Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

R/T 1/4 mile & 0-60 times

Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T 1/4 mile & 0-60 times

Yeah I agree with both you guys, KEVIN AND ALBEENO... Which is why I did buy the 03' Ram and just paid off yesterday. But what is confusing me like you guys is the whole .1 .2 thing. Because you could get an LS2 GOAT and end all of that for 20k.
What were all really fighting each other over is the fact that the challenger just plain looks so much better than the rest of the pack. Like your girl analogy this one might not be the smartest but she's the sexiest and most dependable.
So what do you guy's think about a used SE in about a year and drop the 6.1 in it.... there going for 6k on moparsupercenter.
I figure maybe 17k for a used SE 6k for engine 2.5k for the whole exhaust... im kinda thinking you could build your own SRT for the price of an R/T... In the end im thinking I'll find an R/T.... But this is kinda making me want to dig deeper into the resources out there I mean if you can get the 6.1 block for only 6k now jeez... that's a helluva steal... plus it's my hot-rod with primo parts all the down the thing from headers to exhuast maybe fan and ignition... just a thought I don't know still on the fence.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Id start with an R/T if I were you. With the SE, you might have to change out the transmission as well. Also the R/T has better stock brakes and suspension than the SE. So unless you are planning on changing them out anyway, the R/T is your best bet.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 AM

Thanks Dude!

PS: You just cannot go wrong with a Ram 1500 with a HEMI! I think that was the one vehicle that single-handedly made "HEMI" a household name starting in like `01? I love em in black, by the way!
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

I happen to have soft spot in my heart for all of the Big 3 muscle cars. It just so happens that I own a Ford...my 5th consecutive Ford, no less. However, I didn't read anywhere in the rule book that I wasn't allowed to like or in some cases (like Challenger) LOVE the others.

Try and look at it this way: It's like you're dating a nice, beautiful girl who you love to pieces, she's great, she really is. But she's been the only show in town for quite sometime now. I mean she's the hottest of all her friends, she is definitely the coolest, friendliest, easiest to get along with, etc. and she even enjoys doing pretty much all the same stuff you do. Plus, she's loyal as Hell. At this pont in the relationship you can prety much finish each others sentences. Now, on the other hand she has two extremely hot younger Sisters and your imagination starts getting the best of you somedays. Sometimes you feel guilty just for even having these thoughts and you subconsciously begin defending your best girl on random message boards with people you do not even know during your lunch break to somehow try and convince yourself that the best thing to do is maybe just to stick with her...despite the ridiculous level of sibling hotness going on in that family. And I mean RIDICULOUS! Still with me mopar2ya? OK, good. At the end of the day though you just know in your heart of hearts that all those fantasies you have been having could easily become a reality IF you allowed it to happen. I mean she is beggin for it! A big obstacle though is she costs A LOT! So, then you begin trying to determine if she is really worth it. This one is gonna be hi maintenance fo sho. Your beautiful, loyal girlfriend that you've been with since November 2005 is great...she still looks awesome, she still enjoys a good beating (on) and performs well when ya need her to, so why in the world would you want to get rid of her?

That is the battle that has been raging in my twisted mind since January 2006 when both Challenger and Camaro literally rose from the dead at the North American Intenational Auto Show. I hope this helps open some sort of window into my thought process. And if you held my feet to the fire and made me say which one I like the best, despite having no qualms whatsoever with my Mustang, I would take a new Challenger R/T in Stoned White in a HEARTBEAT! I just wish it was a little faster and cost a little less. I really wish it was at least as fast as what I am considering giving up. And therein lies the problem.

So, although you may feel that all I am doing here is throwing stones inside a glass house, I think you have got me all wrong. I simply like to throw it out there, get some consensus from many well-informed fellow enthusiasts and take that data to ultimately arrive at an educated, well thought out decision.

