Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 03-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

I found this unbelievable post on another Chrysler forum...
Keyword= "Unbelievable"...
Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 AM

could it be a tale from the darkside
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following post was on redletterdodge.com from a Dodge vendor:

"Plum crazy and sublime green this year for those of you who want this option.
I actually had seen the pics of the two cars in that color today and possibly a burnt yellow not like top bananna yellow,I couldnt make out that color for the life of me it was not anything I had seen before but it was yellow(burnt).

I was also told a shaker hood id in the works!

So not to worry its gonna happen I had seen the pics in the demo car I was in today and asked if they’d make it in those colors and the guy just smiled,of coarse we are!

I know this they are taking orders on the Rt like in less than 30 days from what i was told mid april at the latest."

If all of this is true, it is FANTASTIC!

Old 03-25-2008, 06:34 PM

Like Tony The Tiger says "THATS GREAT" - remember the name of the thread - "Who to Believe?"

I'd like Sublime.

I'd really like Sublime

Hey, did I tell you I'd like the color Sublime.

At some point this Subliminal message will be remembered by someone making color choices like Sublime for Chrysler

The following post was on redletterdodge.com from a Dodge vendor:

I actually had seen the pics of the two cars in that color today and possibly a burnt yellow not like top bananna yellow,I couldnt make out that color for the life of me it was not anything I had seen before but it was yellow(burnt).

I was also told a shaker hood id in the works!

So not to worry its gonna happen I had seen the pics in the demo car I was in today and asked if they’d make it in those colors and the guy just smiled,of coarse we are!

I know this they are taking orders on the Rt like in less than 30 days from what i was told mid april at the latest."

By the way I'd really like to have my car offered in Sublime.

Eric
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM

If this is true, that's great news! I know that Sublime and Plum Crazy will make a lot of people very happy , and I can't wait to see those great colors on the road!

Neither of those are for me, but I've been hoping for yellow. The idea of "burnt" yellow doesn't sound good to me. For example, on the Mustang "Screaming Yellow" looks good to me, but I don't care for "Grabber Orange." I picture "burnt" yellow as looking like Grabber Orange.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This production information was just posed on allpar.com

"Production of the Challenger at Brampton is scheduled to start the last week in March. Challengers will be shipped to the US beginning the last week in April and will arrive at American dealers for May. Canadian Challengers will be produced after that and are set for a "summer release." Brampton will shutdown in July for tooling and training. 2009 model production will begin the first week of August for September delivery. If there is any consolation, it is that there will only be a few months wait between the 08s and 09s (sticks, shakers, and such)."
Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM

"Production of the Challenger at Brampton is
scheduled to start the last week in March
. Challengers will be shipped to the US beginning the last week in April and will arrive at American dealers for May. Canadian Challengers will be produced after that and are set for a "summer release." Brampton will shutdown in July for tooling and training. 2009 model production will begin the first week of August for September delivery. If there is any consolation, it is that there will only be a few months wait between the 08s and 09s (sticks, shakers, and such)."
Doesn’t the last week in March end tomorrow?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:24 PM

"Production of the Challenger at Brampton is scheduled to start the last week in March. Challengers will be shipped to the US beginning the last week in April and will arrive at American dealers for May. Canadian Challengers will be produced after that and are set for a "summer release." Brampton will shutdown in July for tooling and training. 2009 model production will begin the first week of August for September delivery. If there is any consolation, it is that there will only be a few months wait between the 08s and 09s (sticks, shakers, and such)."
my questions here are why and where would Chrysler keep all of these cars for a month? I can see a short QA hold to validate the build, but I would guess that there is not room at Brampton for a month long back log of cars...

Also, the bean counters at Cerebus probably wouldnt stand for all that potential revenue (roughly 37K/car, or, at a conservative rate of 100 Challengers a day, thats $111 Million dollars!!) to sit that long...
IMO, they will want our '08's on the road ASAP when they start taking '09 orders to keep the momentum going...
Old 03-27-2008, 04:38 PM

Cuda,

I sure hope their right, the thought of June was killing me. But my info regarding June came from a very reliable source. And if you ask Dodge they tell you late spring. Isn't late spring June. May is mid to late spring. Like Tupperware said I don't think they are going to store these babies very long due to revenue loss and liability issues.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Don't know if this is true, but I did hear today that some Challenger's that were precviously "C" status have moved back to "BG". So no one gets overly excited, please keep in mind this is only a rumor and may have zero credibility. Anyone heard that one or can verify if true or false?

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?