Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 12-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

I just was reading on the magazine racks today of a 5.7L that was cranking out 700 horses because of supercharger they added.

You could buy small and add later. Not a bad plan.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Which magazine issue was that, Bud?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:20 AM

wonder if they will have a lift kit avalible so i can put a plow on it
Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Dargh!!!!![:@] If that's true, that's going to screw my decision making process up..... if the difference were nominal, it'd be more attractive to go w/ the MDS+VVT 5.7....380 vs 425.....less compelling....bump the SRT to 450....now it's becoming a crap shoot towards the SRT vs. RT ......unless of course...they offer a the SuperBee package for the SRT ....

It is rumored that there will be 4 engine choices in 2009:

3.5 V6
5.7 Hemi w/MDS
5.7 Hemi w/MDS & VVT (variable valve timing)
6.1 Hemi (SRT)
6.1 Hemi SRT Super Bee w/ MDS and VVT 450 HP
Mine will be the 6.1 Hemi

Cuda340, if this were an option (see quote w/ Bolded entry) and it were a couple thousand more.....they'd have my "extry" coin on that decision!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

I try to see if I can find that issue. I just saw it a couple of days ago.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:02 AM

Skip,

Quick question on the 5.7 liter - will it be 380 HP or 350? I seem to recall 350 for some reason. I'm guessing the 5.7 liter (non-VVT) will probably be in the lo-$30's...am I anywhere in the neighborhood with that GUESS?

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Dargh!!!!![:@] If that's true, that's going to screw my decision making process up..... if the difference were nominal, it'd be more attractive to go w/ the MDS+VVT 5.7....380 vs 425.....less compelling....bump the SRT to 450....now it's becoming a crap shoot towards the SRT vs. RT ......unless of course...they offer a the SuperBee package for the SRT ....

3.5 V6
5.7 Hemi w/MDS
6.1 Hemi (SRT)
6.1 Hemi SRT Super Bee w/ MDS and VVT 450 HP

Cuda340, if this were an option (see quote w/ Bolded entry) and it were a couple thousand more.....they'd have my "extry" coin on that decision!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

3.5 V6
5.7 Hemi w/MDS
6.1 Hemi (SRT)

Should be:

3.5 V6
5.7 Hemi without MDS, with VCT (manual models)
5.7 Hemi w/MDS & VCT (variable cam timing) (auto models)
6.1 Hemi (SRT)
Old 12-17-2007, 06:58 PM

Well its finally out just check your favorite place for the answers. E BAY type in the name and just watch and cry. Dodge is only going to make 4500 SRT Challengers first year and only to allocated dealers. Colors are only black, silver and orange, and the prices are already going to match the real 1970s hemi cars(meaning noncloned) That is just about the last straw for me as a MOPAR enjoying fan I can't afford a $60000 to $100000 for a daily driver, if I could it would be the Viper with a twin turbo setup. Dodge has made a big mistake in my opinion, but who am I, just a fan of the brand. If you don't believe me just look for yourself prices starting at $42,000 and going up from there, saw one at $65,000 already, thats just a kick in the face to me and I guess I'll be taking my money on over to buy a restored '70s hemi ride, might as well, it will cost the same and it will be a real DODGE and will go up in value a lot faster than the new one. (sorry but this just pisses me off) This is just what I was hoping they wouldn't do, now the average joe can't buy one. Wasn't this brand the one thats supposed to be different? Also no manual tranny, just that same one as the Charger SRT 8,basically just another Charger SRT 8. Only a couple of options like it as well. Man I feel like someone in the offices there should wake up and see the light! JUST MY RANTS OVER THIS ? hope everyone agrees.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM

stop complaining and go buy a mustang then
Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 PM

Sorry don't have the stones for a mudstang I like real cars, but think about this if they do this then you can bet all the SRTs will be snatched up by the collectors then held for ran$um,to the highest bidder. You follow where I'm going with this? Oh but you don't care your a millionare. If you don't care to hear what we in the moderate income class have to say then don't listen. But you don't know me so don't try to sell me on your favorite ride. I have owned a lot of cars in my life and none that I felt I was being ripped off to buy but the new way to do a old retro is just that? Then maybe something is wrong in the way the manufacturer is doing their thinking wouldn't you say? If as a buyer we don't voice our opinions how else do you think the manufacturer knows what we think? If your opinion is to buy a Ford then I truely hope that you get your wish and end up with it, its not what I want if I did then I wouldn't be here on the Challenger forum.

(in reply to JJMPB)

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?