Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
I'll pay anything to own one faster
7.27%
Want one fast, but 10% markup
15.45%
Want one fast, not a cent more than MSRP
25.45%
Will wait until MSRP or less
35.45%
Would never pay MSRP
11.82%
I'm so cheap I will buy one used 5 years from now
4.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

Old 05-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

There its fixed now. Sorry it took me so long to get it fixed, I've been busy. You can all go ahead and vote now.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 AM

I'm waiting for the 392 HEMI. I have stock in GOODYEAR & EXXON!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have to be the first on the block,but I'm getting the feeling I will. Steve Miller song kicks in time keeps on ticking ticking ticking into the future. And I hope it ends with Bruce Springsteen tramps like us... baby we were born to run. Definetly cold wheels fuel injected and steppin out over the line. Yeah baby yeah! Sorry, just the thought makes me 30 years younger and brings out my immature part.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, you didn't give the option of buying a used one FOUR years from the intro date. That's what I did with my '70. [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:21 AM

I want to be the first in my area to get one. And I know I can be. BUT I got burned on first year releases (Charger) So I will do my best on waiting until the 09's come out.
One huge monkey wrench in my plan would my dealer ordering a Black Challenger on his own. Then its game over, where do I sign?
I feed my dealer all the info I can about Chargers and now Challengers. Im trying to be careful not to tell him of a color Im wanting.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:13 AM

I am waiting to see if they make a 'cuda or at the very least a Convertible and those weren't choices on the poll.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Wake up people! The first year the Challenger comes out is when you want to buy it.Anyone ever hear about the 1970 AAR T/A Challenger?It was the only year it was made.The first year the Challenger came out was the best.Lets see, do you think the big wigs at Chrysler are thinking the same?Yes!Be smart about your purchase.Do not let the sales people talk you into paying over MSRP no matter what they say!!!!If they do not want to sell it to you at MSRP walk away.Come back in a couple of days and see if they want to sell you the car for MSRP.If they still do not, walk away and go to another car dealer or order one.You might have to wait but it would be worth it.Oh......about the bugs........there is a spray for that called the warranty!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 AM

Really depends where you are at in life. 24 and just getting out of college, it might be hard to do anything -except- wait 5 years for a cheap one
Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 AM

Msrp is alrite, and honestly i bet that in some areas you will be able to buy the challenger msrp right away. There is going to be competition price wise by the camaros and the mustangs so prices wont be able to be up there, i mean, at least for the r/t and v6. but the srt, hmm, i dunno, that may be marked up just like the mustang gt500. i would just like to have 0% apr, which is probably going to be impossible on my RT until a year or so after. Or ... how long did it take the charger rt's to have some dealerships with 0% APR for 60 months?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: MotionParts.com

Really depends where you are at in life. 24 and just getting out of college, it might be hard to do anything -except- wait 5 years for a cheap one
OK you stated gettting out of college not high school... why would you have to wait five years? A college graduate not being able to afford a 320 per month car payment? Yeah right. Im an engineering student, and i am quite confident i will be able to afford a challenger rt. right after college, now im still living at home, so i will be able to get one even earlier.
-now i just wished i woudnt have been goin to college part time for the last three years, because now i gotta wait to get my degree a little longer.
Oh well- fresh college graduate(with good degree)- easy affordability of RT financed

Quick Reply: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price