Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Silver is the fastest and we have to deal with it! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/silver-fastest-we-have-deal-4161/)

Andre@Edge 08-04-2008 09:03 PM

Silver is the fastest and we have to deal with it!

I think we should start a support group to help the less silver colors like black and orange.

I for one would like to assure you that we are a limited bunch and you wont have to deal with us MUCH
We will use our super powers on Mustangs and ricers will melt before us. We will deal with this, and I hope mopar2ya learns to deal with it also.

If the silver kids in school were smarter and better at sports then your black, or orange kid would you love him or her less. Heck no! I say we are equal mostly and a little extra hp will not us MUCH more special.

So cheer up and just know that some are riding the short yellow bus

Andre@Edge 08-04-2008 09:14 PM

RE: Silver is the fastest and we have to deal with it!

Just IN CASE mopar2ya wants to bring fast black 300C's into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD1gI...liffedyno.com/

SRT8500 08-04-2008 09:51 PM

How about we all compramize? Black and silver are the same? Isnt Black just really dar silver and silver just really light black? I thank back and silver should be friends and realize that we are together in this and the mustangs will beat them selves but we can let them blame it on the silver and blacks together. I think silver and black are the same car but the black is just tanned a bit. Oh and the poor oranges, They are like the little brother always wanting to play ball with the big boys. Sometimes you just have to let him play cause he your brother man. In closeing Silver and Black to the death.

Justinec101 08-04-2008 09:55 PM

Nice to see that weve stopped arguing about the challenger vs mustang and camaro and now were just gonna argue with eachother.

SRT8500 08-04-2008 10:00 PM

Not argueing, its a heated talk between friends. and face it, I was right about the black silver same colour different shade thing.

RoswellGrey 08-05-2008 01:56 AM

Coming soon: What's faster, the 08s or 09s. My money is on the 09s. ;)

BootCamp 08-05-2008 04:22 AM

Dont have mine yet so I have no first hand knowledge. BUT Im told by reputable sources at Corporate HQ that Dodge didnt make any silver Challengers. Those fast silver Challengers of legend are actually BLACK Challengers that went so fast, the black paint got sucked off in the vortex - leaving behind the metal flake over the primer, resulting in a Silver colored metal-flake finish that people actually think was a finish-coat of paint. Any Black Challengers you see havent been run at WOT yet, thats all - much like Lippenzaner Stallions.
That should put this argument to rest once and for all.

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 04:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Nice to see that weve stopped arguing about the challenger vs mustang and camaro and now were just gonna argue with eachother.
The whole argument involving the Challenger vs Mustang vs Camaro is really pointless. It would be like arguing that apples vs oranges vs bannanas are fastest... and we all know what the answer to that is... [8D]

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 04:48 AM

ORIGINAL: SRT8500

Not argueing, its a heated talk between friends. and face it, I was right about the black silver same colour different shade thing.
I believe that it is a psychological issue... Silver Man Syndrome... where the silver man needs to somehow feel justified in his existence thereby trying to compare himself to the inherently superior black model. I think it is probably OK to let Andre play through this rather than experience the total mental/emotional meltdown that is inevitable... Good Luck and Peace be with you Bro... [sm=signs003.gif]

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Uhhhmmm... Roswell... your point is not even valid. You ordered a white one... white is not even a color... [sm=closed.gif]

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 04:55 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Dont have mine yet so I have no first hand knowledge. BUT Im told by reputable sources at Corporate HQ that Dodge didnt make any silver Challengers. Those fast silver Challengers of legend are actually BLACK Challengers that went so fast, the black paint got sucked off in the vortex - leaving behind the metal flake over the primer resulting in a Silver colored metal-flake finish that people actually think was a finish-coat of paint. Any Black Challengers you see havent been run at WOT yet thats all - much like Lippenzaner Stallions.
That should put this argument to rest once and for all.
Havent heard this... sounds like a conspiracy theory of sorts... will have to do some extensive research. Maybe Dodge just dosent want to take credit for the slower silver models... will have to get back to you on this... [sm=smiley25.gif]

birddog 08-05-2008 05:44 AM

Actuall Black is not a color and White is a color. And I guess if Silver is a lighter shade of Black then it is not a color either. A clipping from the web shows this. So I guess Orange is the only color until the 09s come out.

Is black a color?

No, black is not a color; a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes.

In physics, a black body is a perfect absorber of light.

Is white a color?

Yes, white is a color. White reflects all the colors of the visible light spectrum to the eyes.

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Uhhhmmm... Roswell... your point is not even valid. You ordered a white one... white is not even a color... [sm=closed.gif]

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: birddog

No, black is not a color; a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes.

In physics, a black body is a perfect absorber of light.

Is white a color?

Yes, white is a color. White reflects all the colors of the visible light spectrum to the eyes.
Sooo... now birddog pipes in to complicate things even more... the basic premise being... black sucks and would stand to reason if this were true... white blows???

Silver must be some sort of mutated variant???I will have to research further... [:@]

Riptide 08-05-2008 08:34 AM

You guys can have black. When I got my mustang I swear I wish I had got a silver or white car instead. Black is such a PITA. Every tiny little scratch and swirl mark shows up like a sore thumb in direct sunlight. It SUCKS.

SKiDs33t 08-05-2008 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya
The whole argument involving the Challenger vs Mustang vs Camaro is really pointless. It would be like arguing that apples vs oranges vs bannanas are fastest... and we all know what the answer to that is... [8D]
Umm.... Bannanas? [sm=gobble.gif]

RyanNY 08-05-2008 10:14 AM

We need more people to represent Orange. We cannot let the Silver coats win...

