Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Questions for 08 owners

Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for 08 owners

Some time ago, there was a thread about the driver's seat that basically said it didn't appear that the back of the seat could be pushed forward so backseat passengers (like I'd ever have any) could only get in and out on the right side. Did anyone ever figure out if the back of the driver's seat can be pushed forward or is it indeed rigid? Also, from some of the statements I've read, I'm under the impression that the driver's side window automatically rolls down when the door is opened. Is this correct? That seems like kind of a bad feature to me, particularly if you're trying to get into the car when it's raining hard.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:30 AM

Default RE: Questions for 08 owners

I dont know about the seats, but I can answer your question on the window. My BMW does the same thing. The window does not roll all the way down when you open the door. It just opens about a 1/2 inch or so and rolls back up after the door is closed again. I think this feature is supposed to protect the rubber seals in the door sil from damage.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 AM

you have to use electric controls to move seat forward by the time you do this you can catch a bus.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

you have to use electric controls to move seat forward by the time you do this you can catch a bus.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:15 PM

I do not like how the passenger seat does not return to the previous position after pushing forward to enter the back seat. My old 1994 Chevy truck would return to the previous position. I do not want back seat passengers anyway so I do not why I am complaining.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM

Fold the back seats down...
Old 08-21-2008, 04:45 PM

the window going down a bit is not only to protect the seals from damage but it's to make sure the window does seal properly when the door is closed and it's both sides not just the drivers side.If any one here is even close to as tall as me it doesn't matter if the drivers seat will fold forward becuase whether you want them or not NO ONE is going to be sitting behind me unless they don't have any feet and legs LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:02 PM

mine has already been to the dealer to fix the window. it stopped going down when I would open door, and would not go down all the way.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: roadagent

the window going down a bit is not only to protect the seals from damage but it's to make sure the window does seal properly when the door is closed and it's both sides not just the drivers side.If any one here is even close to as tall as me it doesn't matter if the drivers seat will fold forward becuase whether you want them or not NO ONE is going to be sitting behind me unless they don't have any feet and legs LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm 6-2, so I know pretty much what you mean. The main reason I asked is a lot of times, especially when my wife is with me and we're shopping, I wind up carrying bags (naturally). I just wondered how hard it was to put stuff in the back seat on the driver's side. If the seat doesn't fold forward, that could be a problem.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:24 AM

The wife's 06 'Stang windows do the same, go down about the 1/2 inch when you open the doors and then roll up when you close the door. At first it was a bit unnerving until I got used to them moving on their own. I had a 96 Monte Carlo and I wish it had that arrangement as I did have a few issues with the windows sealing properly at times when entering the car, especially on cold days.

Quick Reply: Questions for 08 owners