Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Sorry Mopar, This Challenger lacks "It"

Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry Mopar, This Challenger lacks "It"

I've given it 24 hours and hundreds of looks and I'm still not buying. The fact that sitting inside this car is 100% the same as sitting in the Sorry excuse for a Charger (4 doors, who had his mom at work that day?) makes my stomach turn.

The famous E-body look of the Concept is lost with this box-ended decoy and if I could go back in time to talk to the production engineers I would remind them of the Golden Rule in design engineering.

If you need a "production line" car solution bad, You'll get a Bad Production line car solution.

You rushed, Cut Corners and I'm Sorry to say that even as a life long Mopar driver, I'll be putting my money back in the bank until you let go of the conservative corporate beancounter that blew this chance at building the best selling mopar in almost 40 years.

Fix the lines to get back to the "concept" curvy E-Body we all loved and miss so dearly, lose the 500 extra pounds of trunk space and rear roof line for power gains, add in the Pistol grip 6 speed tremec with the 6.1 Hemi option and Don't forget to throw in a true "Challenger" interior.

Do this and I'll Plunk down the 50k cash and drive it every day until gas is 10 bucks a gallon. If you dont, I'll weep when you go bankrupt (cancel, cancel) but at least I tried to help save the only Car Company I have ever been loyal too; hell I once owned a front wheel drive 2.2 liter "Charger". (you owe me for that) Now my Durango sits waiting for a worthy companion...

The way I see it, I've spent two precious years of my life waiting in Vain. so, come on... YOU OWE ME THIS ONE!!

PS. I'll take the Concept Challenger off your hands if you all really like this car better....Thought not.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Default RE: Sorry Mopar, This Challenger lacks "It"

Hey, its cool with me how you feel. But for me.. they did a dang good job. If I wanted a '74 then I'll go out and buy a '74 but I don't. We can't get everything we want out of life.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 PM

I actually like it better than the first generation...
Old 02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

See it in person, before you judge. It's got sweet lines. They're going to hash out any deficiencies, and you've pointed out some valid ones. Time and patience. Though, honestly, they'd have had my money today if I could have gotten it with the 6 and @ MSRP or a possible a tick or two higher (so, it wasn't meant to be for me in 08, 09 is looking fine!)

Old 02-07-2008, 04:31 AM

Well, I've had almost 24 hours to review all pics available and rethink my initial response. I think it was the triple black pictures that did it for me. With that said I'm in 110%. Triple black, R/T all possible options available...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tass13 Ive been waiting a long time for this car and the only thing I can say is this is 2008. If you want a 70-74 Challenger... then thats what you need to get. The 2008 run is better handling, braking, turning and overall comfortable ride. Better heating, airconditioning, sound system, and it will also tell you where your going. Over all better HP numbers. You get one heck of a nice ride for a Challenger. And I know Challengers. They are not my first choice when it comes to comfort. But I do like the drive. This 2008 will give you that and more. But if you don't buy one, who cares... someone else will thats for sure. Just wave bye bye as the Challenger train goes by and in a big hurry. This is the one shot you get at a new one, I'll be buying a 2009 with a 6-speed and cruising in style AND comfort Can't wait
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 AM

I think the interior is done well-it is simple, functional, and looks good-I do wish they would have done the dash/gauges more like a rallye dash from the 70's, with full instrumentation (oil pressure, ammeter, etc) but the door panels, have a similiar shape, I like the interior handles (in carbon fiber to boot!), the overhead console is clean & functional, and it looks like something that should be in this kind of car-NOT something that should be in a Caddy or BMW-'Luxury' belongs in a luxury car; this is a ponycar/musclecar and looks to be equipped properly-

I too am waiting for '09 and a 6 speed R/T...what would be nice would be a package that gets you the brakes, suspension etc of the SRT but with the 380 horse Hemi and a 6 speed...in Sublime!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 AM

Yep, a triple-black challenger with the red R/T on the grill will look awsome, wonder if they will put R/T on the rear ducktail spolier? Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 AM

I think that would be smooth...that and maybe a '70 Bumblebee stripe? In carbon fiber to match hood stripes? Hmmm...may have to Photoshop that one...
Old 02-07-2008, 08:53 AM

If they don't, I will.

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

Yep, a triple-black challenger with the red R/T on the grill will look awsome, wonder if they will put R/T on the rear ducktail spolier? Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Sorry Mopar, This Challenger lacks "It"