Justinec101 08-05-2008 10:24 AM

Black becomes a color after 15 minutes of driving when it becomes covered in grey dirtspots and swirlmarks.

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-05-2008 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: RyanNY

We need more people to represent Orange. We cannot let the Silver coats win...
We are the RARE breed...

RoswellGrey 08-05-2008 10:56 AM

Uhhhmmm... Roswell... your point is not even valid. You ordered a white one... white is not even a color...
White is so fast it races ahead of all colors. Black is so slow that all colors pile onto it. ;)

ramit 08-05-2008 11:27 AM

Damit you guys are giving me a complex. I ordered a silver almost got a black and ended up with orange. Lets see a silver or black dress up like a pumkin this halloween and get away with it.

halsflying 08-05-2008 02:02 PM

The natural order

Orange soda
Black Bart

Silver Bullet
Silver Streak

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-05-2008 02:07 PM

and my favorite "Quick Silver"

BootCamp 08-05-2008 03:56 PM

White is so fast it races ahead of all colors. Black is so slow that all colors pile onto it. ;)
Actually, Black Challengers are so fast - even light cant catch them, thus the absence of color.
The Orange and Grey Challengers (remember - its metalflake over primer) are being bathed in light - just aint fast enough to elude it.
;)

Andre@Edge 08-05-2008 04:00 PM

I find myself adding black items to my SILVER Challenger JUST to slow it down a bit. You know why they call the black on the car ground effects? It keeps the SILVER from leaving the ground. I even have to add black tint to get it under 85 in a school zone

Andre@Edge 08-05-2008 04:04 PM

Listen guys... we have been through all this together. Rest assured that even though some of you opted for slower colors, us SILVER owners are a kind lot. Its not a gift, but a heavy burden we carry making all of us look good........

BootCamp 08-05-2008 04:10 PM

The first BLACK items you needed were those wide track black tires under that grey Challenger. I imagine they'd slow it down a bit. I plan on tinting my windows when I get my BLACK SRT.....of course it will be BLACK tint, not grey. And Ill keep the grey wheels on the car - Ill need something that people might see when I blurrrrrrr past them.
;)
j/k Bud. Cant think of a color that would look bad on the Challenger - except for maybe brown or forest green. Yuk!

Andre@Edge 08-05-2008 04:16 PM

Hey, when you kick azz on all competitors all that is left is fun between the colors. All are awesome in any class!

That being said.....

Lets just agree that SILVER is faster and we can live in peace again :-Þ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XlG...eature=related

BootCamp 08-05-2008 04:28 PM

How about we agree that Challenger owners are exemplary ambassadors to the muscle car world, have impeccable taste, and have no equal regarding keen insight into superb styling and performance?
:D

halsflying 08-05-2008 04:32 PM

If it wasent for the black and orange ones how else would we know the silver ones were faster?

fatcat 08-05-2008 04:51 PM

SORRY to tell you this but you Black and Silver guys are all wrong. Why well the original Elephant HEMI Motor that started dominating and destroying every car it went against was painted from the factory HEMI ORANGE and there is absolutly no denying that fact and now all the Silver and Black SRT8 Challengers are powered by a HEMI ORANGE motor that is beneath the whole thing. So there is no argument Hemi Orange makes the other colors possible just look at the engine block under your hoods Ahaaaa ha ha ha J K Fat Cat

[sm=gears.gif]

vanishingpoint 08-05-2008 04:59 PM

Hey Mopar2ya- Tell that to Kawalski

fatcat 08-05-2008 05:05 PM

You tell um Vanishingpoint with Kawalski driving and a Hemi Orange motor under the hood no color is faster !!! ahaaaa Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]

Dodge Favre ever 08-05-2008 06:18 PM

The Lone Ranger never said: Hi Ho Black neither did Tonto :D

Dodge Favre ever 08-05-2008 06:20 PM

Quicksilver www.qec.com

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 08:32 PM

And what color was the SR-71 Blackbird... Silver... dont think so... orange... guess again... BLACK!!

Set record of Speed Over a Straight Course (15-25km): 2193.167 mph July of 1976
New York to London 1 hr 54 min 56.4 sec.
London to Los Angeles 3 hrs 47 min 39 sec.
West Coast to East Coast USA 1 hr 7 min 53.6 sec.
Los Angeles To Washington D.C. 1 hr 4 min 19.8 sec.
St Louis To Cincinnati 8 min 31.9 sec.
Kansas City to Washington D.C. 25 min 58.5 sec.

Just to name a few...

Andre@Edge 08-05-2008 08:36 PM

Black has its moments bro....

Even a broken watch is right twice a day :-Þ

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-05-2008 08:39 PM

Bad one dude the SR71 got shot down by something SILVER

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 08:46 PM

Cmon over to the dark side Andre... you know youll like it... [sm=lildevil.gif]

mopar2ya 08-05-2008 08:48 PM

SR71 has taken out a few geese too... dosent mean geese are faster... [8D]

MrKrisSullivan 08-05-2008 08:48 PM

I hate to say it but the way I feel about this black looks the best when clean bottom line hands down imho who cares if it gets dirt on it dont you guys wash your cars On top of that silver is like the most sold color of any car and looks so played out after seeing it more than once sorry andre its the truth Black,black,black,black,black,black,black,black,bl ack,black...[:-][:-][:-][:-][:-] Ohhh yeah white is somewhere in between black and silver