Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Poor deal at Dallas Dodge

Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor deal at Dallas Dodge

I was all ready to buy my new Dodge Challenger at Dallas Dodge. After giving them a deposit for 1000.00 on the order date, I was notified by Mike Bell at Dallas Dodge that my Challenger had arrived. When I went to pick up my car I met with their GSM John Lukehart who told me that the car was in. When I went to pick up the car at Dallas Dodge I met with John Lukehart who told me that the car would now cost me 7K over MSRP??????? When I told him that the car was originally priced at 4K over MSRP and that the contract that I had stated the price that I paid for the car was already set, he basically told me that the GM named Steve Beasley told him no one was getting any Dodge Challengers at less than 7K to 10K over MSRP. After I argued with him back and fourth, they sent me a check for my deposit back. I shopped the area and found a dealer in Terrell Texas that sold me the same car for MSRP. The dealer name was Randell Knoll, and I would recommend them to anybody looking for this special car. The dealings with Steve Beasley at Dallas Dodge was no less than criminal in my mind.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 PM

Default RE: Poor deal at Dallas Dodge

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately this is a common problem. A few other members of this forum have had the same thing happen to them. You did the right thing. I hope you immediately drove to Dallas Dodge and rubbed their faces in it. If the pattern holds true, the car you ordered should sit on the lot for quite a while.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:13 PM

Funny that you say that. I did drive by there yesterday and I counted 8 on the ground and 1 in the showroom!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:17 PM

only 7-10k, my they were being very gentle with you...
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 PM

Why gentle? If I got the same car at MSRP at Randell Knoll in Terrell Texas which is only 30 miles east, so I would say that is a deal.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM

I say that because BBC Dodge in Seattle came back to me with 20k over. So,as for gentle well you get what I mean?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM

You could probably buy one in Texas like I did and have it shipped to you and still pocket 15K!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 AM

You sure you're not talking about Randall Noe Dodge in Terrell, TX? Never dealt with them but I've passed by them quite often in my travels to Dallas, it's good to know they hooked you up. I've seen Dallas Dodge also quite a bit (on I-635), I'll be sure to pass them up when it finally comes time to succumb and I'll keep Randall Noe in mind.

And good for you for standing your ground and not paying over MSRP. [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 08-06-2008, 04:31 AM

"was no less than criminal in my mind" Yes it was and you should sue them!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:37 AM

Actually, they did you a favor and saved you $4k!!!

Quick Reply: Poor deal at Dallas Dodge