Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

i believe in 2010 the 2nd generation body style of the charger will begin
Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 PM

AMEN to that brother. All I have ever wanted was a '69 Charger. I think I will have to "settle" for an 09 or 10 Challenger and someday I will refurb a Charger from the ground up. Let's just count our blessings that they are doing SOMETHING to bring back the late 60's early '70's muscle, even if it doesn't carry the name we were hoping for. They OWE this to us after what they did to the Charger. That Current Generation Abomination does not deserve to carry the Charger name, they really should have just called it something else
ORIGINAL: thenatural

people think of the charger before the challenger so I am surprised they remade the 2 door challenger than a 2 door charger. I woulnt mind a band new 2 door '69 charger! But of coarse it would have to look nothing like the new chargers
Old 01-04-2008, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

It has been reported that the 2009 Challenger will have the new LC platform-a updated version of the LX.

The LC is a shortened version of the LY for the Challenger.

I guess this means that the 2009 model may be less bulky than the 2008 model. Another reason to wait for the 2009s!
This is incorrect information. The 2008 Challenger will be on the LC platform, the 2009 will also be on the SAME LC platform.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM

LX, LY, LC...what's the deal? I thought the LY was the shortened version of the LX. Similar to how the E-body platform was the shortened version of the B-body, back in the day. Can someone please help edumacate me?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following post was found on allpar.com:

"We can expect three 5.7 Hemis in 2009; the variable-cam edition should be around 380 hp. At the same time, a 6.4 liter Hemi is expected to get nearly 500 hp (we have heard a range from 450-480 with the most recent estimate at 475, and better mileage). He also said that the 6.1 Hemi (SRT version) might get MDS in 2009 or 2010."

Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

This was found there also:

2008 model-year Dodge Challenger production has been bumped up to 10,000 cars for the U.S. and Canada, with at least 9,000 sold as of January 3. We have confirmation on the change of the instrument panel surround to silver. Also interesting are the front seat belt mounts, which are normally bolted to the bottom of the B post, then travel up the B post at which point you grab it and place over your chest. In the Challenger, seat belts are set up convertible-style; there is a small bar at the bottom of the B post which the seat belt is attached to. This allows it to slide back and forth to help with getting it out of the way when getting in the back. Then the seat belt travels through a loop at the top of the seats like in a convertible. You grab the seat belt from the top of the seat and then place across you chest. This may indicate that someone is thinking ahead to making a convertible.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:53 PM

10,000 it is then
Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 AM

So now that we know it's more like 10,000 units versus 5,000 - is it safe to say that people who paid, as reported in some cases, double the MSRP or maybe $10-$20K north of MSRP are "Suckers"? My guess is, probably not. 10,000 units is still fairly "limited production" (I think). In any event, I have to believe that the "collector" value has been somewhat diminished, however. Due to the fact that they've literally doubled the amount of available units.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:46 AM

Every down payment is refundable. The dealer might give you grief, but they can't keep your money if you decide to back out. When the first cars hit the lots, there will be accurate information concerning production quantities. Certainly we'll know if it's closer to 4500, 5000, 9000 or "less than 10,000". So anyone who purchases has the ability to either pay the agreed upon price, try to negotitate it lower, back out and wait, or buy a Mustang or hold on for a Camaro. Won't see me shedding any tears for anyone who overpays for a "collectible" and then whines about the price or production quantities.

I also don't understand all the b1tch1ng about Chrysler. They are providing a gorgeous 425 muscle car for under $38K. GT500's are $7K more (with an additional 75 HP). Your elected officials imposed the $2100 Gas Guzzler tax, sales tax, registration fees (tax), and other silly taxes. The dealers (not Chrysler) are adding additional markups. If the buyers all refuse to pay it, they will sell all day long at MSRP. Let them all sit from April thru May and the dealers will relent quickly as their selling season for a summer sports car dries up.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 PM

So does anyone know how a dealerhip can take a Challenger that a customer ordered and sell it at an auction out from under the customer? Anyone have any contacts with Chrysler or deal with a reputable dealership that can take my ordered vehicle and send it to another dealership so I do not have to deal with these crooks?

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?