Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Prices starting to fall

Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices starting to fall

Saw in the Autotrader (online ) there is a 2008 SRT for $15K. For those of us that haven't got one yet, the time may be drawing near, if Chrysler survives. If they don't survive, how many of us would still buy one ???
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Prices starting to fall

Come on, there's absolutely no way an 08 SRT is going for only 15K (hell, the numbered dash plaque alone on one of those is worth more than that).

For that price, either the car had to have been totaled in a wreck with a salvage title - or it's a misprint. OR, it's a total scam that awaits a total sucker (and, IMHO, if you're dumb enough to fall for such a scam, you deserve everything you get).
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Times are bad but who with half a mind would think a 40k car is going for 15k. It does not matter what kind of car you have today. If you got to unload it in this market you’re going to get hammered. After all; as with anything else demand will drive the price. Speaking of demand let’s look at the challenger.. On the other side you still have dealers wanting top dollar if they have one. You have another group wishing they could get one or get the car they ordered built. Even on ebaymotors they are selling in the upper 30's. As far as I am concerned Ebay is a cheap as it gets.. But there still is a group that thinks a garage queen with some dust on it is going to fall in their hands for 20k or less. I find all these talks about the cars light humor but do not make sense. Very counterproductive and it surprises me it comes from an enthusiast site …

As far as where Chrysler, Ford or GM or any corp. will be.. Who knows.. I hope they are still with us. But one thing for sure is they will not be the same. When I got my license it was at the end of the muscle car era. Well they were still around but had pitiful HP, Gear ratios to get as much MPG as you could from a 3 speed auto or 4 speed manual. Compression ratio of 7.. It was sad times..

So finally with the use of technology you can get a muscle car again. But someone decides were going to run out of oil and the world has to change in one day. So let’s drive the price thru the roof..Than we get into the most difficult economic times in many decades. So hear we are today crazy about a car that will not meet future requirements.

So what is my point.. I think the new Challenger is going to take the path of the old one. It came and went very fast. So if you have a 08 or a 09 or a RT or SRT, auto or stick. When things turn around you will not have to worry about the car selling for 15k. But on the other hand did you buy it for what you could sell it for or to enjoy the ride.

Sorry to rant on but these post about what your car is worth is bothering me a bit..
Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 AM

charger srt8s in b5 blue limited to 1000 are selling for 30k NEW and srt8 chargers are selling for 20k used......the challenger is following as it should....dahs plaques dont mean jack, they are worth as much as they cost to be made. just ask the owners of the limited to 300 srt8 chargers in plum crazy. guy with 4k miles on it cant even get rid of it for 28k. you should know american car values by now and in these times even lower.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 AM

Another Dash Plaque hater. Must own a R/t or SE.

If the plaque is so worthless why am I always getting offers for more then I paid for CRUSH #904.
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

charger srt8s in b5 blue limited to 1000 are selling for 30k NEW and srt8 chargers are selling for 20k used......the challenger is following as it should....dahs plaques dont mean jack, they are worth as much as they cost to be made. just ask the owners of the limited to 300 srt8 chargers in plum crazy. guy with 4k miles on it cant even get rid of it for 28k. you should know american car values by now and in these times even lower.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:30 AM

it's only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it
Old 02-13-2009, 10:37 AM

A collector stopped in my work and asked badge number and said he was looking for 500 or lower
because those were the collectible ones...go figure
Old 02-13-2009, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Another Dash Plaque hater. Must own a R/t or SE.

If the plaque is so worthless why am I always getting offers for more then I paid for CRUSH #904.
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

charger srt8s in b5 blue limited to 1000 are selling for 30k NEW and srt8 chargers are selling for 20k used......the challenger is following as it should....dash plaques dont mean jack, they are worth as much as they cost to be made. just ask the owners of the limited to 300 srt8 chargers in plum crazy. guy with 4k miles on it cant even get rid of it for 28k. you should know american car values by now and in these times even lower.

you know what they say there is a sucker born every minute..... I have seen the value of lx limited cars and how they are today and the challenger is part of the lx cars,,,,it will follow in it's footsteps. I dont own an RT or an SE ...I am saving up for an srt8. btw the one thing about RT and SE owners is they arent stuck up like you are. they enjoy their car and dont gloat about ..OMG GUYS my car has a sticker on the dash that says my car is limited. get real, do some research and crush wont no longer look attractive as a collectible.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:49 AM

I had to go look at this again, as the commentary from the forum regading this was suprising, and yes, a 2008 SRT for sale for $15K. Look it up if you are a non-believer. Not hard to imagine in this current economic climate that someone MAY have lost a job and needs $$$$$$.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:05 PM

In the short term, I do not see the dash plaques having much effect on value.

But who knows, at Barrett-Jackson 2052 some eccentric billionaire may pay a million dollars for a limited edition Challenger, and then spend 20 million dollars on a vat full of special bacteria that turn yard waste and sunlight into crude oil so he can drive it to his hearts content. Then the People's Protectorate of California will file a suit in the international court that his exhaust gasses are floating over the Rockies and harming their air quality, so he'll be forced to build an underground racetrack with a smog scrubbing ventilation system

Quick Reply: Prices starting to fall