Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Production dates

Old 01-29-2008, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Production dates

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

surely seems like a lot of speculation going on or a bunch of misinformed people to me.
I'm betting on the latter.
I'm betting on both, since it seems as if the guys selling the cars don't really have anything firm yet either.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

surely seems like a lot of speculation going on or a bunch of misinformed people to me.
I'm betting on the latter.
I'm betting on both, since it seems as if the guys selling the cars don't really have anything firm yet either.
Only thing firm I have is 6400 units.

Divide that by approximately 3000 dealerships, and you can come to the assumption that there's 1 for every dealership, some will get two, and there may be a few dealerships who get 3,4, or 5.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 AM

My dealer says my car is in "C" status which means it will be built. He also says those cars in "BX" status will NOT be built. He tell's me he has 2 in "C" status and 7 in "BX" status. As with all car salesmen, I take it with a grain of salt. Although the owners of this dealer has a decent reputation. He also advises that in a couple weeks I will have a build date. I'm attending the charity night prior to the Chicago Auto Show opening and I will make my way through to someone at Dodge at ask directly.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:08 AM

I've been watching this forum for a couple weeks with great interest. Like many of you, I've put a deposit down on an '08 Challenger and agreed to pay a premium over sticker. There are some things I am absolutely certain of:

1. The Dodge dealer in my town is a 5-Star Dealer and is getting only one 2008 Challenger. I have purchased seven vehicles from this dealership over the last 3 years and my name will be on the window sticker for their one 2008 Challenger. I do not have a VIN and I don't expect one until April at the earliest. What I am paying for the vehicle has no bearing on when the vehicle will be built or delivered and there is absolutely nothing my dealer can do to expedite the process. SRTs do not sell well in this area and this dealer has sold only a couple over the last several years. Their SRT4s never sold and had to be DXed and the one SRT10 they had sat on the lot for a year.

2. The owner of this dealership has another Dodge Dealership in the next county. That dealership is also getting only one 2008 Challenger and as of today nobody has put down a deposit.

3. Dealers will get more than one 2008 Challenger based on several criteria but mostly based on their SRT sales volume experience. Some dealers are also "acquiring" additional Challengers from dealers like mine who don't want them sitting on their lots for an extended period.

4. The prices we're seeing now on e-Bay at 10k - 20k over sticker aren't likely to hold up after these vehicles hit the dealerships in May-June. They'll certainly command a premium, but probably not that much.

5. When it arrives, I will drive my new Challenger everyday while grinning from ear-to-ear.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: JeepDodgeRam

I've been watching this forum for a couple weeks with great interest. Like many of you, I've put a deposit down on an '08 Challenger and agreed to pay a premium over sticker. There are some things I am absolutely certain of:

1. The Dodge dealer in my town is a 5-Star Dealer and is getting only one 2008 Challenger. I have purchased seven vehicles from this dealership over the last 3 years and my name will be on the window sticker for their one 2008 Challenger. I do not have a VIN and I don't expect one until April at the earliest. What I am paying for the vehicle has no bearing on when the vehicle will be built or delivered and there is absolutely nothing my dealer can do to expedite the process. SRTs do not sell well in this area and this dealer has sold only a couple over the last several years. Their SRT4s never sold and had to be DXed and the one SRT10 they had sat on the lot for a year.

2. The owner of this dealership has another Dodge Dealership in the next county. That dealership is also getting only one 2008 Challenger and as of today nobody has put down a deposit.

3. Dealers will get more than one 2008 Challenger based on several criteria but mostly based on their SRT sales volume experience. Some dealers are also "acquiring" additional Challengers from dealers like mine who don't want them sitting on their lots for an extended period.

4. The prices we're seeing now on e-Bay at 10k - 20k over sticker aren't likely to hold up after these vehicles hit the dealerships in May-June. They'll certainly command a premium, but probably not that much.

5. When it arrives, I will drive my new Challenger everyday while grinning from ear-to-ear.

Thank you, your explanation makes perfect sense in every respect. Good post.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: RRUNNER

ORIGINAL: JeepDodgeRam

Thank you, your explanation makes perfect sense in every respect. Good post.
Uhhh... the part about nobody buying the SRT's and the dealer in the next county over dosen't have a buyer?? Sorry... makes NO sense. Other than that I would have to agree.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 PM

Fresh out of the box, the delivery of the first challengers will be in May to coincide with the challenger 500 at darlington speedway. next years COT to replace the avenger. They will probably deliver badge 1, 2 & 43 there during prerace ceremonies with Kyle & Richard, as all of the winners won tickets to the race.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Give me some good old Mopar Domination on the the oval like back in the dizzy!

Old 01-30-2008, 10:52 AM

fo shizzle my nizzle
ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Give me some good old Mopar Domination on the the oval like back in the dizzy!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 AM

LOL the homies have taken over

Quick Reply: Production dates