r/t and v6. but the srt, hmm, i dunno, that may be marked up just like the mustang gt500. i would just like to have 0% apr, which is probably going to be impossible on my RT until a year or so after. Or ... how long did it take the charger rt's to have some dealerships with 0% APR for 60 months?

markfromaurora 06-27-2007 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: MotionParts.com

Really depends where you are at in life. 24 and just getting out of college, it might be hard to do anything -except- wait 5 years for a cheap one :)
OK you stated gettting out of college not high school... why would you have to wait five years? A college graduate not being able to afford a 320 per month car payment? Yeah right. Im an engineering student, and i am quite confident i will be able to afford a challenger rt. right after college, now im still living at home, so i will be able to get one even earlier.
-now i just wished i woudnt have been goin to college part time for the last three years, because now i gotta wait to get my degree a little longer.
Oh well- fresh college graduate(with good degree)- easy affordability of RT financed

mentallychallenged 08-08-2007 11:11 AM

I plan on buying as soon as available just for the wow factor on the road. I got a 300C early on and enjoyed the envious looks even if most of them were from other men (heck, even a car isn't going to get the ladies looking at me :) ). Now, 300s are a dime a dozen on the road (at least here in chicago). But Cuda340 has good points about letting Chrysler get the bugs out for 2009 model. My first year 300C though has run like a charm so hoping they have same track record for the first year Challenger.

georgejetson 08-08-2007 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 1972dodge

Wake up people! The first year the Challenger comes out is when you want to buy it.Anyone ever hear about the 1970 AAR T/A Challenger?It was the only year it was made.The first year the Challenger came out was the best.Lets see, do you think the big wigs at Chrysler are thinking the same?
No.

History isn't going to repeat itself here.

I happen to know that the most desirable options won't even be available until a couple model years in. Expect upgrades and new packages every year over the car's life cycle -- at least for the first four or five years -- just like Ford has done with the new Mustang.

joeyr 08-08-2007 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: mentallychallenged

I plan on buying as soon as available just for the wow factor on the road. I got a 300C early on and enjoyed the envious looks even if most of them were from other men (heck, even a car isn't going to get the ladies looking at me :) ). Now, 300s are a dime a dozen on the road (at least here in chicago). But Cuda340 has good points about letting Chrysler get the bugs out for 2009 model. My first year 300C though has run like a charm so hoping they have same track record for the first year Challenger.
My dad was the same way with his magnum, we used to count the stares[sm=chattypair.gif][sm=drooldude.gif].

Jeremiah 29:11 08-08-2007 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

ORIGINAL: 1972dodge

Wake up people! The first year the Challenger comes out is when you want to buy it.Anyone ever hear about the 1970 AAR T/A Challenger?It was the only year it was made.The first year the Challenger came out was the best.Lets see, do you think the big wigs at Chrysler are thinking the same?
No.

History isn't going to repeat itself here.

I happen to know that the most desirable options won't even be available until a couple model years in. Expect upgrades and new packages every year over the car's life cycle -- at least for the first four or five years -- just like Ford has done with the new Mustang.
If history repeats itself in 35 years many of us will be dead or too old to drive. I for one will get the best car which may be the 2nd year and enjoy as much as I can
then pass it down to my kids after I am gone. I am not going to do the shoulda, woulda, coulda thing.

ericisbacchus 08-13-2007 11:58 AM

I went with waiting 5 years. It's not a hard choice when it's your only option. Oh well. I might win the Powerball Wednesday.

08plumcrazy 08-14-2007 06:41 AM

Found this today.

http://comcast.vehix.com/research/pr...nger&year=2008

Pricing seems reasonable, but wonder if that includes the 6.1. Probably not.

awsure 08-14-2007 08:09 AM

Sorry, but that is no more credible than me posting a price. We'll know when dealers have em on the floor probably...not much before.

stevelegel 08-14-2007 04:17 PM

I'm ready for first on the block. Don't want to buy a used one, have history with Thunderbird, keep in touch with dealer salesman, going to Wednesday's premier night, planning to go to Chicago opening day for public in February.

When you've got the fever...you've got the fever. what can I say?

I want pictures of my new Challenger next to my Go Mango Orange '70 Challenger!
Steve

Dutchmaster151 08-29-2007 04:59 AM

I work for a dodge dealer. I can see us jacking the price up at least 5000 for the first ones that come in. My bet is that the car will be the hottest thing since the pt cruiser was in 01. people paying up to 10000 over msrp for one.

awsure 08-29-2007 10:03 AM

Think you can get employee pricing?

RoswellGrey 08-29-2007 04:02 PM

And would you like to make a LOT of friends REAL fast? :D

Albeeno 10-24-2007 12:22 PM

I'll pay MSRP + markup; sell my Mother; surrender a testicle, a kidney, my right arm...I don't care what it takes!!! Just make it a manual tranny and paint `er plum crazy purple and I'm sold!

WhiteHeat 10-24-2007 12:56 PM

Hmmmm...

Surrendering your right arm for a manual tranny....

Trying to picture how that would work..... :eek:

Plum70Rag 10-25-2007 06:09 PM

Five years? How about fifteen or twenty? I'll wait and look for a clapped out one around 2025 or 2030. It worked with the Challenger I have now! :)

Albeeno 10-26-2007 04:40 AM

Yeah, I kinda screwed up there a little bit, didn't I?

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

Hmmmm...

Surrendering your right arm for a manual tranny....

Trying to picture how that would work..... :eek:

DSkippy 10-26-2007 06:47 AM

DOAH!

Chris 12-24-2007 08:14 AM

Can't buy until 2009 anyway, but I would only buy at MSRP. The dealer does fine selling at MSRP, no need to just give away money to the dealer. It's sad that there's going to be some sap(s) who fork over $70,000+ for an '08 Challenger.

DSkippy 12-24-2007 09:02 AM

Nah....it's happy! :D Either the guy's rich enough not to worry, in love enough not to care, or too dumb to know which kind of reverts this buyer back to "not to care"....

It's all good. '09 may be the ground swell year for Chally sales...so what if we don't have a rare one, I don't intend to sell mine ever so it won't matter.....

maybe convert it to internally combust hydrogen when petro's outlawed...but if goes fast who cares about the particulars of how it gets there!

Jeremiah 29:11 12-26-2007 08:23 AM

When the Mustang and Camaro get introduced the prices will come down. I am patient enough to save my money.

Albeeno 12-26-2007 08:40 AM

Not to be a jerk - but Mustang was introduced to the public at the New York World's Fair on April 17, 1964 and has NEVER ceased production! Unlike it's two biggest wannabe "competitors" / challengers....

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

When the Mustang and Camaro get introduced the prices will come down. I am patient enough to save my money.