PS: And don't even tell me you don't like that beautiful, convertible, red SuperSnake in my sig. I hope she is your proverbial "hot younger Sister". At the end of the day you need me out there as much as I need you; end of story...
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: Albeeno
I absolutely could not (respectfully) disagree with you more! Camaros interior is almost an exact match of the 2006 concept. Challener can't say the same. Furthermore, it does a much better job matching the exterior WOW factor of teh car than Challenger does. Challengers interior is a mix & match from the 300C and Charger parts bin. Everything in Camaro is brand new, state of the art stuff.
ORIGINAL: 73Challenger
I am satisfied with the R/T performance numbers. What's more satisfying is the MPG numbers for a muscle car.
IMO, the interior of the new Camaro is weird. I think the straightforward layout of the new Challenger is far more pleasing to the eye.
Albeeno... with all due respect... I have listened to you whine and moan about the Challenger and brag up the Mustang and Camaro for over a year on this board. You dont like the Challenger fine... dont buy one. You like the Camaro and Mustang... buy one and join thier forums. I think the idea behind this forum is the Challenger enthusiast... thus the name. Your acts are none different than those of a typical forum troll for the most part. I personally would prefer you go Camaro... of Mustang... or whatever floats your boat and have fun doing so...

Just my 2 cents...

Man Beenster I have understood you since the begining. I too had your mindset but it was with trucks, I was torn between the silverado SS, FORD F-150 and Dodge ram 1500 the02 redesign with the big mean grill. I would think the same thing man the ram is hot but the engine is not that great, man the SS is fast but the exterior isnt that great ect ect...until finally dodge shut me up and put the 5.7 l hemi in the ram and I said SOLD. I see your point of view and it is always good to think that way even if people think you are just here against the challenger, I have seen posts from you praising dodge and the challenger. Let me tell you one thing albeeno these numbers are definately wrong. The old RT with 345 hp did 0-60 in 5.4 sec and with a 300$ tune 5.1 sec that is pretty much already on par with the gt. Let me tell you this new one is for sure going to be tested at 5.1-5.3 stock and what would you rather have a stone white challenger that you have been dying for which is just .2 slower than your previous vehicle(but better in the top end) or would you rather just stick to your old car and watch your baby drive by you as you point and say:

"BABY COME BACK!"
"YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"THER WAS SOMETHING IN EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!"

so think about it albeeno, trust me .2 is just a piece of the equation there is more to it than that.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:37 AM

The redesign was in late 01-02 and the hemi was put in late 04. Oh and by the way my dad had the first one in miami straight from the auto show he bought it and it was black . Mine was blue because my dad threatened that if I wanted it in black he would give me his 02 non hemi in black and would buy himself a new hemi ram in black with 0 miles.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:39 AM

I predict 13.86 in the hands of drivers who know their cars.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM

the rt auto should do 13 9 or it is total BS that it has 370 hp and 400 tq. I had a cts-v w 400hp 395 tq and it did mid 13s and weighed 4000 pounds. There can not be .5 sec difference in these 2 cars.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 AM

I want a Challenger R/T. I'm currently in duscussion with my fiance' to see if we might be able to swing it once I get my GT paid off. The best part of the new Challenger is how nice the exterior looks. I think of the "retro" pony/muscle cars out now it has the best exterior. The GT has the best interior as far as in keeping with the retro spirit goes.

IMO overall it goes something like this: Challenger > Mustang > Camaro > Charger > GTO. As far as exterior looks goes.

The new R/T with the power bump should hopefully be able to match a stock GT. I think the times we have seen quoted so far are a little on the conservative side. That said, if you have some idea in your mind about "smoking" a GT with your R/T - you are drinking some serious kool-aid. Because the two cars are close enough that it's gonna be a pretty tough call. I do know for a fact that the GT can do mid 13's in completely stock form. I've seen the proof.

Let's not bring "computer tunes" and modifications into performance comparisons if at all possible. Because most of us here are smart enough to know that the Mustang is just as capable of getting a boost in power from a $300 computer tune as an R/T.

If my fiance' and I are able to swing it we'll be getting a Challenger R/T in the next couple years. This time I am not getting a black car though. One is enough. Maybe silver with a black stripe.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 AM

Silver,your thinking fast.....
Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 AM

no he is thinking bad........O0O0O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....yea i went there...

lol jk but we all know the upcoming b5 blue will be the fastest.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM

haha yeah Silver is definitely a fast color. Plus it's so much easier to keep clean and blemish free vs. black!

Quick Reply: R/T 1/4 mile & 0-60 times